The Michigan Child Support Program strives to help families support each other both financially and emotionally. The program is a partnership of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Office of Child Support, Friend of the Court offices, prosecuting attorney offices, the State Court Administrative Office, employers, hospitals and other community agencies.
"Child support is a key part of the social safety net," said Erin Frisch, chief deputy director for opportunity at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. "The dedication and commitment of all involved in the state's program ensured more than 845,000 children and their families received nearly $1.2 billion in child support in 2018."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MPSC approves $19.9M rate increase for SEMCO Energy Gas Co.
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Lowers Flags in Observance of Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- Michigan: MI AG Nessel Charges Former Credit Union Teller with Embezzlement from Elderly Customer
- More than 11,000 blind, visually impaired Michiganders receive services over 50-year span
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Files Brief in Supreme Court Regarding State Funding of Nonpublic Schools
The program provides parents of all income levels with assistance in obtaining financial support and medical insurance coverage for their children. It also helps locate parents, establishes paternity, manages child support cases and collects and disburses support payments.
- 71.4 percent of support was paid in the month it was due. Collections of child support paid in the month when due totaled $969.7 million. $1.06 billion was collected by employers withholding child support from parents' paychecks. $122 million was distributed to families each month by the Michigan State Disbursement Unit, Michigan's centralized collection and payment processor.
Additional information about Michigan's Child Support Program is available in this fact sheet. Child support information for parents, employers, hospitals and schools can also be found at Michigan.gov/childsupport.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- Debut Author Karen Wolff's THE GREEN YEARS Is a Compelling Post-WWI Coming-of-age Story
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Number of renewable energy installations up by 57% in Michigan in 2018
- Michigan: Strampel Permanently Surrenders License to Practice Medicine; Ordered to Pay $35,000 Fine
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- The Macomb Group Expands Into South Carolina
- Michigan: Looking for property? DNR public land auction starts Tuesday
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- Michigan: Public meeting in Newaygo Dec. 12 for changes on M-37
- Governor Whitmer Appoints Renee Knake to Michigan State University Board of Trustees
- Michigan: Secretary of State St. Ignace office will close Dec. 13 for move to new location
- Michigan: Extended deer season in metro Detroit lets archery hunters take aim through Jan. 31