The Michigan Child Support Program strives to help families support each other both financially and emotionally. The program is a partnership of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Office of Child Support, Friend of the Court offices, prosecuting attorney offices, the State Court Administrative Office, employers, hospitals and other community agencies.
"Child support is a key part of the social safety net," said Erin Frisch, chief deputy director for opportunity at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. "The dedication and commitment of all involved in the state's program ensured more than 845,000 children and their families received nearly $1.2 billion in child support in 2018."
More on Michimich.com
- Introducing .NET Core 3 in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency Suspends Iron Laboratories' Medical Marijuana Facility License
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Civil Rights Division to Investigate Conduct of Royal Oak Police Officers in Recent Incident
- Michigan: Sklarczyk Seed Farm Earns 2019 'Ag Exporter of the Year' Award
- Michigan: Hundreds Share Insights on Elder Abuse with MI AG, Supreme Court Justices During Listening Tour
The program provides parents of all income levels with assistance in obtaining financial support and medical insurance coverage for their children. It also helps locate parents, establishes paternity, manages child support cases and collects and disburses support payments.
- 71.4 percent of support was paid in the month it was due. Collections of child support paid in the month when due totaled $969.7 million. $1.06 billion was collected by employers withholding child support from parents' paychecks. $122 million was distributed to families each month by the Michigan State Disbursement Unit, Michigan's centralized collection and payment processor.
Additional information about Michigan's Child Support Program is available in this fact sheet. Child support information for parents, employers, hospitals and schools can also be found at Michigan.gov/childsupport.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Experts at Caster Concepts Help Companies Find the Best Casters for Their Needs
- Michigan publishes first statewide study of PFAS in water supply
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- Michigan: MI AG Nessel Files State Reply to Enbridge Brief
- Michigan AG Nessel Approves $1.3 Million in Wrongful Imprisonment Compensation to Ionia County Man
- Michigan: Nessel Joins Colleagues in Opposing Rule Restricting Asylum Access
- Michigan: AG Nessel Issues Statement on Israeli Government's Decision to Deny Entry to Congresswomen Tlaib and Omar
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- Sterling Heights: Cone Zone - Road Construction Updates
- Michigan: Dickinson, Eaton and Huron counties create land banks to combat blight, strengthen communities
- Michigan: Treasury: All Ages Eligible to Open MiABLE Accounts
- America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies: Revealed
- MDARD Director McDowell signs emergency rules setting testing standards for Michigan's first industrial hemp crop
- Michigan: Porcupine Mountains Music Festival celebrates 15 years
- Secretary of State Mobile Office to visit Michigan State Fair in Novi from Aug. 29 to Sept. 2
- Every Legend Has a Story… Every Legacy Has a Beginning… DIVINE INTERVENTION by Spencer Stoner
- Threshold Named among the Nation's Top Companies on the 2019 Inc. 5000
- Digital Media Solutions Secures Sixth Consecutive Ranking On Inc. 5000 List
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu