ESTIMATED STARTING DATE:
Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE:
Friday, Sept. 27, 2019
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is partnering with the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community (KBIC) on a $564,000 project to reconstruct the M-28/Acre Trail Road intersection in Chocolay Township, Marquette County.
Acre Trail Road is the entrance to the Marquette Ojibway Casino, which is undergoing a major expansion, including the addition of a new 1,200-seat event and entertainment venue and expanded gaming area. A new hotel is also planned in the future.
More on Michimich.com
- Introducing .NET Core 3 in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency Suspends Iron Laboratories' Medical Marijuana Facility License
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Civil Rights Division to Investigate Conduct of Royal Oak Police Officers in Recent Incident
- Michigan: Sklarczyk Seed Farm Earns 2019 'Ag Exporter of the Year' Award
- Michigan: Hundreds Share Insights on Elder Abuse with MI AG, Supreme Court Justices During Listening Tour
A Transportation Economic Development Fund (TEDF) Category A grant was secured to pay for 60 percent of the project with the remaining matching funds being contributed by MDOT and the KBIC. Left- and right-turn lanes will be added on M-28 to support the additional traffic and turning movements generated by the expansion. The project also includes concrete curb and gutter, new signs, pavement markings, and centerline rumble strips.
Project map: https://bit.ly/2KDIMWn
The work will require shoulder closures and single-lane closures. One alternating lane will be open via traffic regulators.
This project will increase safety and provide for the smooth flow of traffic for motorists on M-28 as well as those turning at Acre Trail Road.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Experts at Caster Concepts Help Companies Find the Best Casters for Their Needs
- Michigan publishes first statewide study of PFAS in water supply
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- Michigan: MI AG Nessel Files State Reply to Enbridge Brief
- Michigan AG Nessel Approves $1.3 Million in Wrongful Imprisonment Compensation to Ionia County Man
- Michigan: Nessel Joins Colleagues in Opposing Rule Restricting Asylum Access
- Michigan: AG Nessel Issues Statement on Israeli Government's Decision to Deny Entry to Congresswomen Tlaib and Omar
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- Sterling Heights: Cone Zone - Road Construction Updates
- Michigan: Dickinson, Eaton and Huron counties create land banks to combat blight, strengthen communities
- Michigan: Treasury: All Ages Eligible to Open MiABLE Accounts
- America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies: Revealed
- MDARD Director McDowell signs emergency rules setting testing standards for Michigan's first industrial hemp crop
- Michigan: Porcupine Mountains Music Festival celebrates 15 years
- Secretary of State Mobile Office to visit Michigan State Fair in Novi from Aug. 29 to Sept. 2
- Every Legend Has a Story… Every Legacy Has a Beginning… DIVINE INTERVENTION by Spencer Stoner
- Threshold Named among the Nation's Top Companies on the 2019 Inc. 5000
- Digital Media Solutions Secures Sixth Consecutive Ranking On Inc. 5000 List
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu