October 31, 2019 – The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) served an order summarily suspending the license of Tamara J. Larsen, R.N. The Michigan Public Health Code provides for summary suspension of professional licenses when the public health, safety, or welfare requires emergency action.
LARA also served an accompanying administrative complaint on Ms. Larsen. The complaint alleges that she stole vials of liquid fentanyl and replaced the stolen fentanyl with other medication similar in appearance in an effort to conceal her diverting of the controlled substances.
"Protecting the health, safety and welfare of the public is a priority for our department and in this situation it was important that we take swift action," said LARA Director Orlene Hawks.
An order of summary suspension is a temporary measure to protect the public and not a final determination that a licensee has violated the Public Health Code.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: I-75 modernization project in Oakland County resumes Friday, Feb. 28, with weekend closure
- Diversified Restaurant Holdings, Inc. and ICV Partners Complete Merger
- Michigan: MPSC's E-Dockets system now allows users to get email updates when new filings are posted
- Michigan: I-75 project near Indian River to start March 2
- Lane closures begin on M-39 (Southfield Freeway) and US-12 (Michigan Avenue) for major bridge work
This case was investigated by LARA's Pharmacy and Drug Monitoring Section, which focuses on investigating and pursuing appropriate disciplinary actions against individuals who overprescribe or divert controlled substances, and individuals and facilities who over dispense controlled substances.
LARA encourages all concerned residents, patients, parents and peers to file complaints against licensed health professionals who may allegedly be risking public health, safety or welfare. For more information on filing a complaint with the department, visit Michigan.gov/BPL or review the Citizen's Guide to Filing a Complaint. For more information on LARA's regulation of health professions in Michigan, please go to www.michigan.gov/healthlicense.
More on Michimich.com
- State Asks Lower Court to Declare Healthy Michigan Plan Work Requirements Unlawful, as Required by Higher Court Ruling
- Michigan: Owe Taxes? Make Payments Direct to Treasury
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- The Work Truck Show 2020 rolls into Indianapolis next week
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
Latest on Michimich.com
- New Leadership Role for Avanti Press in Canada
- Michigan SEO Group Brings on New Internet Marketing Specialist
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Coalition Supporting Legislation to Better Regulate Corporate Bankruptcy Filings
- KOLBUS is a new name in corrugated converting machinery
- KYOCERA's New AH100A Alumina Ceramic Offers Breakthrough Benefits for High-Voltage Insulation Applications
- Michigan: Environmental Rules Review Committee to consider PFAS in drinking water standard
- Michigan: MDARD Recognizes National Weights & Measures Week March 1-7, 2020
- Michigan: Secretary of State teaming up with Meijer to offer self-service stations for vehicle plate renewals at many stores
- Abond CRO Hires Charley Bratton as Senior Vice President Corporate Marketing and Sales
- MOTOR Partners with Matco Tools to Exclusively Sell MOTOR Manuals through Matco's Distributors
- That's A Wrap: The 14th Annual Beaufort International Film Festival Winners are Announced
- CEO Coaching International Makes Inc.'s List of the 250 Fastest Growing Private Companies in California
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- Hair Detangler School Seeks Clients with Matted Tangled Hair for Free Detangle Services
- Giner Lab Goes Freestyle With Lab Flooring Installation
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- Its Time to Make Commercial Cleaning a Priority in Your Office
- Artworks by Sargent, Koons, Chihuly, James Sword all do well at Bruneau & Co. auction held Feb. 15
- Want Different Hair? Africanmall Wigs & Hair Weave Will Rock You!!
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!