October 31, 2019 – The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) served an order summarily suspending the license of Tamara J. Larsen, R.N. The Michigan Public Health Code provides for summary suspension of professional licenses when the public health, safety, or welfare requires emergency action.
LARA also served an accompanying administrative complaint on Ms. Larsen. The complaint alleges that she stole vials of liquid fentanyl and replaced the stolen fentanyl with other medication similar in appearance in an effort to conceal her diverting of the controlled substances.
"Protecting the health, safety and welfare of the public is a priority for our department and in this situation it was important that we take swift action," said LARA Director Orlene Hawks.
An order of summary suspension is a temporary measure to protect the public and not a final determination that a licensee has violated the Public Health Code.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Department of State to mail 250,000 applications to serve on Redistricting Commission
- Governor Whitmer Applauds USDA Disaster Designation for Michigan Counties
- As utility scam complaints rise in Michigan, MPSC urges customers to be on alert
- AG Nessel: Sec. DeVos's Automatic Debt Forgiveness for Arts Institute of Michigan Students is the Right Call
- Michigan: DNR seeks tips about bull elk poached in Pigeon River Country
This case was investigated by LARA's Pharmacy and Drug Monitoring Section, which focuses on investigating and pursuing appropriate disciplinary actions against individuals who overprescribe or divert controlled substances, and individuals and facilities who over dispense controlled substances.
LARA encourages all concerned residents, patients, parents and peers to file complaints against licensed health professionals who may allegedly be risking public health, safety or welfare. For more information on filing a complaint with the department, visit Michigan.gov/BPL or review the Citizen's Guide to Filing a Complaint. For more information on LARA's regulation of health professions in Michigan, please go to www.michigan.gov/healthlicense.
More on Michimich.com
- NYC Church Takes A Radical Approach To Grief During Thanksgiving Weekend
- 2020 Michigan Economic Forecast Forum To Be Held January 9 In East Lansing
- GIA Wellness Introduces Two Revolutionary Skin Nourishment Products
- Henry Ford Village's Management Company Ranked #1 In J.D. Power Study
- 7pace Releases Timetracker 5 with new Dashboards for Azure DevOps
Latest on Michimich.com
- Governor Whitmer Announces Trip to Strengthen Michigan Business Ties with Israel
- Newest Digital Media Solutions Office Named Top Workplace In San Diego
- AF Group Employees Raise $294,000 for Charities
- Michigan: MDE to Request Federal Waivers for Summer Food Service Program
- Serpmart Digital Marketing, Wholesale Web Design and Digital Marketing Services For Businesses That Want Growth
- Hurdle Realty Celebrates Half a Century of Bringing Home the American Dream
- Singapore FinTech Festival 2019 Reinvents IT industry
- GM Books' Collaborative-Publishing Model as A Win-Win For Authors and The Publisher
- PearlFection Dentistry invests in state of the art Cone Beam CT scanner (3D imaging), Panoramic X-ray System, and Cephalometric X-ray system
- Bob Holz to Release New Album with Rolling Stones Bassist Darryl Jones
- Competitive Financial Solutions for Business Development
- Globemaker Introduces New Handcrafted, Geographical Globes For Homes, Schools, Offices
- Michigan: EGLE to ease permitting process for sandbags as temporary measure against shoreline erosion
- Michigan: Snowbirds reminded to renew early
- Third Coast Bakery Wins National Award From PETA
- Tarps Now® Expands Mesh Tarps Providing Wide Range of Exposure Levels and Applications
- Michigan's firearm deer season drives tradition, economic gains
- Michigan Education Trust to Reopen Enrollment Dec. 1, Allowing Purchasers to Meet Tax Deduction Deadline
- Michigan: MDHHS issues RFP for fetal alcohol spectrum disorder programming
- Michigan: AG Nessel Kicks Off Robocall Crackdown Effort with State and Federal Partners