- MDHHS identifies first Michigan case of new COVID-19 variant, B.1.1.7. in Washtenaw County
- Michigan: Deer Private Land Assistance Network grant application period open
- Michigan: DNR seeks to fill vacancies on UP Citizens' Advisory Councils
Today, The Athletes' Corner, Adrian Peterson and the A&A Peterson Family Foundation announced a special 100,000 meal donation, as part of their All Day Holiday Meals Campaign. During the month of November, the two organizations have already helped provide 6,000 meals to Gleaners Community Food Bank in Detroit with the help of Feeding America®.
This 100,000-meal donation will be accompanied by a custom pair of "fighting hunger" themed cleats that Adrian Peterson will wear during the Lions Thanksgiving Day game vs. the Texans. The cleats were personally designed and customized by world renowned celebrity shoe designer, Kickstradomis. They will feature 4 specific phrases as well as an entertaining cartoon of Adrian Peterson carrying "meals" instead of a football.
The Athletes' Corner and the A&A Peterson Family Foundation will be presenting a check to Gleaners Community Food Bank and Feeding America® on December 1st - for 100,000 meals.
More on Michimich.com
- Love & Sip Valentine Brunch with Celebrity The Comedian, Tomea, Grammy Saxophonist Jason Davis, Gospel Contemporary Duo, Only God Ministries
- Rustic Deco Launches B2B Wholesale Furniture Website
- PointsBet Online and Mobile Sports Betting To Go Live in Michigan
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer, MDHHS announce food assistance recipients will see additional benefits by end of January; Fifteen percent increase in payments will help families cope with pandemic
- Michigan Regulatory Agency Announces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Workgroup
"Playing on Thanksgiving Day is an honor, knowing that millions of people are choosing to welcome you into their home and share their holiday with you. I hope that this year I can use the national spotlight to draw attention to the millions of hungry families across this country that need our help. This Thanksgiving, I'll be suited up for the Lions, but I'll also be proudly representing the people of Detroit." -- Adrian Peterson, Detroit Lions RB
"We launched The Athletes' Corner vs. Hunger due to our desire to help families with a focus on faith. In Matthew 25, Christ commissions us to feed the hungry, and we couldn't think of a better way to fulfill that mission than with the help of the athletes everyone looks up to. Adrian Peterson is an All-Time NFL great, and it's an honor for us to be able to work with him and Ashley to help provide over 100,000 meals to families in Detroit. He's an MVP both on and off the field, and we love his desire to impact families in the communities he plays for." -- Brennen Creer & Kelenna Azubuike, Co-Founders of The Athletes' Corner.
While you're eating turkey this Thursday, tune in to see Adrian Peterson and his special Thanksgiving Day Cleats in action at 12:30pm EST on CBS.
To help feed more families, or learn more about The Athletes' Corner vs. Hunger, please visit: https://theathletescorner.org/fighting-hunger/
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Federal Judge Grants Preliminary Approval to $641.25M Flint Water Settlement
- Ending Homelessness in Michigan' report illustrates the state of homelessness in Michigan
- Successful Marquette Financial Advisor releases landmark book about faith and financial wisdom
- Adyton Announces Mobile Performance Assurance + Intelligence Augmentation Tech
- United States Attorney Matthew Schneider to Join Honigman as Partner and Co-Leader of White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice
ABOUT THE ATHLETES' CORNER
The Athletes' Corner is a 501c3 Non-profit organization that works with professional athletes and their foundations to help those who are struggling mentally, spiritually and physically – all through the vehicle of sports. The Athletes' Corner has two primary initiatives that they focus on in order to accomplish their mission: their faith-based and family-focused media platform, and athlete foundation partnerships. Their athlete foundation partnerships are aimed to tackle things like fighting hunger and financial hardship. Visit their Website or Instagram to learn more.
ABOUT THE A&A PETERSON FAMILY FOUNDATION
The A&A Peterson Family Foundation was co-founded by NFL MVP Adrian Peterson, and his wife Ashley. Their foundation believes in encouraging and empowering individuals and families to work together to make a difference in their communities. They want to help eradicate poverty by working to create and develop opportunities for underserved individuals, especially children. Visit their website or Instagram to learn more.
SOURCE The Athletes' Corner
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- City Streaming TV, a Streaming Television Inc Network Launches, bringing Community and Faith Leaders into local TV's, At No Cost
- BoatDealers.ca Surges with Record Traffic in 2020
- Michigan Civil Rights Commission Issues Statement on Day of Racial Healing
- Saga Communications, Inc. Announces Date and Time of 4th Quarter and Year End 2020 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Sterling Heights: SHPD receives grant to implement innovative Trap, Neuter and Return program
- ArborMotion Recommends 3 New Year's Resolutions for Your Car
- 'Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts' Announces Rebranding to 'Aesthetic Mentor'
- OCC Adopts Final Rule Requiring Large Banks to Provide Fair Access to Banking Services
- The Antenna Company Announces Venture Debt Financing Agreement with Brabant Development Agency (BOM)
- Payload, a New Headless Content Management System, Launches to the Public
- Sterling Heights City Council confirms appointment of Kevin Edmond for new fire chief
- Code18 Interactive Launches New Websites for Balmex and Balmex Adult
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Proclaims January 19 as Day of Racial Healing
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency Issues Final Recommendations of the Racial Equity Advisory Workgroup
- Michigan: Liquor License and Permits Suspended for Businesses in Mt. Pleasant, Plymouth and Bitely for Violations of MDHHS Emergency Order - Bringing Total to 37 Since September
- MDHHS launches paid media campaign to inform Michiganders about safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine
- Michigan: 21 shipments of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine impacted due to temperature issues during shipment by distributor
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation's National Day of Racial Healing Takes Digital Stage for Fifth Anniversary
- The Atlas Group adds Corbin Raines to their list of professional property managers
- Taraji P. Henson Special Presenter at the 2021 Inaugural Gospel Celebration on January 20, 2021