- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Makes Appointments to Boards and Commissions
- Michigan: I-69 project in Clinton and Eaton counties begins the week of Aug. 2
- Michigan: EGLE statement on anchor retrieval in Mackinac Straits
GM recognized 122 of its best suppliers from 16 countries for performance in the 2020 calendar year. The annual awards highlight global suppliers that distinguish themselves by exceeding GM's requirements, in turn providing GM customers with innovative technologies and among the highest quality in the automotive industry.
"As GM works to achieve a future with zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion, we are proud to have innovative and dedicated suppliers around the world as partners in this mission," said Shilpan Amin, GM vice president, Global Purchasing and Supply Chain.
"Throughout a challenging year, our suppliers have showed resilience and dedication in working toward our shared goal of long-term sustainability for our planet and the communities we serve, while meeting our present needs," Amin said. "We are pleased with what we've accomplished together in the past year and we are excited by the opportunity that lies ahead."
The 2020 Supplier of the Year winners were selected by a global team of GM purchasing, engineering, quality, manufacturing and logistics leaders. Winners were chosen based on performance criteria in Product Purchasing, Global Purchasing and Manufacturing Services, Customer Care and Aftersales, and Logistics.
More on Michimich.com
- City of Sterling Heights announces new "Break-Free Blast" series of events for remainder of 2021
- Horizon Global to Present Virtually and Host Investor Meetings at Jefferies Virtual Industrials Conference August 4
- Vandi Lynnae Announces New Single 'Dancing Through The Rain'
- Banks Hardwoods Produces Educational Short Film for Hardwood Lumber Industry
- Michigan: US-41/M-28 signal work in Ishpeming next week
"We are honored to be recognized as a GM Supplier of the Year for the 7th year in a row, especially during a time when the circumstances required us to quickly change our way of working to support GM's business priorities," said Priya Ahilan, Executive Director of the OEM Business Unit at Alps Alpine North America. "This year's award has additional special meaning to us, as it is our first year of winning this award under the integrated Alps and Alpine organization. We appreciate GM recognizing all the efforts our global team has contributed towards GM's success, and I am very proud of the Global Alps Alpine Team for their commitment and dedication during these unprecedented times."
About Alps Alpine
Alps Alpine, a leading manufacturer of electronic components and automotive infotainment systems, has brought the world numerous "First 1" and "Number 1" products since its founding in 1948. The Alps Alpine Group currently operates 110 bases in 26 countries and regions, supplying roughly 40,000 different products and solutions to around 2,000 companies worldwide. Those offerings include devices such as switches, sensors, data communication modules, touch input panels, actuators and power inductors; electronic shifters, remote keyless entry systems and other automotive units; consumer electronics like car navigation and audio-visual systems; and systems and services such as digital keys based on smartphone app and blockchain technology, and remote monitoring.
More on Michimich.com
- Gov. Whitmer Signs Proclamation Marking July 28 - August 4 as Buy Michigan Week
- Summer conditions leading to algal blooms in canals, rivers around failed Mid-Michigan dams
- Michigan: Bridge demolition requires closing a portion of I-75 this weekend in Detroit
- Michigan: AG Nessel Issues Listing Scams Consumer Alert for Rental Assistance Day of Action
- Michigan: M-60 shoulder resurfacing east of Niles starts Monday
General Motors (NYSE:GM) is a global company focused on advancing an all-electric future that is inclusive and accessible to all. At the heart of this strategy is the Ultium battery platform, which will power everything from mass-market to high-performance vehicles. General Motors, its subsidiaries and its joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Baojun and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety and security services, can be found at https://www.gm.com.
SOURCE Alps Alpine
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- Horizon Global Announces Date for Second Quarter 2021 Results Conference Call
- Michigan: Homeowner Assistance Fund, Single-Family Mortgage Revenue Bonds Receive MSHDA Board Approval
- MPSC approves natural gas pipeline project that will improve reliability for customers in northern Michigan
- Michigan: Stoplog failure alters water levels at White Cloud Dam
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Announces Support for Ford's Global Battery Center of Excellence in Romulus
- Michigan: Consent Judgment Reached with Executive Car Rental after Alleged Breach of Agreement
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces New Grocery Store in North Flint to Provide Healthy Food Options to Area Residents, Create Economic Growth
- Michigan Avenue bridge repairs over Portage Creek start Monday in downtown Kalamazoo
- Michigan: Stay safe this summer: tips for identifying and avoiding harmful algal blooms
- Lots of Tails Waggin' in Kansas City's West Bottoms First Friday Weekend
- Michigan Civil Rights Commission Appoints Atty. John E. Johnson, Jr. Executive Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights
- Financial Services and Retirement Planning Expert and Former CEO of VALIC Financial Advisors Joins CEO Coaching International®
- 'APX by Terri Ross' Announces New Director of Client Success
- Vancouver Business owner, John Edwards' Book, "Despite Me; Discover a Proven Pathway to a Life of Passion and Purpose," Nominated for Global Award
- SHELBY TWP Resident, DANIELLE BERNOCK's Book, "EMERGING WITH WINGS," nominated for Global Award
- Galaxy Diagnostics Launches Broadest IFA Serology Panel Available for Bartonella Infection
- Omnific Publishing Announces Acquisition of The Bachelor Diaries Series by Leigh Wyndfield
- CIMdata to Host Free Webinar on Systems Modeling and Simulation
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Richard Rodriquez, #139690
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Don Adams, #131431