- Expert tip: Private Jet Engine Maintenance Program - Pros and Cons for Preowned Jet Buyers
- Golden Limousine President Sean Duval Receives Humanitarian Award
- Levinger Regens Announces New Initiative to Improve Hydrogen Carbon Intensity
75% of Big Game's Car Ads Featured EVs, Leading to a 21% Increase Overall in EV Page Views on Cars.com
CHICAGO, Feb. 13, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Football fans rushed to car-shopping marketplace Cars.com™ (NYSE: CARS) during and after Sunday's game to learn more about the vehicles advertised in its prime-time commercials with advertising automakers. Collectively, advertising automakers saw an 81% lift to pages on Cars.com. The lineup included spots from Kia, GM, and Stellantis brands Jeep and Ram, but Kia took home the trophy with a 230% spike in Cars.com traffic following the airing of its ad, "Binky Dad."
Kia's ad may have been the night's big winner, but every car brand making a game-time appearance experienced notable traffic surges as consumers flocked to Cars.com to learn more about the advertised vehicles, read unbiased reviews from experts and consumers, and view side-by-side comparisons to other makes and models.
Brand and Commercial
Brand Lift on Cars.com
Kia "Binky Dad"
GM "Why Not an EV?"
Ram "Premature Electrification"
Jeep "Electric Boogie"
"Americans are inundated with brand messages on a day that's as big for advertising as it is for sports, and advertisers 'win' when consumers take the next step to find out more," said Jennifer Vianello, Cars.com chief marketing officer. "So while the significant traffic growth on Cars.com is a victory for the automaker and brands that showed spots during the game, it's also a win for the brands that funneled their ad dollars to target Cars.com visitors, bypassing the multimillion-dollar traditional media buy while still capitalizing on the postgame spike of engaged, in-market car shoppers."
Only about 5% of Americans1 are actively in the market to buy a car at any given time, so many brands strategically sit out the big show and spend a fraction of the cost on hyper-targeted digital advertising.
Although Ford wasn't advertising during the Big Game this year, the Detroit-based automaker's electric-vehicle page views saw a 118% increase in EV engagement on Cars.com from Ram's "Premature Electrification" ad and a 146% lift on Cars.com during GM's "Why Not an EV?" ad. BMW also benefited on the marketplace, with a 70% increase in views of the luxury automaker's EVs during GM's partnered ad with Netflix and a 33% bump during Ram's pharma-spoof commercial.
More on Michimich.com
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics ® Offers Tetra CoolPeel Co2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Databloom's Blossom Achieves Faster and More Efficient Big Data Analytics
- Orchard Audio's New PecanPi®+ DAC and Streamer Feature AKM's Latest Flagship Chips
- Country Artist Ashley Wineland to Release Poignant Ballad 'I'm Going Home'; Announces Her 2023 National Tour
- Jennifer S. Wilkov Finalizes Lineup for the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference
The game brought out a few more surprises, including:
- Cross-Shopping Consumers: Used Teslas saw a 26% bump on Cars.com during Jeep's "Electric Boogie" ad. The electric-car brand saw an even greater bump (29% for used Teslas) when Elon Musk was shown in the stands, proving consumers are still very EV curious.
- Cars on the Big Screen: Porsche saw a 47% increase in page views on Cars.com following the trailer for the new Transformers movie that features Mirage, a Transformer character that replicates the Porsche 911.
- EV-Curious Fans: In addition to brand-specific searches, Cars.com visitors looked more broadly for information on EVs, causing a 21% increase in EV page views on Cars.com, which appeared to benefit some automakers' EVs.
Cars.com analyzed site traffic patterns for advertised car model pages during the eight minutes before each spot aired and again eight minutes after. General EV traffic patterns were measured week over week.
For more reviews, car-buying advice and tips, visit Cars.com/news.
Cars.com Internal Data
1 Based on 3.7MM expected U.S. vehicle sales per 90 days in U.S. (SC&P Global Mobility), compared against total U.S. households (123.6MM). 2016–20 U.S. Census Bureau.
ABOUT CARS.COM INC.
CARS is a leading automotive marketplace platform that provides a robust set of digital solutions that connect car shoppers with sellers. Launched in 1998 with the flagship marketplace Cars.com and headquartered in Chicago, the Company empowers shoppers with the data, resources and digital tools needed to make informed buying decisions and seamlessly connect with automotive retailers. In a rapidly changing market, CARS enables dealerships and OEMs with innovative technical solutions and data-driven intelligence to better reach and influence ready-to-buy shoppers, increase inventory turn and gain market share.
In addition to Cars.com™, CARS brands include Dealer Inspire®, a technology provider building solutions that future-proof dealerships with more efficient operations and connected digital experiences; FUEL™, which gives dealers and OEMs the opportunity to harness the untapped power of digital video by leveraging Cars.com's pure audience of in-market car shoppers, DealerRater®, a leading car dealer review and reputation management platform, CreditIQ®, digital financing technology and Accu-Trade®, vehicle valuation and appraisal technology.
More on Michimich.com
- Doug Brownridge Joins STS Capital Partners
- CSC Motorcycles Announces New Twin Cylinder 650cc Sport Touring Model
- Cargill joins Selerant on stage at American Food Innovate 2023
- The In-N-Out Burger Financial Planning Story
- Cash Depot Appoints Tony Gaines as Chief Revenue Officer and Brand Ambassador
The full suite of CARS properties includes Cars.com™, Dealer Inspire®, FUEL™, DealerRater®, CreditIQ®, Accu-Trade.com®. For more information, visit www.Cars.com
SOURCE Cars.com Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- GP GLOBAL GROUP Secures $18M Sale of Shoppes at 41st Street Retail Plaza in Doral, Florida, with $11.5M CMBS Loan Assumption
- HLN's Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE) is continually updated to support new COVID-19 recommendations
- Subsneeded Signs Up 'First' Free Agent CM Soccer Player in Dearborn Michigan
- Schedule Your Track Day Prep for Your Porsche at ArborMotion
- Rewilding Ireland with Lord Dunsany and IrishTrees
- The Tokyo Rebels Announces the Release of Their Groundbreaking Whitepaper
- Armadillos with Benefits™ - PicPocket-Labs, Inc. details its plans/roadmap at SxSW for combining "location-based NFTs" and loyalty programs
- Microsoft-Backed HRtech Startup ZingHR Invests In SaaS Startup LokiBots
- World Sleep Day, why do we celebrate?
- HGR Alcohol Detox Centers in San Diego Accepts Most Health Insurances
- ShopCHARLI.com Launches Online Store With a Hot New Spring Collection that Doesn't Miss
- Congressman Mark Alford endorsed by Veterans for Trump on his 2024 re-election
- February 2023 Financial Market Review
- Bicycle Sunshade Expands Product Line with Two New Colors
- The Past Reflects A Future - Daniel Imperato 2024 Is Back Again. Which Party?
- City of Sterling Heights Cut Ribbon on New Bocce Barn
- Fridge Art Fair New York City May 2023
- Empowering SMEs: Innervation's Supply Chain Finance Solutions for Diverse Business Growth
- AdvisorVault Partners With Compliant Workspace to Help FINRA Firms Achieve 17a-4 Compliance on Microsoft 365
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Atlanta Area Residents!