Laura, Aidan and Patrick Gordon, owners of Discovery Map of El Paso, received the 2018 Outstanding Inaugural Edition award. The Gordons (mother Laura and daughter and son Aidan and Patrick) nearly sold out the available map spaces in the first year of the map, 2018. They exceeded the required first year sales by 325 percent.
Lane and Evelyn Curlee, owners of Discovery Map of Southern Middle Tennessee, received the 2019 Outstanding Inaugural Edition. The husband and wife team nearly sold out the available map spaces in their map's first year (2019), exceeding required first year sales by 480 percent.
Jeff Stevens, owner of Discovery Map of Albuquerque and Discovery Map of Santa Fe, New Mexico, received the 2019 Community Collaborator Award. Stevens forged a relationship with Visit ABQ and continues to "think outside the box" regarding collaborative initiatives.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: M-24/Turrill Road signal in Lapeer to begin flash mode by Dec. 12
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Domino's® GPS Delivery Tracking Technology Expanding into Stores Across the U.S.
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
"The Gordons, the Curlees and Jeff are very deserving winners of our first ever franchise owner awards for their respective accomplishments," said Peter Hans, president of Discovery Map. "What's really impressive about this group is that they have shown what is possible to accomplish as new franchise owners and as a seasoned veteran and how to grow your business by working with resources in their respective communities."
For being named winners of the Discovery Map Franchise Owner awards, Gordons, the Curlees and Stevens received a commemorative plaque and a $500 credit toward the publishing of the next edition of their respective maps.
Discovery Map has more than 130 maps across the U.S. and Canada. It is the charge of franchise owner to sell advertising space on the map and the online version of the map, available at discoverymap.com. The typical franchise owner will publish a printed map once or twice per year, depending on the initial print run and the popularity of the map.
Discovery Map franchise owners come from many walks of life. Some are corporate refugees or semi-retired individuals looking to build a business and fund their full retirement. Others include recent college grads, as well as mothers (and fathers) looking to build a business with hours around the kids' school schedules.
More on Michimich.com
- Kirk Stange And Stange Law Firm, PC Proud To Support Kids Rock Cancer On Their 10th Year Anniversary
- SciTech to Present at Biotech Showcase 2020 in San Francisco
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- Michigan: Testing affirms below-background radiation levels at site of Detroit River materials collapse
- BetterInvesting Magazine Releases February Stock To Study And Undervalued Stock Choices For Investors' Informational And Educational Use
Forbes Magazine recently named Discovery Map® one of the top 10 franchises to buy with an initial investment under $150,000. In 2018, it won the Top 50 Franchisee Satisfaction Award based on a survey conducted by FranchiseBusinessReview.
For more information on the Discovery Map franchise opportunity, visit https://discoverymapfranchise.com/.
About Discovery Map:
Discovery Map International is the country's leading provider of curated guides to top tourist destinations, cities and towns throughout North America. The distinctively colorful, hand-drawn maps are a favorite of travelers for navigating local dining, attractions, businesses, cultural experiences, ski destinations – and even the best locations to take selfies. Discovery Maps can be found in local hotels, restaurants, shops, visitor information centers and other participating venues, and at discoverymap.com. Named by Forbes as "one of the best franchises to buy" in 2015, Discovery Maps International is headquartered in Waitsfield, VT, in the heart of the Green Mountains.
Steve Dubin, PR Works
Latest on Michimich.com
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Number of renewable energy installations up by 57% in Michigan in 2018
- Michigan: Strampel Permanently Surrenders License to Practice Medicine; Ordered to Pay $35,000 Fine
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- The Macomb Group Expands Into South Carolina
- Michigan: Looking for property? DNR public land auction starts Tuesday
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- Michigan: Public meeting in Newaygo Dec. 12 for changes on M-37
- Governor Whitmer Appoints Renee Knake to Michigan State University Board of Trustees
- Michigan: Secretary of State St. Ignace office will close Dec. 13 for move to new location
- Michigan: Extended deer season in metro Detroit lets archery hunters take aim through Jan. 31
- Michigan: U.P. Energy Task Force to meet Dec. 10 in Marquette
- Unlock Family Secrets in Novel: Finding Home
- Hardwood Hacker Redefines Sportsmanship
- Ansel Pineiro Earns Kentico Marketer Certification