Laura, Aidan and Patrick Gordon, owners of Discovery Map of El Paso, received the 2018 Outstanding Inaugural Edition award. The Gordons (mother Laura and daughter and son Aidan and Patrick) nearly sold out the available map spaces in the first year of the map, 2018. They exceeded the required first year sales by 325 percent.
Lane and Evelyn Curlee, owners of Discovery Map of Southern Middle Tennessee, received the 2019 Outstanding Inaugural Edition. The husband and wife team nearly sold out the available map spaces in their map's first year (2019), exceeding required first year sales by 480 percent.
Jeff Stevens, owner of Discovery Map of Albuquerque and Discovery Map of Santa Fe, New Mexico, received the 2019 Community Collaborator Award. Stevens forged a relationship with Visit ABQ and continues to "think outside the box" regarding collaborative initiatives.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Lane closures for Portage Lake Lift Bridge inspection set for June 10
- Michigan Issues Payments to Utilities for Low-income Customers to Help Them Keep Their Energy Services Connected During COVID-19
- Governor Whitmer Rescinds Safer at Home Order, Moves Michigan to Phase Four of the MI Safe Start Plan
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Calls for Unity Following President Trump's Call for Governors to 'Dominate' Protesters
- Pomegranate Pictures Attaches Hollywood Vet Sam Sako
"The Gordons, the Curlees and Jeff are very deserving winners of our first ever franchise owner awards for their respective accomplishments," said Peter Hans, president of Discovery Map. "What's really impressive about this group is that they have shown what is possible to accomplish as new franchise owners and as a seasoned veteran and how to grow your business by working with resources in their respective communities."
For being named winners of the Discovery Map Franchise Owner awards, Gordons, the Curlees and Stevens received a commemorative plaque and a $500 credit toward the publishing of the next edition of their respective maps.
Discovery Map has more than 130 maps across the U.S. and Canada. It is the charge of franchise owner to sell advertising space on the map and the online version of the map, available at discoverymap.com. The typical franchise owner will publish a printed map once or twice per year, depending on the initial print run and the popularity of the map.
Discovery Map franchise owners come from many walks of life. Some are corporate refugees or semi-retired individuals looking to build a business and fund their full retirement. Others include recent college grads, as well as mothers (and fathers) looking to build a business with hours around the kids' school schedules.
More on Michimich.com
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- Michigan: Big Beaver Road closure under I-75 postponed until Tuesday night in Oakland County for bridge deck pour
- Michigan Acts to Ensure Medicaid Behavioral Health Services Remain Accessible During COVID-19 Pandemic; MDHHS requires provider stability plans to be submitted
- Suspects Arraigned on Charges for Stealing $470,000 in Public Benefits by Defrauding VA, Michigan Treasury
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
Forbes Magazine recently named Discovery Map® one of the top 10 franchises to buy with an initial investment under $150,000. In 2018, it won the Top 50 Franchisee Satisfaction Award based on a survey conducted by FranchiseBusinessReview.
For more information on the Discovery Map franchise opportunity, visit https://discoverymapfranchise.com/.
About Discovery Map:
Discovery Map International is the country's leading provider of curated guides to top tourist destinations, cities and towns throughout North America. The distinctively colorful, hand-drawn maps are a favorite of travelers for navigating local dining, attractions, businesses, cultural experiences, ski destinations – and even the best locations to take selfies. Discovery Maps can be found in local hotels, restaurants, shops, visitor information centers and other participating venues, and at discoverymap.com. Named by Forbes as "one of the best franchises to buy" in 2015, Discovery Maps International is headquartered in Waitsfield, VT, in the heart of the Green Mountains.
Steve Dubin, PR Works
Latest on Michimich.com
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Proposed 2020-21 Sterling Heights Budget Funds Critical Needs with No Tax Increase
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- Michigan: AG Nessel Supports Legislative Effort to Re-engage Economy Safely
- Michigan: MDARD Director Statement Regarding $22.5 Million Rural Broadband Investment from USDA
- Michigan: Transport of generator components set for June on US-41, US-2, M-183 in U.P.
- Michigan Psychological Care Offering Telemedicine
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- FOURMIDABLE Again Recognized on 'Affordable 100' List
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Flagstar Changes 2020 Annual Shareholder Meeting to Virtual Attendance
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Michigan: 2020 Bay Region Flooding - Map with Photos
- Michigan Will Add Online Purchasing, Free "Quarantine Care Kits"; Additional supports provided for people who need to stay home
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Michigan: State leaders urge residents with water bill payment concerns to contact local water departments and state assistance programs
- Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services Offers Insurance Tips to Michigan Residents Following Mid-Michigan Flooding
- Michigan: Regulated utilities extend protections, assistance for vulnerable households to June 12