- Michigan: Voters can register and cast ballot in one trip ahead of Nov. 2 elections
- World premiere viola composition featured during Michigan Philharmonic's November performance
- GT Medical Technologies Wins Prestigious Innovator of the Year Award at the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation
EGLE Media Office, EGLE-Assist@Michigan.gov, 517-284-9278
The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) announced today $412,000 in Michigan Clean Energy Asset Roadmap Program grants to two recipients in Michigan.
Awarded by EGLE Energy Services, the grants are designed to provide financial assistance to groups engaged in asset mapping to identify opportunities for wind, solar, geothermal, and other clean energy technologies and accelerate their implementation and growth.
Two recipients received grants:
- Lawrence Technological University - Centrepolis Accelerator received $299,965.46 to develop a renewable energy asset roadmap and a geothermal asset roadmap.
- University of Michigan - Economic Growth Institute received $111,950.26 to develop a clean energy technology development roadmap.
These industry roadmaps will provide strategic guidance for economic development efforts to accelerate innovation and commercial activity, and will help set priorities, allocate resources, align stakeholders, and focus efforts statewide.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Video documents M-185 Mackinac Island repair project
- Michigan: US-12/M-50 intersection culvert replacements in Brooklyn begin Monday
- Michigan: AG Nessel Urges U.S. Supreme Court To Halt Unconstitutional Texas Abortion Ban Through Multistate Amicus Brief
- Michigan: US-127 lane closures at M-50 in Jackson County begin Tuesday for deck repairs
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
Michigan's current catalog of renewable and clean technology development resources in the state are outdated, and EGLE's Energy Services Unit is updating its maps to understand and grow the renewable energy and clean technology sectors in Michigan.
Growing Michigan's renewable and clean energy industries represents a multibillion-dollar economic opportunity with significant additional benefits, such as being environmentally clean, energy-efficient, and providing a cost-effective approach that is essential to meeting the state's greenhouse gas emission reductions obligation, as part of joining the United State Climate Alliance in 2019.
For more information, go to: Michigan.gov/climateandenergy/CEARP.
Sign up to receive updates about EGLE's climate, recycling, clean energy programs, and the Catalyst Communities Initiative at Michigan.gov/EGLEConnect.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Consumer Advocacy Continues During MPSC's Technical Conference
- 07:15 ET Alfa Romeo Introduces 'Near Life Experience' Global Advertising Campaign at the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix
- The History of the Entrepreneur and Business Owner Ismail Sirdah
- Governor Whitmer Celebrates Michigan Winning Economic Development Award
- Security Guard Services & Private Investigation Services & Security Systems Services - In Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, - LiGER Security
- Detroit Sewn Launches New Option for American Made Hoodies
- Michigan: LARA Hosts Child Care Provider Access Fairs to Help Open New Sites
- Michigan: $15.8 million grant will increase career pathways for individuals with disabilities
- Michigan: Timber Harvester Pleads Guilty to Felony
- Automation Intellect Closes a Major Funding Round
- CBC Releases Leica Geosystems BLK247 Smart 3D Surveillance System now available in two versions and integrated with CORTROL VMS
- State Police names St. Clair County resident as 2020 Michigan Professional Emergency Manager of the Year
- Michigan: Consumer Advisory: MDARD finds numerous credit card skimmer devices during blitz
- State of Michigan works with local partners to ensure Benton Harbor residents have safe water following main break
- Michigan: 10-digit dialing requirement for every local call starts Sunday for telephone users in 616, 810, 906 and 989 area codes
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Bipartisan Coalition in Supporting Local Journalism
- Michigan: DNR confirms recent cougar photo from Dickinson County
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense