- Noble World Foundation Proposes UN Security Council Reform to Foster Global Peace
- CIMdata Announces Support for the PLM Green Global Alliance
- HBCUs Among Groups Heading to The Bahamas for Track & Field Competition in March 2024
Jim Farley, Ford president and CEO, said: "This is great news for our customers who will have unprecedented access to the largest network of fast-chargers in the U.S. and Canada with 12,000+ Tesla Superchargers plus 10,000+ fast-chargers already in the BlueOval Charge Network. Widespread access to fast-charging is absolutely vital to our growth as an EV brand, and this breakthrough agreement comes as we are ramping up production of our popular Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning, and preparing to launch a series of next-generation EVs starting in 2025."
Rebecca Tinucci, Tesla's senior director of charging infrastructure added: "We've spent the last 10 years building an industry-leading Charging Network that enables freedom to travel and provides charging confidence for our Tesla owners. We're excited to deliver on our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy by welcoming Ford owners, and other electric vehicles who adopt NACS, to our thousands of Superchargers across North America."
More on Michimich.com
- Pear Sperling Eggan & Daniels Bankruptcy Attorney Discusses the Michigan Marketable Record Title Act
- LaChance Brothers Excavating Discusses Septic Tank Lid Safety
- Keith Barksdale Chairman of Power Analytics Global Corp Named to NSBA Leadership Council
- Blue Chip Partners Named a Top Registered Investment Advisory Firm in Michigan by Forbes
- Large-Scale Landscape Restoration: Spades and the African Union Development Agency–NEPAD announce partnerships
A Tesla-developed adapter will provide Ford F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-E and E-Transit vehicles fitted with the Combined Charging System (CCS) port access to Tesla's V3 Superchargers. Ford will equip future EVs with the NACS charge port, removing the need for an adapter for direct access to Tesla Superchargers starting in 2025. Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer at Ford Model e said: "Tesla has led the industry in creating a large, reliable and efficient charging system and we are pleased to be able to join forces in a way that benefits customers and overall EV adoption. The Tesla Supercharger network has excellent reliability and the NACS plug is smaller and lighter; overall this provides a superior experience for customers."
The BlueOval Charge Network is already North America's largest public charging network with over 84,000 chargers including access to over 10,000 public DC fast chargers. Adding more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers creates the single largest integrated fast charge network across the U.S. and Canada designed to significantly reduce charge anxiety for Ford customers with automatic routing to nearest charger and seamless billing via FordPass. Additionally Ford dealers are adding roughly 1,800 public facing fast chargers and locations by early 2024 which further enhances customer experience when it comes charging their EVs on long trips or daily commutes.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- Detroit 2030 District Launches Innovative Program to Advance Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure in Detroit
- The Bridge Chiropractic Shares Why Your Child Should Get Chiropractic Adjustments
- Wilderness Construction Shares the Benefits of New Windows
- CMR Mechanical Shares What to Do When Your Heat Goes Out
- Roofman USA Shares How a Healthy Roof Helps You Save!
- Operation Bullpen Stan Fitzgerald hits back on political persecution with "The Fall of Deceit" now available for purchase
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan
- DETROIT HOLSTER Launches New Custom Triple Magazine Carrier
- Incandescent Entertainment Announces New Film, "Portal in the Pines," starring Jamie Kennedy to Begin Filming This Month in Lousiana
- Tella Firma Foundations Partners with Green Clean Solar to Increase Steel Recycling in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Feature film about President Trump's response to the pandemic and the 2020 election – streaming now
- The Society of Voice Arts and Sciences has joined with Audible for the Muhammad Ali Voice of Humanity Honor to be presented to Viola Davis
- Detroit Lions, Comerica Bank Collaboration Returns to "Double the Impact" for My Cause My Cleats Campaign
- Michigan Computer Supplies Helps Fix Pesky Printer Problems
- HIBLOW USA DUO/DUAL Port Air Pump Timer Settings
- Alpha Design + Build Transforms Ann Arbor Kitchens and Baths
- ASI Acquires Clowder®, the Leading Association and Membership Mobile App Platform
- Greg Lindberg Explores in Latest Book the Science of Quantum Biology and Its Impact on Human Life
- Muller Law Firm Explains the Importance of Documentation in Credit and Collection