GM Books works closely with both first-time as well as experienced authors and provides the support in turning manuscripts into books, avoiding the rejection letters and delays from major publishers. By working with GM Books, the author becomes a participant in the publishing process in which small quantity press runs are treated with the same attention as large quantities. The author is given three choices of compensation, Collaborative giving the author a 50% royalty; Hybrid at 30% and traditional publishing with a 10% royalty.
Anita and William Dorich formed GMbooks.com when their independent publishing company was a cottage industry. In the early 1990's, GM was the first publisher of eBooks on CD Disks in California with 9 digital camera eBooks by author Peter iNova. Two of them were best-sellers. In 2008, GM was first to publish a "press & play" children's book, This Bible Talks by Pamela Fisher. GMBooks introduced "open-flat" perfect bound books to the California market with The Road Atlas by Richard Saul Wurman. GM then went on to produced 48 city guide titles with Richard Wurman under his Access Press trademark.
More on Michimich.com
- Upcycle Pop returns with its Sustainable Holiday Event. Art Exhibits, Performances and a Fashion Show
- Royal Portrush, Omni Barton Creek, Golf Rivals, Adidas, and Great Waters announced as winners of Golf Aficionado Magazine Best of 2019 Awards
- Let the best local modular kitchen manufacturer in Kolkata make a kitchen for you
- BiKi.com Receives Investment for Platform Upgrade to Prepare for Global Industry Growth
- WebSatchel makes mobile breakthrough
GM's innovative approach to first-time authors and the concept of Collaborative and Hybrid Publishing has a proud history of over 900 titles including: Witness to War: Images of the Persian Gulf War which won a Pulitzer prize for The Los Angeles Times. Media Cleansing: Dirty Reporting on the Bosnian Civil War by award winning journalist Peter Brock, Nuclear Lies, Deceptions and Hypocrisies by Nuclear Scientist, Mehdi Sarram, published in 2015, three weeks before President Obama signed the Nuclear Agreement with Iran.
Noteworthy titles include: The 1984 Los Angeles Summer Games for ARCO, The Calgary Winter Games for ABC Sports; The Barcelona Summer Games for Simon & Schuster, Understanding Money and Markets for the Wall Street Journal, and Investing in the 90's for Fortune Magazine—all Best-Sellers.
Filed Under: Books
Latest on Michimich.com
- MC Companies Announced As 2020 Top Company To Work Multifamily
- Michigan: EGLE's Know It Before You Throw It named Recycling Campaign of the Year by Waste Dive
- Michigan's Parent Dashboard Hits An Impressive Milestone
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Is Your Office Cleaning Needs Specialist
- Michigan: M-24/Turrill Road signal in Lapeer to begin flash mode by Dec. 12
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Domino's® GPS Delivery Tracking Technology Expanding into Stores Across the U.S.
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
- Kirk Stange And Stange Law Firm, PC Proud To Support Kids Rock Cancer On Their 10th Year Anniversary
- SciTech to Present at Biotech Showcase 2020 in San Francisco
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- Michigan: Testing affirms below-background radiation levels at site of Detroit River materials collapse
- BetterInvesting Magazine Releases February Stock To Study And Undervalued Stock Choices For Investors' Informational And Educational Use
- Michigan: MPSC accepts parts of Upper Peninsula Power Co.'s integrated resource plan, recommends changes
- Michigan: MPSC approves $19.9M rate increase for SEMCO Energy Gas Co.
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Lowers Flags in Observance of Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- Michigan: MI AG Nessel Charges Former Credit Union Teller with Embezzlement from Elderly Customer
- More than 11,000 blind, visually impaired Michiganders receive services over 50-year span
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Files Brief in Supreme Court Regarding State Funding of Nonpublic Schools