- MDHHS identifies first Michigan case of new COVID-19 variant, B.1.1.7. in Washtenaw County
- Michigan: Deer Private Land Assistance Network grant application period open
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Office Files Response with SCOTUS in Last-Standing Lawsuit That Seeks to Overturn Election Results
With a "Happy Thanksgiving" and a $50 coupon towards their next order, the customers were on their way.
"You have no idea how much this means to us," said Sarah Swinney, a customer at the Meijer store in McHenry, Ill. "We just had a baby and this help is going to make a big difference for our Thanksgiving holiday. I wish I could hug you."
The Meijer Pickup surprise event is the Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer's way of showing its Pickup customers how much they are appreciated, especially during a Pandemic when the company has seen an unprecedented increase in the use of the program. Some of the surprises featured holiday music, bouquets of flowers and Meijer team members dressed in holiday attire. The highlights can be seen on a video being shared on various social channels.
"This year has been challenging for everyone, so we wanted to show our appreciation to some of those customers who have trusted us to do their essential shopping," said Derek Steele, Vice President of Customer Strategy for Meijer. "Surprising them as they picked up groceries in preparation of their Thanksgiving meals seemed like an ideal time to do something special."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming virtual meetings
- More than 1 Million Michiganders Obtained 2021 Health Coverage from the Health Insurance Marketplace and the Healthy Michigan Plan
- Love & Sip Valentine Brunch with Celebrity The Comedian, Tomea, Grammy Saxophonist Jason Davis, Gospel Contemporary Duo, Only God Ministries
- Rustic Deco Launches B2B Wholesale Furniture Website
- PointsBet Online and Mobile Sports Betting To Go Live in Michigan
In all, 234 stores selected one lucky customer to receive their entire order, plus a $50 coupon towards the next time they schedule a pickup from the Meijer.com site. Once the groceries were placed in their car, each Store Director surprised the Meijer team member who shopped the Pickup order with a $100 gift card.
"Our team members step up every day with a 'customer first' attitude and are truly heroes, not just in our eyes, but in the eyes of their communities," Steele said.
In October, Meijer announced that it's now offering its Meijer Pickup service free on orders over $50 at no charge. The new program, which does not require membership, offers the same as in-store pricing and includes access to weekly sales items. Customers order online here where they can keep track of their total basket, use mPerks rewards and coupons, note any preferences and choose an available time for pickup. Then the customer texts when they arrive at the store and park in an assigned area.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer, MDHHS announce food assistance recipients will see additional benefits by end of January; Fifteen percent increase in payments will help families cope with pandemic
- Michigan Regulatory Agency Announces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Workgroup
- Michigan: Federal Judge Grants Preliminary Approval to $641.25M Flint Water Settlement
- Ending Homelessness in Michigan' report illustrates the state of homelessness in Michigan
- Successful Marquette Financial Advisor releases landmark book about faith and financial wisdom
Due to reduced hours during the pandemic, the Meijer Pickup service is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
About Meijer: Meijer is a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer that operates 256 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin. A privately-owned and family-operated company since 1934, Meijer pioneered the "one-stop shopping" concept and has evolved through the years to include expanded fresh produce and meat departments, as well as pharmacies, comprehensive apparel departments, pet departments, garden centers, toys and electronics. For additional information on Meijer, please visit www.meijer.com. Follow Meijer on Twitter @twitter.com/Meijer and @twitter.com/MeijerPR or become a fan at www.facebook.com/meijer.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Canton Township Man Pleads Guilty to Misdemeanor Election Law Violation
- Michigan: 2021 Black Lake sturgeon season begins Feb. 6
- City Streaming TV, a Streaming Television Inc Network Launches, bringing Community and Faith Leaders into local TV's, At No Cost
- BoatDealers.ca Surges with Record Traffic in 2020
- Michigan Civil Rights Commission Issues Statement on Day of Racial Healing
- Saga Communications, Inc. Announces Date and Time of 4th Quarter and Year End 2020 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Sterling Heights: SHPD receives grant to implement innovative Trap, Neuter and Return program
- ArborMotion Recommends 3 New Year's Resolutions for Your Car
- 'Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts' Announces Rebranding to 'Aesthetic Mentor'
- OCC Adopts Final Rule Requiring Large Banks to Provide Fair Access to Banking Services
- The Antenna Company Announces Venture Debt Financing Agreement with Brabant Development Agency (BOM)
- Payload, a New Headless Content Management System, Launches to the Public
- Sterling Heights City Council confirms appointment of Kevin Edmond for new fire chief
- Code18 Interactive Launches New Websites for Balmex and Balmex Adult
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Proclaims January 19 as Day of Racial Healing
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency Issues Final Recommendations of the Racial Equity Advisory Workgroup
- Michigan: Liquor License and Permits Suspended for Businesses in Mt. Pleasant, Plymouth and Bitely for Violations of MDHHS Emergency Order - Bringing Total to 37 Since September
- MDHHS launches paid media campaign to inform Michiganders about safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine
- Michigan: 21 shipments of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine impacted due to temperature issues during shipment by distributor
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation's National Day of Racial Healing Takes Digital Stage for Fifth Anniversary