Here are other steps Meijer has taken to ensure its stores are as safe as possible:
- Suspended the use of reusable bags by customers in its stores unless they're being used for the retailer's Shop & Scan program. Discontinued accepting beverage containers for return at its Michigan stores. Temporarily removed Sandy the Pony from the front end of its stores. Marked X's on the floor 6 feet apart in areas where customers may congregate, such as lines for check lanes, pharmacy and service desk counters. The retailer is also verbally reminding customers to stand on the X's when waiting in any lines, and suggesting customers use the length of their shopping carts to gauge appropriate distance from others where there aren't marked X's on the floor.
More on Michimich.com
- Franworth Announces Launch of Nonprofit Company Franchise For Good
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- Dura-Pack Launches Flexible Packaging Webinar Program
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
"Meijer is a company that is guided by our fundamental values to do what is right for our team members and customers," Keyes said. "Our No. 1 priority is to provide a safe environment for everyone who walks through our doors while meeting the needs of the communities we serve."
About Meijer: Meijer is a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer that operates 248 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin. A privately-owned and family-operated company since 1934, Meijer pioneered the "one-stop shopping" concept and has evolved through the years to include expanded fresh produce and meat departments, as well as pharmacies, comprehensive apparel departments, pet departments, garden centers, toys and electronics. For additional information on Meijer, please visit www.meijer.com. Follow Meijer on Twitter @twitter.com/Meijer and @twitter.com/MeijerPR or become a fan at www.facebook.com/meijer.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Weekly Absentee Request Numbers
- Stoneridge Honored by IR Magazine for Best Overall Investor Relations by a Small-Cap Company
- Xitron Navigator DFE Receives Coveted InterTech™ Technology Award
- Michigan: Detroit Reentry Center to close in January
- Michigan: M-33/M-211 resurfacing in Presque Isle County starts Sept. 28
- Michigan: Deer check and CWD/TB testing changes for 2020 hunting season
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- Michigan: New Neighborhood Testing Site Begins Offering COVID-19 Testing in Benton Harbor
- Michigan: EGLE, US Ecology - Detroit South enter consent agreement to address facility odor violations
- Michigan: Dry Bean Stocks Report
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins $678M Settlement to Resolve Kickback Allegations Against Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Michigan: Overnight closures of 14 Mile and Big Beaver roads under I-75 for bridge work tonight
- MDE Announces Virtual Job Fairs For Michigan Schools and Educators
- Michigan: US-31 improvements start Monday near Grand Haven
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- New Spanish-Language Media Outlet El Planteo, Backed By Benzinga, Focuses On Cannabis, Plant Medicine, Finance, Culture
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- PEL Labs Passes Re-Accreditation Process Through NVLAP
- Michigan: MDOT is hiring! Learn more at Oct. 6 virtual career fair
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software