Village of Lake Orion
Village of Oxford
M-24 (Lapeer Road)
PROJECT COMPLETION DATE:
Early December 2020
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is investing $33 million to rebuild and resurface M-24 (Lapeer Road) in Oakland County between Goldengate Street in Orion Township and Harriet Street in Oxford Township, with the villages of Oxford and Lake Orion also being affected.
Remaining work includes underground sewer work in Oxford and roadway paving. This type of work always requires flexibility in the schedule as it is greatly affected by the amount of underground utilities and weather. Barring such delays, work is expected to be complete in early December.
More on Michimich.com
- Emily Doerr named Director of Michigan State Land Bank Authority
- Beauty at the Beast – The Headless Horseman Rides Again
- MarketKeep Partners with Heather Hilliard Design
- Michigan: Nessel Issues Consumer Alert on Benefits, Drawbacks of Smartphone Tracking Features
- Michigan: EVENT - MDHHS to host COVID-19 virtual roundtable with national, state and local experts
Stay informed about this project at www.RestoreM24.info; e-mail updates can be requested at the website.
Currently, one southbound lane of M-24 is open from Harriet Street to Drahner Road in the Oxford area with northbound traffic closed and detoured to eastbound Drahner Road, then northbound Oxford Lake Drive to westbound/northbound Glaspie Street, then to Ray Road.
In the Orion area, M-24 has one lane open in each direction, along with a center turn lane, between Drahner Road and Goldengate Street.
Extending the center left-turn lanes, improving the pavement surface, adjusting lane widths, and consolidating driveways will increase motorist safety by reducing the number of crashes in this area.
Latest on Michimich.com
- All of the "Favorite Brands" - Scrubs 2020
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Criterion HCM on Top Workplaces Title
- TomCat Films ignites the fireplace video category with 'My Fireplace Girl' series of DVDs and Streaming Videos
- Metropolitan Opera Singer Releases Pop Music Videos From Quarantine
- Michigan: Bureau of Services for Blind Persons presents Honor Roll Achievement Awards
- Michigan: MDE Awards Over $37 Million to Districts For Technology Gaps and Mental Health Needs in the Pandemic
- "W1SH RIBBON" Emblazons TOKYO SKYTREE'S Tembo Deck! TOKYO SKYTREE is Opening the Door to the Future So That W1SHES Can Come True!
- Pierre Gervois Awarded Prestigious George Stoney Social Impact Award for his TV show The Face of America
- Michigan: EGLE testing data shows drop in Huron River PFAS contamination after treatment installed upstream
- Michigan: Video: In wake of road worker deaths, Gov. Whitmer reminds travelers to drive like this is your workplace
- Michigan: 'Railroad Dock' boating access site to close temporarily in Menominee County
- Michigan: Maintenance project on M-55/I-75 BL near West Branch starts next week
- Michigan Indian Legal Services Halloween Party
- Flagstar Bancorp, Inc. Announces Proposed Offering of Subordinated Notes
- New Semiconductor Chip from NS Nanotech Emits Far-UVC Disinfectant Ultraviolet Light to Neutralize Coronavirus
- Launching New No Touch Tool Made from EPA Registered Alloy
- Michigan: MDHHS announces $50,000 grant for direct care worker infection control training
- Michigan: AG Lawsuit Stops Trump Administration's Cuts to SNAP Food Assistance for 700,000 Unemployed Americans
- Michigan Civil Rights Commission Recognizes Contributions of Michigan's LGBTQ Community, Reaffirms Commitment to Protection for LGBTQ Civil Rights under ELCRA
- Redemption on Yosemite's Mist Trail: The New Literary Masterpiece RANGE OF LIGHT by Scott Neuffer