November 7, 2019 -- All lanes on the I-75 Business Spur (BS) and the new roundabout in Sault Ste. Marie are now open.
Crews have completed asphalt paving on the Michigan Department of Transportation's (MDOT) ongoing reconstruction and roundabout project. Some intermittent lane and shoulder closures over the next few days may be required to finish minor work items. Work on the project is scheduled to be suspended for the season on Nov. 15.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Lane closures for Portage Lake Lift Bridge inspection set for June 10
- Michigan Issues Payments to Utilities for Low-income Customers to Help Them Keep Their Energy Services Connected During COVID-19
- Governor Whitmer Rescinds Safer at Home Order, Moves Michigan to Phase Four of the MI Safe Start Plan
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Calls for Unity Following President Trump's Call for Governors to 'Dominate' Protesters
- Pomegranate Pictures Attaches Hollywood Vet Sam Sako
Major construction is now complete, but some work, including tree planting, landscaping, turf establishment, and other punch list items will be completed next construction season.
MDOT and the City of Sault Ste. Marie are investing $11.2 million to reconstruct 2.2 miles of roadway and construct a roundabout combining the intersections of Three Mile Road/Mackinac Trail and I-75 BS/Mackinac Trail in Sault Ste. Marie. The project began in May 2018 and is expected to be completed in spring 2020. This project is expected to improve safety and traffic flow in this area.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- Michigan: Rumble strip installation on I-75 starts tomorrow in northern Oakland County
- New Manufacturers' Resource: Dynamic Improvement Group Works to Boost Factory Efficiencies
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal
- ASCEND 2020 Atlanta Alumni pivot, to create Joint Venture RTW (Return to Work) Solutions Group to provide COVID-19 Business Services
- Little Caesars Popular Crazy Bread® Gets Gooey, Melty, Cheesy Spin-Off
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- Michigan: Northbound M-39 service drive and ramps closing at US-12 for three weeks for bridge work
- Michigan: Northbound M-24 closing at Drahner Road as work begins in downtown Oxford in northern Oakland County
- Michigan: Secretary Benson: Don't miss June 1 deadline to apply for the Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission
- Michigan: Big Beaver Road to close under I-75 Monday night in Oakland County for new bridge deck concrete pour
- MI Symptoms Web Application Helps Michiganders Track Symptoms; Informs Reopening Strategy
- Michigan regional jobless rates surge in April with COVID-19 pandemic
- Michigan: Lawmakers Sponsor Upcoming Auto Insurance Town Halls
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Proposed 2020-21 Sterling Heights Budget Funds Critical Needs with No Tax Increase
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- Michigan: AG Nessel Supports Legislative Effort to Re-engage Economy Safely
- Michigan: MDARD Director Statement Regarding $22.5 Million Rural Broadband Investment from USDA