November 7, 2019 -- All lanes on the I-75 Business Spur (BS) and the new roundabout in Sault Ste. Marie are now open.
Crews have completed asphalt paving on the Michigan Department of Transportation's (MDOT) ongoing reconstruction and roundabout project. Some intermittent lane and shoulder closures over the next few days may be required to finish minor work items. Work on the project is scheduled to be suspended for the season on Nov. 15.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Department of State to mail 250,000 applications to serve on Redistricting Commission
- Governor Whitmer Applauds USDA Disaster Designation for Michigan Counties
- As utility scam complaints rise in Michigan, MPSC urges customers to be on alert
- AG Nessel: Sec. DeVos's Automatic Debt Forgiveness for Arts Institute of Michigan Students is the Right Call
- Michigan: DNR seeks tips about bull elk poached in Pigeon River Country
Major construction is now complete, but some work, including tree planting, landscaping, turf establishment, and other punch list items will be completed next construction season.
MDOT and the City of Sault Ste. Marie are investing $11.2 million to reconstruct 2.2 miles of roadway and construct a roundabout combining the intersections of Three Mile Road/Mackinac Trail and I-75 BS/Mackinac Trail in Sault Ste. Marie. The project began in May 2018 and is expected to be completed in spring 2020. This project is expected to improve safety and traffic flow in this area.
Latest on Michimich.com
- DeRonja Real Estate Hires Bradley Congleton
- HoloBuilder Announces Partnership with Boston Dynamics
- CourMed Partners with Expert Logistics Firm To Scale The Delivery of Healthcare Items Nationwide
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Johnnie Burton, Jr., #204193
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Lee Dobine, #206854
- Lineage Logistics Announces Acquisition of Emergent Cold, Expands U.S. Port Network and Strategic Presence in Asia-Pacific Market
- Scott Cooper Miami Announces Scholarship Winners
- Michigan: Saginaw public meeting on tap for Dow-related resource restoration plan
- Michigan: Licenses Associated with Cantrell Funeral Home Revoked
- Michigan: Natural gas rates to remain low even amid high demand; heating oil, propane also starting the season at lower prices
- The Chatman Women's Foundation Gives Financial Support to Local Women
- Fujisan Mishima Tokyu Hotel to Open by Mt. Fuji in June 2020 ... Reservations Being Accepted from December 3, 2019!
- Michigan Civil Rights Commission to Finalize Executive Director Search Process, Establish 2020 Initiatives
- MDHHS announces new efforts to find children forever homes more quickly as Michigan celebrates Adoption Month
- Michigan AG Nessel and Public Service Commission Urge Residents to Know the Signs of Fraud During Utility Scam Awareness Week
- Governor Whitmer Announces Trip to Strengthen Michigan Business Ties with Israel
- Newest Digital Media Solutions Office Named Top Workplace In San Diego
- AF Group Employees Raise $294,000 for Charities
- Michigan: MDE to Request Federal Waivers for Summer Food Service Program
- Serpmart Digital Marketing, Wholesale Web Design and Digital Marketing Services For Businesses That Want Growth