- Governor Whitmer Encourages Michiganders to Obtain Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests, Saving Families Hundreds Per Month
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Statement on Nomination of Lisa Cook
- Michigan: Menominee Township Man Sentenced in U.P. Assault with Intent to do Great Bodily Harm Case
Media contact: Lynsey Mukomel 517-599-2746
Public inquiries: 517-335-7622
January 13, 2022
LANSING - A caregiver at a Clinton County adult foster home faces more than a decade in prison for vulnerable adult abuse, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced today.
A joint investigation between the Department of Attorney General's Health Care Fraud Division and the Clinton County Sheriff's Office began in May after a developmentally disabled resident at a Clinton County adult foster care home was discovered with major injuries. The victim survived after being transported to an area hospital and admitted to the intensive care unit. The injuries included a subdural hematoma, fractured sternum, and numerous bruises and marks.
The investigation determined that the injuries were received when Andrew House-Carter, 27, of Lansing, was the lone caregiver at the home - known as the Airport Home - for the night shift spanning May 15 and 16.
More on Michimich.com
- President and CEO of Huizenga Group, Steve Klotz, gifts $1 million to Eastern Michigan University College of Business
- OGLife Multiverse Embraces a Staple of Internet Culture in its Partnership with YouMeme as the Metaverse of Memes
- AttaBox's Heartland® Polycarbonate Enclosures Now Feature Reliable Foam-In-Place Gaskets
- How Keona The Founder Of The Feminine School Is Branding Female Personalities With Etiquettes Coaching Across the Globe for Over A Decade
- Cpics - A New Streaming Platform Dedicated to South Asian Content Announce Upcoming 2022 Activities
House-Carter is charged with first-degree vulnerable adult abuse, a felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
He was arraigned in the 65A District Court in Clinton County Wednesday afternoon and given a $100,000 cash/surety bond.
"The overwhelming majority of those who care for our most vulnerable Michiganders do a wonderful job, despite many challenges," Nessel said. "But when caregivers harm those entrusted to their care-they will be held accountable. I want to thank the Clinton County Sheriff's Office for their partnership and professionalism with this case."
A pre-exam conference is scheduled for Jan. 20 at 1 p.m. and a preliminary exam is scheduled for Jan. 27 at 2 p.m.
The Department of Attorney General's Health Care Fraud Division receives 75% of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under a grant award totaling $4,846,440 for federal fiscal year 2022. The remaining 25%, totaling $1,615,478, is funded by the State of Michigan.
Please note: A criminal charge is merely an allegation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. The Department does not provide booking photos.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Star-Studded Fundraising Event To Celebrate Harry Belafonte's 95th Birthday & 10th Anniversary of Sankofa.org
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Heartland Closes out a Historic Year with its 24th Acquisition
- TrueDialog Awarded "Most Promising Salesforce Solution Provider 2021" by CIOReview
- Legal Consultation App Lawmato Hires First General Counsel and Director of Operations
- Diversified Roofing Solutions Brings to Town Quick and Efficient Roof Installation and Repair Services
- New electric vehicles launching at Work Truck Week 2022
- New AxiaGram Mobile Communication App by HiMS Provides Health Care Professionals Ability to Transform Where, When and How Patient Care is Delivered
- Free Webinar on Minimum Model-Based Design for Type Design Certification
- SpartanNash Welcomes Bennett Morgan as SVP, Chief Merchandising Officer
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation celebrates sixth annual National Day of Racial Healing
- PhaseZero Offers CxAnalytics and Data-as-a-Service Solution with Roadmap to Deliver Enterprise AI Applications for Manufacturing Companies
- SecurCapital Corp announces major Q1 portfolio expansion
- O2 Investment Partners Announces Promotions
- Window acquires Fintech Drift to provide differentiated insights into the future of finance and ESG
- Quavo, Inc. Announces Completion of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- Top InsurTech Startup Pendella Expands Into PEO Market With Employ Source
- Turkey VPS with KVM Hypervisor Windows or Linux Cloud Hosting Solution by Onlive Server
- HIBLOW USA Helps Homeowners Troubleshoot Their Septic Air Pump with Alarm
- Michigan-based Aluminum Dock Manufacturer Provides Off-Season Maintenance Tips