September 10, 2019
Gov. Whitmer Orders Flags Lowered in Remembrance of 9/11
LANSING, Mich. – Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has ordered U.S. and Michigan flags within the State Capitol Complex and on all state buildings to be lowered to half-staff on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 to remember those who lost their lives during the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001.
"We will never forget the thousands of Americans who lost their lives, including the first responders who put their lives on the line to save thousands more," Whitmer said. "Despite the tremendous adversity that our country faced during those attacks, we came together as a nation to prove that love is stronger than hate."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Share your thoughts with the DNR at March meetings
- Annual spring weight restrictions start Monday to protect Michigan's roads
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- Platinum Educational Group Announce New CIO
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
The State of Michigan honors Patriot Day by lowering flags to half-staff. Michigan residents, businesses, schools, local governments and other organizations also are encouraged to display the flag at half-staff.
To lower flags to half-staff, flags should be hoisted first to the peak for an instant and then lowered to the half-staff position. The process is reversed before the flag is lowered for the day.
Flags should be returned to full-staff on Thursday, September 12, 2019.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Weber's in Ann Arbor Helps Displaced Weddings
- Michigan: Task force updates efforts to protect Buffalo Reef fish habitat
- Google Will Index Sites Linked With No-Follow
- Bavarian Inn Hosts German Wine Dinner on March 6
- ChainUP's Independent Financial Derivatives Brand EXUP Launches ETF System Solution
- Michigan: Benefits of having a family physician recognized during Family Medicine Week
- Lab Properties' New Sale-Leaseback Program Provides Cannabis Operators with Working Capital
- Official Music Video for the Single, Send For Me by Lil David Ruffin
- Inna Organic Receives Global Recognition as Premium Clean Beauty Brand
- Michigan: MDARD Announces Value-Added Grant Opportunity
- Michigan: State Superintendent Dr. Michael Rice Comments on Teacher Shortage Report
- Detroit Regional Convention Facility Authority Reports $108.6 Million in Savings for State Taxpayers; World-Class TCF Center Signals Positive Financial Progress
- Michigan: MPSC recommends changes to DTE Electric Co.'s integrated resource plan
- Michigan: Animal Shelters, Homeless Pets Get Boost from MDARD Grants
- Michigan: Remainder of East Grand Boulevard overpass demolition requires only weekend lane closures on I-94 in Detroit
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- Michigan Infrastructure Council Debuts Asset Management Tool to Infrastructure Owners
- State welcomes six new Pure Michigan Trails and Trail Towns
- Michigan: Nessel Charges Timber Harvester with Eight Counts of Embezzlement
- BiKi.com Launches BiKi Community Global Manager Recruitment Program