November 19, 2019
Governor Whitmer signs Memorandum of Understanding focused on technology, meets with business leaders, government officials on second full day of mission to Israel
LANSING, Mich. -- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer today signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Israel-based nonprofit Start Up-Nation Central to collaborate on technology solutions that have the potential to improve opportunities and quality of life for Michigan citizens. The state of Michigan and Start-Up Nation Central will work to identify Israeli-based companies with opportunities to expand operations into Michigan to further the development and application of innovative technologies. The MOU builds on Michigan's continued leadership in utilizing public-private partnerships to test, pilot and deploy new mobility technologies in the state.
"This MOU can offer a blueprint on how to optimize mobility to improve transportation options for citizens who may not be looking for a self-driving car, but who do need an affordable, reliable way to go to the bank, get to an appointment or meet friends for coffee," Whitmer said. "I appreciate the partnership of Start-up Nation as we work together to build the connection that will transform our transportation landscape and lead to stronger relationships between Michigan and Israel."
More on Michimich.com
- PEL Labs Now Offers Dropbox Service!
- Amazon confirms opening of new "last-mile" delivery station in Sterling Heights
- American BioDefense Institute Commends Congressman Gosar For BioSecurity Amendment
- MOTOR FleetCross Now Integrated with Fullbay
- 2nd Annual Mile High Denver Boutique Week!
Today's MOU further strengthens on Michigan's relationship with Start-Up Nation Central. Earlier this year, Michigan was announced as the first state in the United States to launch a free web platform poised to be a tipping point for the state's startup ecosystem. The platform, called startupMICHIGAN.tech, created by Start-Up Nation Central and powered by the Michigan Israel Business Accelerator (MIBA), features more than 300 startups, and growing – including hubs and funders.
The Governor had several other meetings throughout the day highlighting the strength of the relationship between Michigan and Israel when it comes to the automotive industry, technology, cybersecurity, and the next generation of transportation, including a visit to GM's Advanced Technological Center and a meeting with Israel Minister of Energy Dr. Yuval Steinitz to discuss Michigan's robust cybersecurity community, excellent business climate, and talented workforce. The governor is also scheduled to visit Ford Motor Company's New Regional Research Center tomorrow.
More on Michimich.com
- CIMdata to Offer Virtual-Live Digital Transformation Short Course in September
- CMR Mechanical Can Help You Improve the Ventilation in Your Home
- Evolve IP Releases RECAP – AI Driven Speech Analytics And Voice Recording Platform For Microsoft Teams, Unified Communications and Contact Center
- Drinkmate Releases the instaFizz- The Stainless-Steel Water Bottle
- Leading OEMs present new model year updates at NTEA's Virtual Truck Product Conference
Earlier in the day, Governor Whitmer provided remarks at the Water Technology and Environmental Council Conference in Tel Aviv, highlighting her dedication to protecting our Great Lakes and fresh water. Following her remarks, the governor met with Dr. Yuval Steinitz, Israel's Minister of Energy, to discuss opportunities to strengthen Michigan's cybersecurity, attract more businesses to our state, and grow our workforce.
The governor's trip is being hosted by the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit in coordination with the MEDC.
This is Governor Whitmer's first international trip as Governor. To view her schedule for the trip, click the link below.
Latest on Michimich.com
- JT Legal Group Recognizes the Pandemic of Nursing Home Abuse during COVID-19
- Ocean Conservation Nonprofit, OctoNation, 1 of 14 in North America Accepted to Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- AI.Reverie Awarded $1.5M AFWERX Phase 2 SBIR Contract from U.S. Air Force
- Acumentrics Announces New Website Launch
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Trump visit to Atlanta focuses on I-75 South expansion
- Jurllyshe Back To School Outfits & Clothes Ideas 2020--Jumpsuits, Matching Sets, Dress etc
- Summer Heat Sparks Heavy "Stay at Home" Consumer Demand for Screen Mesh Shade Tarps
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors This Year's Big Hearts Annual Movie Event for The Fifth Year in a Row!
- CNB Community Bancorp, Inc. Reports Record Second Quarter 2020 Results
- Cochrane Supply Announces BASfest | The Tour!
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Can Clean Your Office to Combat COVID-19
- Meijer Opens Five Supercenters in the Midwest
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- CIMdata to Host a Free Webinar on the Role of Data Governance in a Digital Transformation
- Archaeology, Israel, and Relationships Featured in Olga Sushinsky's Debut Novel FINDING MYSELF