March 25, 2020
LANSING – The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) announced today it will request a federal waiver of statutory and regulatory requirements in the Child Nutrition Programs, in accordance with federal guidance.
The waiver would allow MDE to maximize the reimbursement rates to support increased menu, supply, transportation, and labor options for sponsors that may be experiencing a disruption in access to food and other resources during this difficult time.
MDE is requesting the waiver on behalf of all Child Nutrition Program sponsors determined to be in good standing in the state of Michigan.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MPSC urges homeowners and contractors to postpone nonessential excavation, make free call to 811 before digging
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Comments on UP Energy Task Force Report on Propane, Urges Prompt Planning to Prepare for Shutdown of Enbridge Line 5
- Refereum, DLive, Tron, and Bittorrent Team Together to Reward Users for Social Distancing During COVID-19
- Michigan: Detroit casinos' quarterly, March aggregate revenues fall as COVID-19 halts gaming
- Healthcare Coverage Available to Michiganders who Lose Job or Experience a Drop in Income
MDE is preemptively seeking the discretion to reimburse all U. S. Department of Agriculture Unanticipated School Closure Summer Food Service Program meals at the self-preparation or rural rate for all Child Nutrition Program sponsors continuing to serve meals that have been affected by the state of emergency.
Child Nutrition Program sponsors do not need to request exceptions from the Michigan Department of Education.
For questions about Michigan's Child Nutrition Programs, contact the Director of the Office of Health and Nutrition Services, Diane Golzynski, at 517-241-5374 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest on Michimich.com
- NOKR Urges Preparedness During COVID-19 Global Emergency
- City of Sterling Heights issues instructions for public participation in video conference of April 7
- Datavalet Helps Teams Work Remotely During Covid-19 Crisis
- Kellogg Company Sets Date for 2020 First Quarter Results Conference Call / Webcast
- Cochrane Tech Services Expands Virtual Training Program to Support Building Automation Professionals
- Sterling Heights: TDIC and Henry Ford Health System team up to combat COVID-19
- BizStream Achieves Kentico Quality Expert Certification
- Toth Team Worldwide Network Welcomes Ann Arbor Area Real Estate Expert Buyers' Agent Lauren Kartje
- COVID-19 Deep Cleaning Services for Metro Detroit Business Districts
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
- Castellex Adds Positive Air Pressure Feature to their Air Filtration Systems for Battling Coronavirus
- The Sports Circus Rockets into Greater Houston
- Alpha Energy Management Wins SunPower 2019 Commercial National Rising Star Award
- Autonomous Inc. Steps Up to Help Local Hospitals Fight COVID-19
- Meijer Announces New Efforts to Keep Customers and Team Members Safe
- Seniors can get meals safely in Michigan during COVID-19 outbreak; State wants to increase public awareness of meals program
- Michigan: MDARD to offer private pesticide applicators an alternate option to take certification exams
- Michigan: AG Recognizes Big Box Retailer for Efforts to Slow Spread of COVID-19
- Michigan: AG's Office, Kalamazoo County Prosecutor Send Cease and Desist Letter to Car Wash Violating Executive Order
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation