March 25, 2020
LANSING – The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) announced today it will request a federal waiver of statutory and regulatory requirements in the Child Nutrition Programs, in accordance with federal guidance.
The waiver would allow MDE to maximize the reimbursement rates to support increased menu, supply, transportation, and labor options for sponsors that may be experiencing a disruption in access to food and other resources during this difficult time.
MDE is requesting the waiver on behalf of all Child Nutrition Program sponsors determined to be in good standing in the state of Michigan.
More on Michimich.com
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de
- Atlantean Magicians and the Dead Sea Scrolls in Amy Kuivalainen's New Release THE SEA OF THE DEAD
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Employee-developed "Know & Go" Mobile App Debuts on 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
MDE is preemptively seeking the discretion to reimburse all U. S. Department of Agriculture Unanticipated School Closure Summer Food Service Program meals at the self-preparation or rural rate for all Child Nutrition Program sponsors continuing to serve meals that have been affected by the state of emergency.
Child Nutrition Program sponsors do not need to request exceptions from the Michigan Department of Education.
For questions about Michigan's Child Nutrition Programs, contact the Director of the Office of Health and Nutrition Services, Diane Golzynski, at 517-241-5374 or email@example.com.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: M-33/M-211 resurfacing in Presque Isle County starts Sept. 28
- Michigan: Deer check and CWD/TB testing changes for 2020 hunting season
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- Michigan: New Neighborhood Testing Site Begins Offering COVID-19 Testing in Benton Harbor
- Michigan: EGLE, US Ecology - Detroit South enter consent agreement to address facility odor violations
- Michigan: Dry Bean Stocks Report
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins $678M Settlement to Resolve Kickback Allegations Against Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Michigan: Overnight closures of 14 Mile and Big Beaver roads under I-75 for bridge work tonight
- MDE Announces Virtual Job Fairs For Michigan Schools and Educators
- Michigan: US-31 improvements start Monday near Grand Haven
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- New Spanish-Language Media Outlet El Planteo, Backed By Benzinga, Focuses On Cannabis, Plant Medicine, Finance, Culture
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- PEL Labs Passes Re-Accreditation Process Through NVLAP
- Michigan: MDOT is hiring! Learn more at Oct. 6 virtual career fair
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software
- Evolve IP Enhances Its Microsoft Teams and Cisco Voice Direct Routing Platform
- Ideal Image Selects Intalytics to Assist with New Market Expansion
- Nutter Home Loans and Tamara Day Announce Alliance
- New article shows how science could reveal racism's real impact on the body and brain