- Michigan: MSHDA rolls out online application tool for COVID Emergency Rental Assistance
- Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights on the Passing of Elbert Hatchett
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of William Parran, #152055
MDHHS has provided the Flint mobile food pantries since February 2016 in partnership with the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 in Michigan, food pantry distributors are taking extra precautions to keep customers and volunteers protected. Each site is requiring volunteers to wear gloves and masks, clean their hands with hand sanitizer often, and take steps to sanitize distribution buildings throughout the day. Customers do not have to step out of their vehicle to receive food – volunteers are asking the customer to simply open their trunk and they will load up the vehicle with food to reduce contact.
This month's mobile food pantry distribution will have plenty of delicious, vitamin-rich produce and proteins, including potatoes, apples, ground turkey and cheese.
March dates for distributions are:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, March 1, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 8, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 15, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 22, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 29, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, March 2, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 9, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 16, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 23, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 30, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, March 4 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 11, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 18, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 25, at 10 a.m.
- Luke's NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, March 5, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, March 12, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, March 19, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, March 26, at 10 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations:
More on Michimich.com
- Congratulations to the latest companies earning MVP status
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- Public asked to help guide Michigan's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050
- Michigan: Lane closures on US-31 bascule bridge in Manistee next two weeks for exploratory soil borings
Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Information about additional food distributions will be announced as they are scheduled. To check food distribution schedules, visit the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan website at FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: DNR's Eastern UP Citizens' Advisory Council to meet in virtual session
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Charges Benton Harbor Man
- Michigan: US-2 Dickinson County resurfacing project starts April 26
- Michigan: Reminder: Ongoing bridge work requires closing I-75 this weekend in Oakland County
- Michigan: Former Osceola County Sheriff's Deputy Sentenced for Series of Child Sex Crimes, Felony Drug Charges
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel Files Embezzlement Charges Against Former EGLE Employee
- Michigan: Work on Burns Street overpass replacement requires closing a lane on westbound I-94 in Detroit
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Partners with Responsibility.org to Prevent Underage Drinking During Alcohol Responsibility Month
- Michigan: M-53 closed Friday night, April 16, for culvert replacement at Stiles Road in Lapeer County
- New Partnership to FightCybercrime Launching Program to Support the Military and Veteran Community
- Eaton Engineer Recognized as One of SME's 25 Leaders in Smart Manufacturing
- Health Insurance Virtual Town Hall Offered to Michigan Consumers
- Michigan: Spring steelhead egg collection on Little Manistee River set to start Tuesday
- Michigan: Treasury: Taxpayers Reminded About Individual Income Tax Deadline Change
- Michigan: Ypsilanti Man Sentenced After Embezzling More Than 100K from Elderly Victim
- Anthology of Award-Winning Books Explores Global Concerns in a Child-friendly Format
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Mike Morse Law Firm's Podcast, Open Mike, Releases Landmark 100th Episode
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
- Michigan temporarily pausing use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine based on FDA and CDC guidanceFDA and CDC are reviewing six cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot
- Michigan: Detroit casinos report $113.84 million in March monthly revenue while operating at limited capacity
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Announces Settlement with Ferrellgas Over Alleged Violations of Consumer Protection Laws
- Michigan: MDOT hosting virtual public meeting for M-37 repaving and Battle Creek Linear Park Trail temporary closure