LANSING – Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson has named Jake Rollow as the new director of communications for the Michigan Department of State.
Rollow, who began his duties Monday, Oct. 7, brings more than 15 years of experience in government and communications at the local and national level. Most recently, he served as director of communications and community services for the City of Hyattsville, Maryland.
"I am extremely proud to add Jake Rollow to our team," Benson said. "His expertise, integrity and extensive experience in strategic communications and in media and government relations will strengthen and bolden our efforts to engage citizens throughout Michigan in our work and initiatives."
Rollow's background as a reporter for the national publication Hispanic Link Weekly Report in Washington, D.C., and the El Paso Times in Texas, and on the staffs of former U.S. Sen. Jeff Bingaman and U.S. Sen. Martin Heinrich of New Mexico prepares him to hit the ground running directing communications for the Department of State, one of the largest state agencies in Michigan. He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and a master's degree from Columbia University in New York.
More on Michimich.com
- MI Symptoms Web Application Helps Michiganders Track Symptoms; Informs Reopening Strategy
- Michigan regional jobless rates surge in April with COVID-19 pandemic
- Michigan: Lawmakers Sponsor Upcoming Auto Insurance Town Halls
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Proposed 2020-21 Sterling Heights Budget Funds Critical Needs with No Tax Increase
Rollow succeeds Shawn Starkey, who Benson has named director of the Office of Continuous Improvement and Transformation.
# # #
For media questions, contact
Communications Director Jake Rollow at RollowJ@Michigan.gov
We welcome questions and comments at the Contact the Secretary of State page.
Customers may call the Department of State Information Center to
speak to a customer-service representative at 888-SOS-MICH (767-6424).
Latest on Michimich.com
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- FOURMIDABLE Again Recognized on 'Affordable 100' List
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Flagstar Changes 2020 Annual Shareholder Meeting to Virtual Attendance
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Michigan: 2020 Bay Region Flooding - Map with Photos
- Michigan Will Add Online Purchasing, Free "Quarantine Care Kits"; Additional supports provided for people who need to stay home
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Michigan: State leaders urge residents with water bill payment concerns to contact local water departments and state assistance programs
- Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services Offers Insurance Tips to Michigan Residents Following Mid-Michigan Flooding
- Michigan: Regulated utilities extend protections, assistance for vulnerable households to June 12
- Sterling Heights: Summer Reading
- Gauging Your Aging Parent's Safe Driving Abilities After The Holiday Weekend Reunion
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Michigan: M-40 resurfacing begins Monday at the Van Buren/Allegan county line
- Health Insurance Enrollment Deadlines Approaching for Michiganders who Lost Job or Experienced a Drop in Income
- Michigan: Secretary of State branch offices to reopen June 1 by appointment only