- Michigan: MSHDA rolls out online application tool for COVID Emergency Rental Assistance
- Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights on the Passing of Elbert Hatchett
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of William Parran, #152055
With COVID-19 public health and safety in mind, most upcoming meetings have been changed to virtual meetings or conference calls. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific virtual and teleconference meeting information and, when finalized, meeting agendas. Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – 9 a.m., March 18, virtual (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Equine Trails Subcommittee – 1-4:30 p.m., March 3, virtual (Contact: Anna Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – 10 a.m.-2 p.m., March 3, virtual (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-622-3820).
- Lake Erie/Lake St. Clair Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – 1-4 p.m., March 23, virtual (Contact: Jim Francis, 517-242-3593).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – 9 a.m., March 11, virtual (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-881-9630).
- Michigan State Historical Records Advisory Board – 10 a.m., March 25, virtual (Contact: Mark Harvey, 517-449-5885).
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee – 3 p.m., March 3, virtual (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup – 5-7 p.m., March 24, virtual (Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790).
- Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council – 1-3 p.m., March 5 (work session), virtual (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council – 10 a.m.-3 p.m., March 19, virtual (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876).
- Urban and Community Forestry Council – 10 a.m.-noon, March 30, virtual (Contact: Kevin Sayers, 517-582-3209).
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council – 6 p.m. (EDT), March 18, virtual (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
State land reviews – March 9 and 10
More on Michimich.com
- Congratulations to the latest companies earning MVP status
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- Public asked to help guide Michigan's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050
- Michigan: Lane closures on US-31 bascule bridge in Manistee next two weeks for exploratory soil borings
The DNR is hosting virtual meetings to provide information on the state land review and opportunities for feedback on recommendations for DNR-managed public land ownership in 10 counties: Alpena, Berrien, Branch, Cass, Charlevoix, Chippewa, Dickinson, Leelanau, Gogebic and St. Joseph. The state land review is being implemented as part of the 2013 DNR-managed public land strategy and involves review of certain isolated parcels of state land to determine whether they are contributing to the department's mission. Visit the DNR's public land strategy webpage for more information about public lands or contact Scott Whitcomb at 231-373-3007 for meeting information.
- March 9, 6 p.m., virtual, join via Teams or call in (audio only) at 248-509-0316, phone conference ID: 913 574 808#
- March 10, 2:30 p.m., virtual, join via Teams or call in (audio only) at 248-509-0316, phone conference ID: 661 614 816#
Upcoming opportunities to serve
The following boards and commissions are seeking applicants for vacant seats:
- The Michigan State Waterways Commission has one vacant seat. The new member will represent the general public. For more information, call or email Michelle Wieber at 517-285-0747, or apply here.
- The Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup, which assists the Michigan Trails Advisory Council, has one vacant seat. The new member will offer advice related to the creation, development, operation and maintenance of the designated off-road trail system. For more information or to apply, call or email Anna Centofanti (mailto:CentofantiA@michigan.gov) at 517-331-6219.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel Files Embezzlement Charges Against Former EGLE Employee
- Michigan: Work on Burns Street overpass replacement requires closing a lane on westbound I-94 in Detroit
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Partners with Responsibility.org to Prevent Underage Drinking During Alcohol Responsibility Month
- Michigan: M-53 closed Friday night, April 16, for culvert replacement at Stiles Road in Lapeer County
- New Partnership to FightCybercrime Launching Program to Support the Military and Veteran Community
- Eaton Engineer Recognized as One of SME's 25 Leaders in Smart Manufacturing
- Health Insurance Virtual Town Hall Offered to Michigan Consumers
- Michigan: Spring steelhead egg collection on Little Manistee River set to start Tuesday
- Michigan: Treasury: Taxpayers Reminded About Individual Income Tax Deadline Change
- Michigan: Ypsilanti Man Sentenced After Embezzling More Than 100K from Elderly Victim
- Anthology of Award-Winning Books Explores Global Concerns in a Child-friendly Format
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Mike Morse Law Firm's Podcast, Open Mike, Releases Landmark 100th Episode
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
- Michigan temporarily pausing use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine based on FDA and CDC guidanceFDA and CDC are reviewing six cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot
- Michigan: Detroit casinos report $113.84 million in March monthly revenue while operating at limited capacity
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Announces Settlement with Ferrellgas Over Alleged Violations of Consumer Protection Laws
- Michigan: MDOT hosting virtual public meeting for M-37 repaving and Battle Creek Linear Park Trail temporary closure