Compliance Calls Should Go To Local Law Enforcement
March 24, 2020
LANSING – Due to the overwhelming number of calls related to the Governor's COVID-19 Executive Orders, the Michigan Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline has been overwhelmed, literally bringing our system to a standstill.
We urge you to remind Michigan residents that any complaints related to the Governor's Stay Home, Stay Safe order should be directed to local law enforcement agencies – and we are counting on our partners in law enforcement to remind everyone that failing to comply with the Governor's Executive Orders could result in a $500 fine and/or 90 days in jail for each violation.
More on Michimich.com
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- Dura-Pack Launches Flexible Packaging Webinar Program
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Atlantean Magicians and the Dead Sea Scrolls in Amy Kuivalainen's New Release THE SEA OF THE DEAD
The Attorney General's Consumer Protection team is designed to protect consumers from unfair, deceptive and fraudulent business practices. This team has received thousands of complaints but at this time its main focus is cracking down on price-gouging and scams related to COVID-19. All other violations of the Governor's Executive Orders should be referred to local police departments for enforcement. The Department of Attorney General stands ready to assist local prosecuting attorneys' offices as these cases move forward.
These are incredibly difficult times and we are all in uncharted territory. We ask for everyone's cooperation, understanding and patience as we diligently work to stop COVID-19. Thank you.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Xitron Navigator DFE Receives Coveted InterTech™ Technology Award
- Michigan: Detroit Reentry Center to close in January
- Michigan: M-33/M-211 resurfacing in Presque Isle County starts Sept. 28
- Michigan: Deer check and CWD/TB testing changes for 2020 hunting season
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- Michigan: New Neighborhood Testing Site Begins Offering COVID-19 Testing in Benton Harbor
- Michigan: EGLE, US Ecology - Detroit South enter consent agreement to address facility odor violations
- Michigan: Dry Bean Stocks Report
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins $678M Settlement to Resolve Kickback Allegations Against Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Michigan: Overnight closures of 14 Mile and Big Beaver roads under I-75 for bridge work tonight
- MDE Announces Virtual Job Fairs For Michigan Schools and Educators
- Michigan: US-31 improvements start Monday near Grand Haven
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- New Spanish-Language Media Outlet El Planteo, Backed By Benzinga, Focuses On Cannabis, Plant Medicine, Finance, Culture
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- PEL Labs Passes Re-Accreditation Process Through NVLAP
- Michigan: MDOT is hiring! Learn more at Oct. 6 virtual career fair
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software
- Evolve IP Enhances Its Microsoft Teams and Cisco Voice Direct Routing Platform
- Ideal Image Selects Intalytics to Assist with New Market Expansion