- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces Credit Rating Outlook Boost as State Displays Strong Financial Position, Economic Recovery
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Payroll Fraud Enforcement Unit Shares Amazon Flex Settlement
- Armstrong International Charts Roadmap to Decarbonization, Joins Renewable Thermal Collaborative
Cultural resetter Rose McGowan, podcaster and progressive leader Ryan Knight, and MPP National Coordinator Nick Brana will respond to Joe Biden and Donald Trump in a live broadcast immediately following the second presidential debate. The response will stream to MPP's YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Twitch.
Rose McGowan is a catalyst and tireless fighter for the seismic Cultural Reset known as #MeToo. She seeks to inspire people everywhere to rise up against abuse of power just by being brave. She is the founder of Rose Army, author of the New York Times bestseller "Brave," and a Time Magazine Person of the Year.
Said McGowan, "I am joining the People's Party debate response because it's time for truth; it's time to clean house. The Democrats and Republicans have had their chance. They have failed U.S. citizens over and over. It's time for a brave new world. It's time for a new party to break through."
Ryan Knight is an activist, Medicare for All advocate, and host of the podcast "Amped Up with Ryan Knight." Knight has endorsed dozens of down-ballot progressives in 2020 and is a leading national voice for the progressive movement. He has made a name for himself on Twitter, attracting hundreds of thousands of followers.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Gaylord man arraigned on three charges after fleeing DNR conservation officer in Otsego County
- Michigan: Former Catholic School Teacher Pleads Guilty, MI AG Clergy Abuse Team Secures Fourth Conviction
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Leads Coalition in Fight to Preserve Billions of Dollars for Schools
- Michigan: Public Integrity Investigation Involving Macomb County Prosecutor Leads to Additional Guilty Plea
- Michigan: MSHDA Board approves Qualified Allocation Plan and loan commitments for affordable housing developments
Nick Brana is the founder and national coordinator with the Movement for a People's Party. He was the national political outreach coordinator with Bernie 2016. He was also a founding staffer and electoral manager with Our Revolution.
The Oct. 22 People's Party Debate Response will be the second in MPP's response series. On Sept. 29, Amazon worker-rights organizer Chris Smalls, climate scientist and NASA early career achievement medalist Dr. Peter Kalmus, Our Revolution Los Angeles Vice Chair Eynelys García, and Nick Brana delivered the response to Trump and Biden's raucous first debate.
The series follows the People's Convention, which brought together many of the nation's leading progressives to discuss forming a major new party in America. Speakers included Dr. Cornel West, Sen. Nina Turner, Marianne Williamson, Gov. Jesse Ventura, Danny Glover, Chris Hedges, and Jimmy Dore. Students, labor leaders, artists, academics, celebrities, and people from all walks of life came together for the Convention. At the conclusion, attendees overwhelmingly voted in favor of forming a "major new political party free of corporate money and influence in 2021."
Since then, the movement has grown to more than 120,000 members and built more than 60 local hubs across the country. Organizers are planning a founding convention next year and will run congressional candidates in 2022 and a presidential candidate in 2024.
The rise of the People's Party comes at a time of unprecedented cascading national crises. Coronavirus has devastated the United States perhaps more than any other developed country. The Democratic and Republican response to the pandemic has amounted to a historic transfer of wealth from working people to Wall Street, triggering the worst economic recession since the Great Depression.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MDCR Interim Director John E. Johnson Jr. Issues Statement on SCOTUS Ruling Upholding the Affordable Care Act
- Michigan: Lansing Avenue closed from Shirley Drive to Royal Drive in Jackson starting June 22 to rebuild bridge over I-94
- World Refugee Day highlights contributions of refugees, celebrates Michigan being a safe, welcoming state
- Michigan: AG Nessel Provides Update on Grand Traverse County Commissioner
- Auto Insurance Virtual Town Hall Offered to Michigan Consumers
Mass unemployment, hunger, evictions, and small-business closures have swept America while corporate profits and billionaire fortunes soar to record heights. An uprising against police brutality and a reckoning on racial justice have gripped the country after the police killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor. Climate fires have engulfed the West Coast and tainted the skies red.
"As the crisis mounts," said Nick Brana, "millions of people who are desperate to escape a crushing political and economic system are being driven into the arms of a neofascist by a Democratic Party that spurns working people and pledges allegiance to Wall Street at every opportunity. Only a major new progressive populist party can give Americans a second and genuine escape hatch from the status quo and turn back the rise of authoritarianism."
Carol Ehrle | [email protected] | (248) 808-4200
Nick Brana | [email protected]
MPP Media | [email protected]
SOURCE Movement for a People's Party
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- The Coretec Group Enters Into Research Partnership With Eindhoven University of Technology
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency Announces June Business Resource Workshop, Featuring Our Cannabis
- AG Nessel Congratulates Department Staff Recognized by Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Mid-Michigan Region
- Industry Leaders Spotlight the New Payer Regulatory and Compliance Environment at Beacon Leadership Summit
- St Pete Talk joins the Canadian Snowbird Association talking Taxes | Snowbirds
- APX Founder Terri Ross Returns as a Featured Speaker at the 2021 AmSpa Medical Spa & Aesthetic Bootcamps
- CIMdata's President & CEO to Join a Webinar on PLM Evaluation and Digital Transformation
- New TrialAssure LINK Technology Saves Up to 4 Weeks from Plain Language Summary Writing
- OpenSSL 3.0 Release Candidate now available
- Protopia and University of Michigan Host Webinar on AI-Powered Networking in the Classroom
- Lineus Medical Expands US Distribution with CoMedical
- Ismail Sirdah's Tips for Finding the Perfect concert Venue
- Michigan: MDE Supports Federal Title IX Action Prohibiting Sexual Discrimination
- PEI Named Top Managed Services Provider in the United States
- Lake Michigan Credit Union Announces Acquisition of Pilot Bank of Tampa, Florida
- Michigan: AG Nessel, DIFS Remind Consumers to Watch Out for Callers Claiming to be from Health Departments
- ActivePipe empowering brokerages to stay relevant
- Tropidelic and JSG Live announce the inaugural EVERWILD Music Festival Aug 13 – 14, 2021 in Newark, OH
- MSG's Nick Suino Shares Marketing Tips