- MSHDA Board approves grants to Habitat for Humanity of Michigan and CEDAM, supports loans for acquisition and rehabilitation of affordable rental units in rural communities - 110
- Meijer Customer Survey Reveals Kids May be in for Biggest Christmas Surprises
- Michigan: DNR recommends $5.4 million in Land and Water Conservation Fund grants to support park projects
Cultural resetter Rose McGowan, podcaster and progressive leader Ryan Knight, and MPP National Coordinator Nick Brana will respond to Joe Biden and Donald Trump in a live broadcast immediately following the second presidential debate. The response will stream to MPP's YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Twitch.
Rose McGowan is a catalyst and tireless fighter for the seismic Cultural Reset known as #MeToo. She seeks to inspire people everywhere to rise up against abuse of power just by being brave. She is the founder of Rose Army, author of the New York Times bestseller "Brave," and a Time Magazine Person of the Year.
Said McGowan, "I am joining the People's Party debate response because it's time for truth; it's time to clean house. The Democrats and Republicans have had their chance. They have failed U.S. citizens over and over. It's time for a brave new world. It's time for a new party to break through."
Ryan Knight is an activist, Medicare for All advocate, and host of the podcast "Amped Up with Ryan Knight." Knight has endorsed dozens of down-ballot progressives in 2020 and is a leading national voice for the progressive movement. He has made a name for himself on Twitter, attracting hundreds of thousands of followers.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan's older adults can connect virtually with family and friends this holiday season; MDHHS partners with GetSetUp to help residents cope with COVID-19 separation
- Adrian Peterson Teams up With The Athletes' Corner to Provide 100,000 Meals to Families in Association With His Custom Thanksgiving Day Cleats
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Michigan: Virtual public meeting scheduled Dec. 7 to discuss 2021 I-75 BL lane reconfiguration in St. Ignace
- Michigan: Blossomland Bridge closing in St. Joseph starting Dec. 1
Nick Brana is the founder and national coordinator with the Movement for a People's Party. He was the national political outreach coordinator with Bernie 2016. He was also a founding staffer and electoral manager with Our Revolution.
The Oct. 22 People's Party Debate Response will be the second in MPP's response series. On Sept. 29, Amazon worker-rights organizer Chris Smalls, climate scientist and NASA early career achievement medalist Dr. Peter Kalmus, Our Revolution Los Angeles Vice Chair Eynelys García, and Nick Brana delivered the response to Trump and Biden's raucous first debate.
The series follows the People's Convention, which brought together many of the nation's leading progressives to discuss forming a major new party in America. Speakers included Dr. Cornel West, Sen. Nina Turner, Marianne Williamson, Gov. Jesse Ventura, Danny Glover, Chris Hedges, and Jimmy Dore. Students, labor leaders, artists, academics, celebrities, and people from all walks of life came together for the Convention. At the conclusion, attendees overwhelmingly voted in favor of forming a "major new political party free of corporate money and influence in 2021."
Since then, the movement has grown to more than 120,000 members and built more than 60 local hubs across the country. Organizers are planning a founding convention next year and will run congressional candidates in 2022 and a presidential candidate in 2024.
The rise of the People's Party comes at a time of unprecedented cascading national crises. Coronavirus has devastated the United States perhaps more than any other developed country. The Democratic and Republican response to the pandemic has amounted to a historic transfer of wealth from working people to Wall Street, triggering the worst economic recession since the Great Depression.
More on Michimich.com
- Attorney General Nessel Reaches Settlement in Progress Michigan's FOIA Lawsuit Against Former AG's Administration
- Michigan: Former Youth Basketball Coach Jerrell Sanders Sent to Prison for Sex Crime
- New Mom Pens Book to Inspire Daughter's Future
- Micro Kickboard Announces Scooters Made From Recycled Fishing Nets
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
Mass unemployment, hunger, evictions, and small-business closures have swept America while corporate profits and billionaire fortunes soar to record heights. An uprising against police brutality and a reckoning on racial justice have gripped the country after the police killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor. Climate fires have engulfed the West Coast and tainted the skies red.
"As the crisis mounts," said Nick Brana, "millions of people who are desperate to escape a crushing political and economic system are being driven into the arms of a neofascist by a Democratic Party that spurns working people and pledges allegiance to Wall Street at every opportunity. Only a major new progressive populist party can give Americans a second and genuine escape hatch from the status quo and turn back the rise of authoritarianism."
Carol Ehrle | [email protected] | (248) 808-4200
Nick Brana | [email protected]
MPP Media | [email protected]
SOURCE Movement for a People's Party
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MDOT virtual public meeting Dec. 2 to discuss US-12 Planning and Environmental Linkage (PEL) study in Detroit
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Guardhat Releases Smart Glasses Based Solutions for Front-Line Workers
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- THE WANDERING PALESTINIAN by Anan Ameri: A Masterful and Riveting Memoir of Activism and Immigration
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- Credit Card Companies' Support for Small Businesses During COVID-19 Not Enough to Drive Customer Satisfaction, J.D. Power Finds
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Karol Soles, #170214
- National Survey Finds More Than 75% of Individual Investors Would Link Their Shopping Habits and Brand Loyalty to Stock Ownership, and They Desire Stock Perks
- Michigan: MDHHS issues Thanksgiving guidance for vulnerable populations
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Commends Canvassers' Certification
- Michigan: Statement from Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson on the Board of State Canvassers certification of Nov. 3 election
- How to sell paparazzi jewelry and use the paparazzi jewelry images you have on your website
- Michigan: EGLE awards nearly $10 million in COVID-19 wastewater surveillance grants and equipment
- Ford to Present at Credit Suisse Industrials and Goldman Sachs Global Automotive Conferences
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"