- COVID-19 Omicron variant illustrates importance of getting vaccinated, including booster doses, wearing masks, other mitigation strategies; MDHHS is monitoring to identify any presence in Michigan, but has not yet detected new variant
- Michigan: PHOTOS: MDARD Director Gary McDowell Celebrates Small Business Saturday with Kluck Nursery
- Governor Whitmer Announces 16 Communities to Receive Additional Funding to Invest in Local Parks and Trails throughout Michigan
ADEWALE AKINNUOYE-AGBAJE, as gladiator fight fixer Marcus Venutius, brings history back to life as he guides visitors through the Roman Colosseum. Blood and Sand, BARDEUM's new audiovisual experience, is written by No. 1 bestselling author Simon Scarrow (Eagles of the Empire) and transports users back in time to Emperor Domitian's Great Games in 85 A.D. Visitors follow Adewale's character into the arenas seedy underworld. From the marble seats of the wealthy to the hot sands and hidden hypogeum of the gladiators, Marcus must determine friend from foe.
GEORGE BLAGDEN is Appius Teretina, the intrepid guide to Chariot Racing at the Circus Maximus. Visitors step back in time to 65 A.D and the re-opening of the Circus Maximus after the great fire. The Charioteer is written by six-time New York Times bestselling author Margaret George (The Confessions of a Young Nero; The Splendor Before the Dark) and allows users to experience chariot racing and the real-life murderous plot against Emperor Nero.
Both experiences also include reconstruction images of the sites.
Additional Experiences on the BARDEUM Mobile App:
More on Michimich.com
- Xoran's VetCAT 3D CT Imaging Implemented at Chicago Exotics Animal Hospital
- Michigan: MDARD Issues Consumer Advisory for Certain Enoki Mushrooms
- Michigan: AG Nessel Issues Statement on New Charges in Oxford High School Shooting
- Michigan: State Leaders React to Federal Plan to Increase Access to COVID-19 Testing to Battle COVID-19 this Winter
- Option traders think Hertz stock could reach $30 soon
- PALATINE HILL – IMPERIAL PALACE. The Sibylline Prophecy, written by bestselling author Simon Turney (Sons of Rome Trilogy) and narrated by Philip Stevens (Lapwing), takes visitors back to the eve of Battle between Emperors Maxentius & Constantine in October 312 A.D.
- ROMAN FORUM. The Death of Cornelia, written by BARDEUM founder Amanda Mercer and narrated by Dan John Miller (Leatherheads), takes visitors back to 91 A.D. when Emperor Domitian has ordered the death of the Vestal Maxima Cornelia.
- HISTORIC CENTER WALKING TOUR. The Unveiling of Michelangelo's David, written by award-winning author and art historian Laura Morelli and narrated by Dan John Miller, takes visitors back to the political upheaval of 1504 Florence and the events surrounding the creation and unveiling of one of the most iconic sculptures in history.
- KING'S GRAND APARTMENTS. Decadence & Diversions, narrated by Leslie Carroll writing as Juliet Grey, allows visitors to attend the Yew Tree Ball in 1745. Users step inside this famous event as they witness numerous women with their power-seeking patrons attempt to fill the void of the recently deceased mistress to the King. Only one will become known to history.
- QUEEN'S SUITE. Revolution Comes to Versailles, narrated by Leslie Carroll writing as Juliet Grey, takes visitors back to October 1789 and the royal family's final hours in the Palace. Visitors follow the despised Queen Marie Antoinette as she attempts to remain calm by reminiscing of her life at the Palace as she fears her own death.
- HYDE PARK. The Great Exhibition, written by Elizabeth Macneal (The Doll Factory) and narrated by Tuppence Middleton (Downton Abbey).
- KENSINGTON GARDENS. Tales of a Mistress in the Georgian Court, written by Tracy Borman (King's Mistress, Queen's Servant) and narrated by Flora Montgomery.
- ST. JAMES'S PARK. Death of a King: The Path to Execution, written by Lord Charles Spencer (Killers of the King, The White Ship) and narrated by Anthony Howell (Selfridges).
- THOMAS JEFFERSON MEMORIAL. To Begin the World Again, written by Laura Kamoie (America's First daughter).
- KOREAN WAR MEMORIAL. Unforgotten, written by Hampton Sides (On Desperate Ground).
- FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT MEMORIAL. Courage & Determination, written by H.W. Brands (Traitor to His Class).
- VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL. Behind Enemy Lines, written by Eric Blehm (Legend).
- WASHINGTON MONUMENT. Retiring Becomes Him, written by Edward J. Larson (Franklin & Washington).
- WWII MEMORIAL. Field of Fire, written by Gregory A. Freeman (The Forgotten 500).
More information/media kit: www.BARDEUM.com.
More on Michimich.com
- NAC Applauds Federal Bank Regulators for Updating & Clarifying BSA/AML Examination Manual Section on Banking of Independent ATM Companies
- Michigan: MDHHS updates school guidance quarantine guidelines, continues to strongly recommend universal masking to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Michigan: Eligible Municipalities Encouraged to Register for Participation in Historic Opioid Settlement
- MSG's Web Design Year in Review
- NSG Spills the Truth About Wix
The app is free on iOS and Android. Experiences range between $3.99 and $4.99 per download with rotating sales. Media may request free promo codes.
Contact: Amanda D. Mercer, Founder & CEO
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Museum Edutainment
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- EA Sports and Activision Former VP Kim Salzer Steps in as CMO for NFT Gaming Social Impact Ecosystem Original Gamer Life
- Michigan Indigent Defense Commission Selects Kristen Staley as Executive Director
- Michigan: Grant funding to help low-income customers pay home heating bills announced for 2021-2022
- State of Michigan secures additional federal team to assist Covenant HealthCare in Saginaw with staffing
- Avert Holiday Anxiety and Depression with Self-Care
- Construction Tool & Supply of Warren, MI Acquired by Individual Investor
- DC Norris North America Offers Cash-Back Rebate on New Commercial Sous Vide Cook Tank
- California Air Resources Board Chair Liane Randolph to present keynote address at Green Truck Summit
- Michigan: AG Nessel Shares Giving Reminders Following Oxford High School Tragedy
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces 40 High-Wage Jobs as Global Auto Supplier TÜV SÜD America Establishes State-of-the-Art EV Battery Testing Facility in Auburn Hills
- Unvaccinated residents filling Michigan hospitals, getting hospitalized for COVID
- Michigan: Secretary Benson brings back the "Water-Winter Wonderland" license plate
- Toolfetch Hosts Product Launch for the New LB White Premier 40 Tent Heater
- STRANGE DEVELOPMENT--A Startup Engineering Company -Awarded $1 Million National Science Foundation Phase II Grant
- PHOTO RELEASE: MDARD Director Gary McDowell Highlights Consumer Protections that Puts Michiganders First this Holiday Season
- LaChance Brothers Excavating Discuss the Impacts of Garbage Disposals
- Give the Gift That Sparkles All Year Long – Drinkmate
- Delights Discusses Origins of Christmas Decorations
- Data Accuracy Revolution Begins: Truthset wins I-COM Challenge
- Create a Unique Summer Camp Experience with an Aluminum Boat Dock from Alumi-Span Docks