- Michigan: Voters can register and cast ballot in one trip ahead of Nov. 2 elections
- World premiere viola composition featured during Michigan Philharmonic's November performance
- GT Medical Technologies Wins Prestigious Innovator of the Year Award at the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation
- Jeep® Wrangler Willys with Xtreme Recon Package offers 35-inch tires straight from the factory
- Equipped with the $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package, Jeep Wrangler Willys joins Wrangler Rubicon and Wrangler Rubicon 392 to deliver best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability
- Customer orders open in October for Wrangler Willys with Xtreme Recon Package, with production starting at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant in December
Today at the 2021 Detroit 4Fest, the Jeep® brand bolstered the Wrangler's legendary 4x4 capability and go-anywhere attitude, announcing the 2022 Wrangler Willys with the Xtreme Recon 35-inch tire package.
Priced at a U.S. manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $39,435 (plus $1,495 destination charge), the 2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys with the Xtreme Recon Package includes:
- LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrain tires
- 17-inch by 8-inch beadlock capable wheels
- Swing gate reinforcement
- 4.56:1 axle ratio
- 1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks
- Anti-lock four-wheel-disc performance brakes
Fitted with a standard black grille, matte black "Jeep" badge, black "Trail Rated" badge, "4-Wheel Drive" swing gate decal and "Willys" hood decal, the heritage-inspired Wrangler Willys brings a unique appearance to the Wrangler lineup, bolstered for 2022 with the available Xtreme Recon 35-inch tire package.
"The new Jeep Wrangler Willys with Xtreme Recon Package gives our passionate customers another great option for straight-from-the-factory 35-inch tires," said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. "Named after the original Jeep utility vehicle, the Willys holds special meaning to the Jeep brand, and we're excited to enhance the new Wrangler Willys with 35-inch BF Goodrich KO2 tires."
Equipped with the Xtreme Recon Package, the Wrangler Willys delivers best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability:
- Approach angle – 47.4 degrees
- Breakover angle – 26.7 degrees
- Departure angle – 40.4 degrees
- Ground clearance – 12.9 inches
- Water fording – 33.6 inches
Customers can order the Xtreme Recon Package on the Jeep Wrangler Willys 3.6L eTorque starting in October. Production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant will start in December.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Video documents M-185 Mackinac Island repair project
- Michigan: US-12/M-50 intersection culvert replacements in Brooklyn begin Monday
- Michigan: AG Nessel Urges U.S. Supreme Court To Halt Unconstitutional Texas Abortion Ban Through Multistate Amicus Brief
- Michigan: US-127 lane closures at M-50 in Jackson County begin Tuesday for deck repairs
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
2021: Year of the Wrangler
The 2021 calendar year has been a momentous period for the Jeep Wrangler, starting early in the year with the introduction of the first electrified Jeep in North America, the Wrangler 4xe, and the first V-8-powered Wrangler in almost 40 years, the Wrangler Rubicon 392.
The Wrangler 4xe, with 375 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque, delivers 49 miles per gallon-equivalent (MPGe) and 21 miles of all-electric range, yet maintains all of Wrangler's legendary off-road capability, including the ability to traverse 30 inches of water. In the second quarter of 2021, the Jeep Wrangler 4xe was the No. 1 best-selling plug-in hybrid in America. And in its first year of eligibility, the innovative 4xe plug-in hybrid propulsion system in the Jeep Wrangler was voted a Wards 10 Best Engines and Propulsion Systems winner.
For Jeep enthusiasts looking for legendary off-road performance and a new level of on-road performance, the Jeep brand introduced the V-8-powered 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392, the quickest and most powerful Wrangler yet. Rated at 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque, the 6.4-liter Wrangler Rubicon 392 features a Selec-Trac full-time active transfer case and can accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 4.5 seconds.
At the 2021 Chicago Auto Show, the Jeep brand introduced the Xtreme Recon Package for Wrangler Rubicon 3.6L eTorque and Wrangler Rubicon 392. Offering 35-inch tires straight from the factory, as well as a 1.5-inch factory suspension lift, the Xtreme Recon Package elevates Wrangler's off-road capability to best-in-class water fording and approach, break-over and departure angles.
The Jeep brand also added two eye-catching colors to the Wrangler lineup for 2021. Gecko, a vivid and bright green, and Tuscadero, a deep and intense chromatic magenta, joined the Jeep palette of 2021 model-year, special-run colors, which included Chief Blue and Nacho.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: DNR's Western UP Citizens' Advisory Council to meet in Marquette County
- Michigan: M-28 Munising project winds down for the season
- Michigan: Geddes Road ramp to US-23 closed for bridge hit damage inspection
- Beautyforever Hair Halloween Sale: Up to 58% Off
- Two Women From Different Countries Create a Skincare Brand That Illuminates Melanin Skin
Built on 80 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence. Jeep Wave, a premium owner loyalty and customer care program that is available to the entire Jeep lineup, is filled with benefits and exclusive perks to deliver Jeep owners the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support.
The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee, Renegade and Wrangler. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models sold outside North America are available in both left- and right-hand drive configurations. Jeep is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com.
Follow Jeep and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Jeep brand: www.jeep.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/thejeepchannel or https://www.youtube.com/StellantisNA
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Bipartisan Coalition in Supporting Local Journalism
- Michigan: DNR confirms recent cougar photo from Dickinson County
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense
- 12:05 ET OST Reports: Hospitals move to the cloud at record pace
- Parallel Breaks Ground on Apartment Project at Northgate
- Michigan: AG Nessel, LARA Warn Licensees of Imposter Scams
- Cygnet Institute Earns Fiduciary Excellence Certification
- myLAB Box Offers Self-Testing to Help People Regain Their Everyday Lives
- Keisha Allen Releasing Book 'Engaged: 9 Key Principles to Activate Your Life' October 25th
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Anthony Lynch, #146972
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Larry Baublitz, #164353
- Tri-Service Open Architecture Interoperability Demonstration to Focus on Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Innovations in March 2022 Event
- Michigan: I-96 joint sealing in Livingston County begins Friday night
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Signs Legislation Funding Environmental Protection and Hazardous Waste Management
- Spark Design Awards 2021 Deadline Breaking News
- Professional Model Holly Sonders Has a New Love Life with Oscar de la Hoya and is Taking Social Media by Storm Making Six Figures a Month
- City of Sterling Heights Department of Public Works Cuts Ribbon on New Facility
- Michigan Hemp Farmers encouraged to participate in first federal Hemp Acreage and Production Survey