- Michigan: Voters can register and cast ballot in one trip ahead of Nov. 2 elections
- World premiere viola composition featured during Michigan Philharmonic's November performance
- GT Medical Technologies Wins Prestigious Innovator of the Year Award at the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation
September 27, 2021
DETROIT - Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel spent a portion of her afternoon at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan's Lloyd H. Diehl Club in Detroit.
The Diehl Club recently completed renovations that further enhance the club's ability to instill a sense of belonging and influence in its members.
Nessel's visit is part of her ongoing advocacy for equitable experiences in and outside of the classroom for students.
"While there is more we can and should be doing to ensure equitable treatment inside the classroom, programs through organizations like the Boys and Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan cultivate opportunities outside of school hours to ensure our youth feel supported and empowered," Nessel said. "I greatly appreciate the Diehl Club's hospitality today and look forward to watching its impact continue to grow in Detroit."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Video documents M-185 Mackinac Island repair project
- Michigan: US-12/M-50 intersection culvert replacements in Brooklyn begin Monday
- Michigan: AG Nessel Urges U.S. Supreme Court To Halt Unconstitutional Texas Abortion Ban Through Multistate Amicus Brief
- Michigan: US-127 lane closures at M-50 in Jackson County begin Tuesday for deck repairs
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
Earlier this month, Nessel joined education leaders at Raupp Elementary School to learn about Lincoln Park Public Schools' (LPPS) Resilient Schools Project.
In May, she led a coalition of 23 attorneys general in a letter urging the federal government to issue guidance addressing inequities in student discipline that contribute to the school-to-prison pipeline.
Following that letter, the Department of Education (DOE) opened a public comment period requesting information regarding the nondiscriminatory administration of school discipline. Nessel again led a coalition of attorneys general in advocating for DOE to issue guidance addressing inequities in student discipline in July. The states are waiting on additional guidance and response from DOE.
You can learn more about the Boys and Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan by visiting the organization's website.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Consumer Advocacy Continues During MPSC's Technical Conference
- 07:15 ET Alfa Romeo Introduces 'Near Life Experience' Global Advertising Campaign at the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix
- The History of the Entrepreneur and Business Owner Ismail Sirdah
- Governor Whitmer Celebrates Michigan Winning Economic Development Award
- Security Guard Services & Private Investigation Services & Security Systems Services - In Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, - LiGER Security
- Detroit Sewn Launches New Option for American Made Hoodies
- Michigan: LARA Hosts Child Care Provider Access Fairs to Help Open New Sites
- Michigan: $15.8 million grant will increase career pathways for individuals with disabilities
- Michigan: Timber Harvester Pleads Guilty to Felony
- Automation Intellect Closes a Major Funding Round
- CBC Releases Leica Geosystems BLK247 Smart 3D Surveillance System now available in two versions and integrated with CORTROL VMS
- State Police names St. Clair County resident as 2020 Michigan Professional Emergency Manager of the Year
- Michigan: Consumer Advisory: MDARD finds numerous credit card skimmer devices during blitz
- State of Michigan works with local partners to ensure Benton Harbor residents have safe water following main break
- Michigan: 10-digit dialing requirement for every local call starts Sunday for telephone users in 616, 810, 906 and 989 area codes
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Bipartisan Coalition in Supporting Local Journalism
- Michigan: DNR confirms recent cougar photo from Dickinson County
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense