- Meijer Customer Survey Reveals Kids May be in for Biggest Christmas Surprises
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Coalition Pushing for Scientific, Medical Research Funding During COVID-19 Pandemic
- MSHDA Board approves grants to Habitat for Humanity of Michigan and CEDAM, supports loans for acquisition and rehabilitation of affordable rental units in rural communities
"I'm pleased to announce Garrick Rochow as president and CEO of CMS Energy and Consumers Energy. Garrick's leadership approach, vast industry and company expertise will take CMS Energy and Consumers Energy to the next level," said John G. Russell, chairman of the CMS Energy Board of Directors. "You can count on CMS Energy to have consistent and predictable performance because of our strong succession planning and the quality of our executive team. I wish Patti the best of luck."
"Since 2011, I have considered CMS Energy as my home and my co-workers as my family and I will miss everyone immensely," said Patti Poppe, outgoing President and CEO of CMS Energy and Consumers Energy. "Garrick is a world class leader and will continue to deliver on the triple bottom line of people, planet and prosperity as we have for many years now."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: EGLE awards nearly $10 million in COVID-19 wastewater surveillance grants and equipment
- Ford to Present at Credit Suisse Industrials and Goldman Sachs Global Automotive Conferences
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"
- Braeden Lichti: Digital Health Trends in 2020
- Boost Your Curb Appeal with Delights Christmas Light Installation Company
Rochow, 46, has been with CMS Energy for 17 years, with over 20 years of industry experience, and has held his current position since July 2016. In this role, he is responsible for the company's electric and natural gas distribution and transmission operations, generation, and compression operations. Prior to this role, Rochow served in a variety of leadership positions across the business as Consumers Energy's senior vice president of distribution and customer operations, vice president of customer experience, rates and regulation and quality and chief customer officer after serving as vice president of energy delivery. He also works closely with the Michigan Public Service Commission, state and federal legislators and is on the Board of Directors of the Right Place in Grand Rapids.
Rochow graduated from Michigan Technological University with a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering and earned a master's degree in business administration from Western Michigan University. He also has attended an executive education program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Wisconsin School of Business.
"I am honored to have the opportunity to lead a company with amazing co-workers who make a difference every day for our customers, investors and the communities we serve," said Rochow. "I look forward to continuing our strong operational and financial performance, while creating an environment that keeps our customers and co-workers safe, reflects our culture and is inclusive and respectful of everyone."
More on Michimich.com
- Aesthetic MdR Named Best MediSpa and Dr. Luis Macías Named Top Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon
- HexGn & Africa Islamic Economic Foundation Team up to Train 100,000 Youth in Africa for Innovation Economy
- Michigan: Be Careful: Thanksgiving is Top Day for Home Cooking Fires
- Michigan: AG Nessel Shares Best Practices for Consumers Amid Pandemic This Holiday Season
- Michigan: Demolition of blighted Iron County properties will lead to new development opportunities
CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS) is a Michigan-based company that has an electric and natural gas utility, Consumers Energy, as its primary business. It also owns and operates independent power generation businesses.
Check out Consumers Energy on Social Media
SOURCE CMS Energy
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Midland East Celebrates Topping Off
- Michigan: EGLE dismisses case contesting Nestlé water withdrawal permit
- Michigan: Portage Lake Lift Bridge work begins Nov. 30
- Michigan employers recognized for successful apprenticeship programs
- Michigan teens who need adoptive homes share personal stories; November is Adoption Month, as proclaimed by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
- Michigan: MDARD, MI Retailers Association and Meijer Urging Consumers to Shop as Normal
- Michigan: Further protecting construction, manufacturing workers, MIOSHA enhances inspection efforts
- City of Sterling Heights announces Delay in Dodge Park Ice Rink Opening
- Syxsense Announces New Vulnerability Dashboard as Demand for Securing Remote Workers Surges
- Explosive Environmental Documentary "Planet of the Humans" Hitting Apple iTunes and Amazon This Weekend
- SpartanNash Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Blue Heart Records Signs Award Winning Singer/Songwriter/Pianist Veronica Lewis
- Mopec Adds International Distribution Capabilities in 14 Countries English English
- Purfresh Clean equipment deployed for virus spread risk mitigation at U.S. Army National Guard training exercises
- ELEVATE Identified as "Vanguard Leader" in Ardent Partners 2020 VMS Technology Advisor Report
- MPSC OKs Consumers Energy's $550M Mid-Michigan Pipeline upgrade to ensure safety, boost system resilience and flexibility
- Michigan Education Trust Holds Contract Prices Steady Amid COVID-19 Pandemic, Will Reopen Enrollment Dec. 1
- Michigan: 2020-108 - 2020-2021 35a(5) Additional Instructional Time Grant Application Deadline
- Stop & Shop Takes Luigi's Cannoli Pie of Bridgeport, CT Chainwide
- Meritor Announces Standard Position Agreement with Terex Advance Mixer