- Expert tip: Private Jet Engine Maintenance Program - Pros and Cons for Preowned Jet Buyers
- Golden Limousine President Sean Duval Receives Humanitarian Award
- Levinger Regens Announces New Initiative to Improve Hydrogen Carbon Intensity
DETROIT, Feb. 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- When the temperature drops, homes can experience a number of issues that can cost homeowners thousands in damages, but C & C Heating & Air Conditioning, a leading Detroit-area heating and cooling company, says residents can follow some simple tips to minimize their risks.
"Ice, snow, wind and melting runoff can all cause considerable damage to your home," said Dayna Hottle, general manager of C & C Heating and Air Conditioning. "Fortunately, there are some easy and cost-effective precautions you can take to protect your home and yourself from the cold and minimize your liability in the process."
Hottle suggested homeowners take the following measures:
- Clean out the gutters. Without leaves, sticks and other debris clogging the gutter, melting snow and ice move more freely. This can prevent ice damming.
- Add extra insulation to basements, attics and crawl spaces. If too much heat escapes through the attic, it will melt the snow on the roof that can then re-freeze. This builds up layers of ice that can damage the roof. Insulating the basement and crawl space will help protect pipes from freezing and keep homes warmer.
- Use heating cables and insulation on pipes. These methods will keep pipes from freezing. Freezing pipes can burst, causing flooding when the ice thaws and water can flow. Flooding can damage a home's floors and walls and can ruin furniture, electronics and other valuables.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors. Some types of heating systems can emit carbon monoxide if damaged or not used correctly. A detector can sound the alarm on CO leaks. CO is odorless and colorless and can cause illness or death before the homeowner knows it is present in the home.
- Have the heating system serviced. Furnaces, boilers, HVAC systems and fireplaces should be inspected and maintained at least once a year. This helps them run without issue during very cold days and can prevent fire hazards.
"It may cost you some money to do some of these things or hire a contractor to have them done, but it will save you a lot more in damages and repair costs in the future," Hottle said. "Preparing for extreme weather can also help you protect your family from being exposed to damages that can make them uncomfortable, ill or worse. Protecting your home from the elements is simply safer in the long run."
More on Michimich.com
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics ® Offers Tetra CoolPeel Co2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Databloom's Blossom Achieves Faster and More Efficient Big Data Analytics
- Orchard Audio's New PecanPi®+ DAC and Streamer Feature AKM's Latest Flagship Chips
- Country Artist Ashley Wineland to Release Poignant Ballad 'I'm Going Home'; Announces Her 2023 National Tour
- Jennifer S. Wilkov Finalizes Lineup for the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference
For more information about C & C Heating & Air Conditioning, call (586) 439-3319.
About C & C Heating & Air Conditioning
C & C Heating & Air Conditioning is a Detroit-area heating and cooling company with more than six decades of expertise in installing and servicing all makes and models of heating and cooling equipment. Their technicians are highly trained and qualified and undergo annual background checks, random drug testing, extensive technical and customer service training and are North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certified. Services include HVAC maintenance and repair, duct cleaning, whole-home air filtration systems, indoor air quality systems and comprehensive maintenance agreements. For more information, call C & C Heating & Air Conditioning at (586) 439-3319 or visit their website at https://candcheat.com/
More on Michimich.com
- Doug Brownridge Joins STS Capital Partners
- CSC Motorcycles Announces New Twin Cylinder 650cc Sport Touring Model
- Cargill joins Selerant on stage at American Food Innovate 2023
- The In-N-Out Burger Financial Planning Story
- Cash Depot Appoints Tony Gaines as Chief Revenue Officer and Brand Ambassador
SOURCE C & C Heating & Air Conditioning
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- GP GLOBAL GROUP Secures $18M Sale of Shoppes at 41st Street Retail Plaza in Doral, Florida, with $11.5M CMBS Loan Assumption
- HLN's Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE) is continually updated to support new COVID-19 recommendations
- Subsneeded Signs Up 'First' Free Agent CM Soccer Player in Dearborn Michigan
- Schedule Your Track Day Prep for Your Porsche at ArborMotion
- Rewilding Ireland with Lord Dunsany and IrishTrees
- The Tokyo Rebels Announces the Release of Their Groundbreaking Whitepaper
- Armadillos with Benefits™ - PicPocket-Labs, Inc. details its plans/roadmap at SxSW for combining "location-based NFTs" and loyalty programs
- Microsoft-Backed HRtech Startup ZingHR Invests In SaaS Startup LokiBots
- World Sleep Day, why do we celebrate?
- HGR Alcohol Detox Centers in San Diego Accepts Most Health Insurances
- ShopCHARLI.com Launches Online Store With a Hot New Spring Collection that Doesn't Miss
- Congressman Mark Alford endorsed by Veterans for Trump on his 2024 re-election
- February 2023 Financial Market Review
- Bicycle Sunshade Expands Product Line with Two New Colors
- The Past Reflects A Future - Daniel Imperato 2024 Is Back Again. Which Party?
- City of Sterling Heights Cut Ribbon on New Bocce Barn
- Fridge Art Fair New York City May 2023
- Empowering SMEs: Innervation's Supply Chain Finance Solutions for Diverse Business Growth
- AdvisorVault Partners With Compliant Workspace to Help FINRA Firms Achieve 17a-4 Compliance on Microsoft 365
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Atlanta Area Residents!