- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces Credit Rating Outlook Boost as State Displays Strong Financial Position, Economic Recovery
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Payroll Fraud Enforcement Unit Shares Amazon Flex Settlement
- Armstrong International Charts Roadmap to Decarbonization, Joins Renewable Thermal Collaborative
May 7, 2021
Gov. Whitmer Signs Bipartisan Bill Providing Reimbursements to Michigan National Guard Soldiers who were deployed at the U.S. Capitol
LANSING, Mich. -- Today, Governor Whitmer signed House Bill 4019, which provides reimbursements to Michigan National Guard soldiers who were deployed at the U.S. Capitol earlier this year. Many Michigan National Guard members purchased meals out of pocket during this deployment because of inadequate food served through a third-party vendor. In early March, Governor Whitmer traveled to Washington, DC to meet with servicemembers during their lunch break to thank them for their service and acknowledge their sacrifice.
"I am grateful to the brave men and women of the Michigan National Guard for their service earlier this year protecting our nation's Capitol Building," said Governor Whitmer. "The Michigan National Guard has risen to the occasion over the past year as we responded to COVID-19, natural disasters, and civil unrest. It is unacceptable that our service members faced hardships of inadequate meals while serving our nation. I am delighted to sign this bipartisan bill to recognize Michigan National Guard members for their service."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Gaylord man arraigned on three charges after fleeing DNR conservation officer in Otsego County
- Michigan: Former Catholic School Teacher Pleads Guilty, MI AG Clergy Abuse Team Secures Fourth Conviction
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Leads Coalition in Fight to Preserve Billions of Dollars for Schools
- Michigan: Public Integrity Investigation Involving Macomb County Prosecutor Leads to Additional Guilty Plea
- Michigan: MSHDA Board approves Qualified Allocation Plan and loan commitments for affordable housing developments
Key provisions of HB 4019 include the following:
- The bill directs the Department of Military and Veteran Affairs (DMVA) to issue a one-time grant to eligible soldiers who were deployed to Washington, D.C. in support of the Capitol Response II mission at the United States Capitol within 45 days of receiving funds.
- The bills directs the DMVA divide the total amount donated, up to $110,000.00, by the number of eligible soldiers who deployed to establish an equal grant amount for each soldier.
This bill was sponsored by Rep. Thomas Albert, R - Lowell
A copy of HB 4019 can be found here.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MDCR Interim Director John E. Johnson Jr. Issues Statement on SCOTUS Ruling Upholding the Affordable Care Act
- Michigan: Lansing Avenue closed from Shirley Drive to Royal Drive in Jackson starting June 22 to rebuild bridge over I-94
- World Refugee Day highlights contributions of refugees, celebrates Michigan being a safe, welcoming state
- Michigan: AG Nessel Provides Update on Grand Traverse County Commissioner
- Auto Insurance Virtual Town Hall Offered to Michigan Consumers
To view the signing statement for HB 4019, click the link below.
Latest on Michimich.com
- The Coretec Group Enters Into Research Partnership With Eindhoven University of Technology
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency Announces June Business Resource Workshop, Featuring Our Cannabis
- AG Nessel Congratulates Department Staff Recognized by Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Mid-Michigan Region
- Industry Leaders Spotlight the New Payer Regulatory and Compliance Environment at Beacon Leadership Summit
- St Pete Talk joins the Canadian Snowbird Association talking Taxes | Snowbirds
- APX Founder Terri Ross Returns as a Featured Speaker at the 2021 AmSpa Medical Spa & Aesthetic Bootcamps
- CIMdata's President & CEO to Join a Webinar on PLM Evaluation and Digital Transformation
- New TrialAssure LINK Technology Saves Up to 4 Weeks from Plain Language Summary Writing
- OpenSSL 3.0 Release Candidate now available
- Protopia and University of Michigan Host Webinar on AI-Powered Networking in the Classroom
- Lineus Medical Expands US Distribution with CoMedical
- Ismail Sirdah's Tips for Finding the Perfect concert Venue
- Michigan: MDE Supports Federal Title IX Action Prohibiting Sexual Discrimination
- PEI Named Top Managed Services Provider in the United States
- Lake Michigan Credit Union Announces Acquisition of Pilot Bank of Tampa, Florida
- Michigan: AG Nessel, DIFS Remind Consumers to Watch Out for Callers Claiming to be from Health Departments
- ActivePipe empowering brokerages to stay relevant
- Tropidelic and JSG Live announce the inaugural EVERWILD Music Festival Aug 13 – 14, 2021 in Newark, OH
- MSG's Nick Suino Shares Marketing Tips