December 2, 2019
Governor Whitmer Joins Congresswomen Stevens, Slotkin to Encourage Michiganders to Get Covered During Open Enrollment
LANSING/TROY, Mich. -- Today, Governor Gretchen Whitmer hosted two roundtable events to encourage Michiganders to sign up for coverage during the ACA open enrollment period ending on Sunday, December 15. In the morning, the governor joined Congresswoman Haley Stevens (MI-11) at Beaumont Hospital in Troy. This afternoon, the governor joined Congresswoman Elissa Slotkin (MI-08) at Carefree Medical Clinic in Lansing.
"Every Michigander deserves access to quality, affordable health care," said Governor Whitmer. "Since the Trump administration has cut funding for the ACA enrollment promotion by nearly 90 percent, we must do everything we can to ensure that everyone knows what options are available to them to get covered. Signing up for coverage during open enrollment is simple, and there are resources available to everyone who wants help."
"Healthcare is a right, and we must work together to make it more affordable for working families," said Congresswoman Haley Stevens. "I am proud to join Governor Whitmer today to urge all Michiganders to sign up for comprehensive health coverage. She is working hard on the state level and I am fighting in Washington to push back against continued attempts to weaken the Affordable Care Act, causing healthcare costs to increase for everyone. We must remain vigilant in safeguarding protections for pre-existing conditions, and ensure everyone has access to quality, affordable healthcare."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: M-24/Turrill Road signal in Lapeer to begin flash mode by Dec. 12
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Domino's® GPS Delivery Tracking Technology Expanding into Stores Across the U.S.
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
"No one should ever go broke because they happen to get sick, and no family should have to decide whether they can afford to save the life of a loved one," Congresswoman Elissa Slotkin said. "That's why it's so important to sign up for health coverage through Healthcare.gov by December 15th. I'm proud to stand with Governor Whitmer to encourage folks to do so, as we work in Lansing and Washington to protect people with pre-existing conditions and push back on the Administration's attempts to undermine the ACA, threatening coverage for so many Michiganders who depend on it."
To enroll, Michiganders can visit HealthCare.gov and follow the instructions on the website. Also, to enroll or get assistance, people can call the Marketplace call center 24/7 (except Thanksgiving) during Open Enrollment at 1(800) 318-2596 and talk to a trained enrollment specialist.
Please see below for photos from today's events:
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MPSC accepts parts of Upper Peninsula Power Co.'s integrated resource plan, recommends changes
- Michigan: MPSC approves $19.9M rate increase for SEMCO Energy Gas Co.
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Lowers Flags in Observance of Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- Michigan: MI AG Nessel Charges Former Credit Union Teller with Embezzlement from Elderly Customer
- More than 11,000 blind, visually impaired Michiganders receive services over 50-year span
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Files Brief in Supreme Court Regarding State Funding of Nonpublic Schools
- Michigan: Community Engagement Advisory Committee for Benton Harbor Area Schools Holding Outreach Meetings
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announces new initiative aimed at job training for Michigan vets during two-day Silicon Valley mission
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency to Hold Public Meeting in Flint on Monday
- Michigan: Roundabout at Blair Townhall Road added to 2021 M-37 center left-turn lane project
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Synlio on Sale to Boston-Based Building Engines
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- Debut Author Karen Wolff's THE GREEN YEARS Is a Compelling Post-WWI Coming-of-age Story
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Number of renewable energy installations up by 57% in Michigan in 2018
- Michigan: Strampel Permanently Surrenders License to Practice Medicine; Ordered to Pay $35,000 Fine
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award