- Michigan: MSHDA rolls out online application tool for COVID Emergency Rental Assistance
- Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights on the Passing of Elbert Hatchett
- Statement from the Michigan Black Leadership Advisory Council (BLAC) on COVID-19 Protocols and Vaccine Hesitancy in the Black Community
For immediate release: February 24, 2021
Media contact: Jessy Sielski, 517-331-1151
Program contact: Donna LaCourt, 517-614-5518
LANSING, MI – The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is now accepting applications for its annual "Michigan Agriculture Exporter of the Year" award. Each year, MDARD recognizes a leading food or agriculture exporter for its efforts to increase exports of Michigan food and agriculture products. Applicants may also be considered for the "Rising Star" award, which is reserved for new companies or companies new to exporting.
Companies of all sizes are encouraged to apply. Eligibility is limited to Michigan food and agriculture producers, manufacturers, or shippers that are aggressively pursuing international markets and increasing export sales. Products must be more than 50 percent grown, processed, or manufactured in Michigan.
The winner of the award is selected by international trade industry representatives based on export growth, innovation, and the pursuit of new export markets.
More on Michimich.com
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- Public asked to help guide Michigan's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050
- Michigan: Lane closures on US-31 bascule bridge in Manistee next two weeks for exploratory soil borings
- Michigan: DNR's Eastern UP Citizens' Advisory Council to meet in virtual session
The award was first awarded in 2006. Previous winners include Kamps Hardwoods, Sklarczyk Seed Farm, Dr. John's Candies, Bayside Best Beans, Star of the West Milling, Continental Dairy, Connor Sports, Graceland Fruit, Cherry Central, Zeeland Farm Service, Walters Gardens, Honee Bear Canning, Cooperative Elevator Company, and Michigan Apple Committee.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 16, 2021.
For more information and an application, visit the Michigan Ag Exporter of the Year Award webpage or contact Donna LaCourt at 517-614-5518.
Follow MDARD's Agriculture Development Division on social media:
Latest on Michimich.com
- Stellantis Introduces New Mopar '21 Ram 1500 Special Edition in North America
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
- Michigan: Maintenance on northbound I-69 off ramp to Cochran Road in Eaton County starts April 19
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Anthony Tolbert, #182928
- Michigan: Help prevent the spread of oak wilt: Avoid pruning or wounding oak trees between April 15 and July 15
- Michigan: Notice of Issuance of One or More Series of Up To $700 Million Limited Obligation Revenue Bonds (Federally Taxable) in June 2021
- Michigan: AG Nessel Prevails in Tethers for Wolverine Watchmen
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- ArborMotion Updates Their Website
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- Mary Free Bed Dishes Up New Dining Services for Patients
- 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Earns Good Housekeeping Best Hybrid Minivan Honors
- Michigan: Unemployment Extended Benefits program ends April 17
- Michigan: AG Nessel Files Embezzlement Charges Against Former EGLE Employee
- Michigan: Work on Burns Street overpass replacement requires closing a lane on westbound I-94 in Detroit
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Partners with Responsibility.org to Prevent Underage Drinking During Alcohol Responsibility Month
- Michigan: M-53 closed Friday night, April 16, for culvert replacement at Stiles Road in Lapeer County