- Michigan: MSHDA rolls out online application tool for COVID Emergency Rental Assistance
- Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights on the Passing of Elbert Hatchett
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of William Parran, #152055
Meijer kicked of its donation series recently with the delivery of 6,000 frozen turkeys to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank's weekly food distribution event where they were immediately loaded into the vehicles of the food bank's clients.
"While progress is being made against the pandemic, we understand the impact it's made remains a challenge for many people," Meijer President & CEO Rick Keyes said. "Meijer cares about our communities, and we wanted to do our part to help those in need. We appreciate the partnership with the Cleveland Browns to help ensure the Greater Cleveland Food Bank has what it needs to serve the community."
In total, the retailer is donating 50,000 frozen Meijer and Honeysuckle turkeys to several of its food bank partners that include:
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana in Fort Wayne
- Dare to Care in Louisville
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin in Milwaukee
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana in South Bend
- Forgotten Harvest in Oak Park, Mich.
- Gleaners Detroit
- Gleaners Indianapolis
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank
- Hunger Task Force in Milwaukee
- Northern Illinois Food Bank in Geneva
"It takes many caring people to fight hunger in our communities and we are so grateful to Meijer for including the Greater Cleveland Food Bank, as well as many other food banks, in their efforts to provide much needed protein to hungry families," said Patty Eilmann, Vice President of Food Resources. "Many people will be able to enjoy a nutritious meal because of the generosity of Meijer. On behalf of the Food Bank and the many clients we serve, thank you."
More on Michimich.com
- Congratulations to the latest companies earning MVP status
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- Public asked to help guide Michigan's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050
- Michigan: Lane closures on US-31 bascule bridge in Manistee next two weeks for exploratory soil borings
In addition to the turkey donation, Guard Joel Bitonio from the Cleveland Browns and Chomps, the mascot, attended the event to help volunteers distribute food and generate excitement for those in attendance. All COVID-19 guidelines were followed.
"We appreciate the opportunity to be part of Meijer's launch event for such a generous community initiative that will impact many lives and food banks across the Midwest, including the Greater Cleveland Food Bank and Northeast Ohio families in need," Browns Vice President of Community Relations Jenner Tekancic said. "Meijer and the Greater Cleveland Food Bank have been dedicated to helping families in need throughout the pandemic, and we are proud to partner with them for this important food-relief effort and other meaningful community programs throughout the year. We are grateful for everyone who continues to give back, volunteer and step up to help out today and always."
This series of turkey donations is in addition to the turkeys Meijer donated during the holiday season, and the more than $7.6 million it donated in 2020 to help feed hungry families across the Midwest through its Simply Give program.
"The events of this year have taught us all the importance of community members supporting each other," said Cathy Cooper, Senior Director of Community Partnerships and Giving at Meijer. "We appreciate the need our food bank partners are facing every day and wanted to do our part to help them feed the hungry in their communities."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: DNR's Eastern UP Citizens' Advisory Council to meet in virtual session
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Charges Benton Harbor Man
- Michigan: US-2 Dickinson County resurfacing project starts April 26
- Michigan: Reminder: Ongoing bridge work requires closing I-75 this weekend in Oakland County
- Michigan: Former Osceola County Sheriff's Deputy Sentenced for Series of Child Sex Crimes, Felony Drug Charges
About Meijer: Meijer is a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer that operates 256 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin. A privately-owned and family-operated company since 1934, Meijer pioneered the "one-stop shopping" concept and has evolved through the years to include expanded fresh produce and meat departments, as well as pharmacies, comprehensive apparel departments, pet departments, garden centers, toys and electronics. For additional information on Meijer, please visit www.meijer.com. Follow Meijer on Twitter @twitter.com/Meijer and @twitter.com/MeijerPR or become a fan at www.facebook.com/meijer.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel Files Embezzlement Charges Against Former EGLE Employee
- Michigan: Work on Burns Street overpass replacement requires closing a lane on westbound I-94 in Detroit
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Partners with Responsibility.org to Prevent Underage Drinking During Alcohol Responsibility Month
- Michigan: M-53 closed Friday night, April 16, for culvert replacement at Stiles Road in Lapeer County
- New Partnership to FightCybercrime Launching Program to Support the Military and Veteran Community
- Eaton Engineer Recognized as One of SME's 25 Leaders in Smart Manufacturing
- Health Insurance Virtual Town Hall Offered to Michigan Consumers
- Michigan: Spring steelhead egg collection on Little Manistee River set to start Tuesday
- Michigan: Treasury: Taxpayers Reminded About Individual Income Tax Deadline Change
- Michigan: Ypsilanti Man Sentenced After Embezzling More Than 100K from Elderly Victim
- Anthology of Award-Winning Books Explores Global Concerns in a Child-friendly Format
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Mike Morse Law Firm's Podcast, Open Mike, Releases Landmark 100th Episode
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
- Michigan temporarily pausing use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine based on FDA and CDC guidanceFDA and CDC are reviewing six cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot
- Michigan: Detroit casinos report $113.84 million in March monthly revenue while operating at limited capacity
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Announces Settlement with Ferrellgas Over Alleged Violations of Consumer Protection Laws
- Michigan: MDOT hosting virtual public meeting for M-37 repaving and Battle Creek Linear Park Trail temporary closure