December 20, 2019
LANSING – As consumers scramble to finalize their holiday shopping, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel today issued a consumer alert urging credit card users to be mindful of a new scam where thieves collect personal information when swiping their card.
By hacking the merchant's point-of-sale networks, thieves are finding ways to steal credit card information from transactions made via card readers. The alert provides tips to avoid this invasion of privacy, including using a chip-reader and swiping with credit instead of debit.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MSHDA Board establishes $2M modular home program, announces nearly $150M in rental housing bond sales and approves pursuit of Mobility Voucher Demonstration program
- Michigan: M-24 project in northern Oakland County expected to be complete in early December
- Michigan: MDARD podcast series sheds light on hemp exports, invasive species, more
- Michigan: AG Nessel Files Brief in Support of States' Authority to Regulate Price-gouging
- 6-Year Old First-Time Author Kai Mahalyn Tampol
View the consumer alert here.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: I-75 concrete repairs north of Mackinac Bridge start Sept. 28
- Michigan: I-75 weigh station project in Mackinac County starts Sept. 28
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
- BorgWarner Supply Chain Manager Kelly Zhu Receives Women in Manufacturing STEP Ahead Award
- Kupper Mounts Vacuum-Powered, Suction Cup Bike Racks Now for Sale Now through Shopify & KupperMounts.com for Customers Living in the United States
- Michigan: Notification of Medical Marijuana Product Recall
- Michigan: Virtual Job Fair in October Addresses Shortage of Direct Care Workers During COVID-19
- Michigan: MRA's Social Equity Program Announces Second Business Resource Workshop, Featuring Cannas Capital
- Michigan: MPSC rejects Consumers Energy request to charge customers for natural gas replacement costs related to Ray compressor station fire
- Michigan: AG Nessel, EGLE File Lawsuit Against Slater Farms Entities for Polluting Public Waterways with Animal Waste
- Michigan: AG Nessel Announces $60M Multistate Settlement with Surgical Mesh Provider CR Bard
- New live video network for students enhances college social life and campus entertainment
- Mom-Oriented UX Design Coaching Program Offers Newest Opportunity for Success from You Are TechY
- TLC Cleaning owner Trisha Lake expands to open company's 3rd location
- Soldiers Sentry Shows the world love with new video
- Michigan: MPSC seeks recommendations for updated integrated resource planning to consider Gov. Whitmer's goals to reduce emissions
- Absentee ballots mailed today, early voting begins in Michigan
- Michigan: Drivers risk tickets after license, vehicle registration extension expires Sept. 30
- Michigan: I-75 lane shift requires northbound single-lane closures in Oakland County
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Coalition Supporting Federal Court Order Shutting Down Dakota Access Pipeline