Friday, March 13, 2020
CONTACT: Mike Murray, 517-335-2020
PLAINWELL, Mich.—In accordance with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services' recommendations designed to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), all programs at the Michigan Career and Technical Institute (MCTI) will be cancelled/postponed beginning Monday, March 16 through Sunday, April 5.
MCTI is operated by Michigan Rehabilitation Services, which is a part of the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity. MCTI strives to promote the integration of Michiganders with disabilities into both the competitive workplace and society. Students can enroll in technical training programs in a variety of industries.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MPSC urges homeowners and contractors to postpone nonessential excavation, make free call to 811 before digging
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Comments on UP Energy Task Force Report on Propane, Urges Prompt Planning to Prepare for Shutdown of Enbridge Line 5
- Refereum, DLive, Tron, and Bittorrent Team Together to Reward Users for Social Distancing During COVID-19
- Michigan: Detroit casinos' quarterly, March aggregate revenues fall as COVID-19 halts gaming
- Healthcare Coverage Available to Michiganders who Lose Job or Experience a Drop in Income
MCTI, together with local medical consultants, made the decision to close to better ensure the safety of their students.
For more information on MCTI, visit Michigan.gov/MCTI.
Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO) provides the connections, expertise and innovative solutions to drive continued business growth, build vibrant communities, create affordable housing, generate tourism and attract and retain key talent to fill Michigan's vast pipeline of opportunities.
Learn more about LEO at www.michigan.gov/LEO
Latest on Michimich.com
- NOKR Urges Preparedness During COVID-19 Global Emergency
- City of Sterling Heights issues instructions for public participation in video conference of April 7
- Datavalet Helps Teams Work Remotely During Covid-19 Crisis
- Kellogg Company Sets Date for 2020 First Quarter Results Conference Call / Webcast
- Cochrane Tech Services Expands Virtual Training Program to Support Building Automation Professionals
- Sterling Heights: TDIC and Henry Ford Health System team up to combat COVID-19
- BizStream Achieves Kentico Quality Expert Certification
- Toth Team Worldwide Network Welcomes Ann Arbor Area Real Estate Expert Buyers' Agent Lauren Kartje
- COVID-19 Deep Cleaning Services for Metro Detroit Business Districts
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
- Castellex Adds Positive Air Pressure Feature to their Air Filtration Systems for Battling Coronavirus
- The Sports Circus Rockets into Greater Houston
- Alpha Energy Management Wins SunPower 2019 Commercial National Rising Star Award
- Autonomous Inc. Steps Up to Help Local Hospitals Fight COVID-19
- Meijer Announces New Efforts to Keep Customers and Team Members Safe
- Seniors can get meals safely in Michigan during COVID-19 outbreak; State wants to increase public awareness of meals program
- Michigan: MDARD to offer private pesticide applicators an alternate option to take certification exams
- Michigan: AG Recognizes Big Box Retailer for Efforts to Slow Spread of COVID-19
- Michigan: AG's Office, Kalamazoo County Prosecutor Send Cease and Desist Letter to Car Wash Violating Executive Order
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation