Lansing, MI— The Michigan Civil Rights Commission will meet on Monday, November 18 at 5 p.m. in Detroit to finalize the search process for a new executive director. The Commission's regular meeting will be held at Cadillac Place, 3054 Grand Blvd., Detroit MI in suite 3-600.
Commissioners will finalize a job description for the post of executive director, as well as detail where the job announcement will be listed. The Commission will also select a committee made up of Commissioners to screen applicants.
In addition to the search process, Commissioners will establish their 2020 initiatives. The Commission will consider task forces on minority and women-owned businesses, the use of zoning as a form of discrimination and guardianship abuse. Other initiatives may be considered.
An update on the status of developing and implementing an enumeration study on the current status of migrant and seasonal farm workers (MSFW) will be discussed. This is a study that reviews the working and living conditions, pay and population of MSFW in Michigan.
More on Michimich.com
- PEL Labs Now Offers Dropbox Service!
- Amazon confirms opening of new "last-mile" delivery station in Sterling Heights
- American BioDefense Institute Commends Congressman Gosar For BioSecurity Amendment
- MOTOR FleetCross Now Integrated with Fullbay
- 2nd Annual Mile High Denver Boutique Week!
The full agenda for Monday's meeting is available online.
The Michigan Civil Rights Commission was created by the Michigan Constitution to safeguard constitutional and legal guarantees against discrimination. The Michigan Department of Civil Rights, the investigational arm of the Michigan Civil Rights Commission, is charged with investigating and resolving discrimination complaints and working to prevent discrimination through educational programs that promote voluntary compliance with civil rights laws. The Department also provides information and services to businesses on diversity initiatives and equal employment law.
11-18-19 Agenda Final
Latest on Michimich.com
- ASI Introduces "iMIS Inspire for Virtual Conferences Powered by OpenWater"
- NACCE Launched Partnership with Uplift Now
- With an eye toward safety, Sterling Heights opens new Election Center, adds ballot drop boxes
- Black Female Talk Show Host Launches Community of Professionals To Help Bring Multiracial Business Owners & Entrepreneurs Together
- The 100 Best Places To Buy A Vacation Rental in 2020. Report Download Now Available
- Atlantic Cruising Yachts Expanding to Texas with New Partnership: ACY Texas
- Working parent support is not just for mommas. Working parenthood takes a Villyge
- Clearwater Living Opens Clearwater at Sonoma Hills, an Assisted Living and Memory Support Community
- Joel Lindholm Head of CBRS LTE/5G at Facebook to Keynote the Connected Virtual Tech Event
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, CA Opens
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Is Your Commercial Cleaning and Building Maintenance Partner
- CIMdata's President & CEO, Peter Bilello, to Participate in a Webinar on Easier Ways to do
- The Positive Patriot: Robert Dempster Joins The Radio Team at WDTK - The Patriot
- Brooks Bell Launches Inaugural Report, Setting Industry Standard for Experimentation Programs
- Women in Quantum Summit launch event
- JT Legal Group Recognizes the Pandemic of Nursing Home Abuse during COVID-19
- Ocean Conservation Nonprofit, OctoNation, 1 of 14 in North America Accepted to Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- AI.Reverie Awarded $1.5M AFWERX Phase 2 SBIR Contract from U.S. Air Force
- Acumentrics Announces New Website Launch
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic