Media Contact: Matt Helms 517-284-8300
Customer Assistance: 800-292-9555
LANSING, Mich. — The Michigan Public Service Commission wants to remind Michigan businesses and residents that Michigan's natural gas price comparison website is a valuable resource to help them make informed decisions when choosing a natural gas provider or evaluating their current rates.
The MPSC is encouraged that hundreds of thousands of people have visited the CompareMIGas website since it was launched in October 2015.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Department of State to mail 250,000 applications to serve on Redistricting Commission
- Governor Whitmer Applauds USDA Disaster Designation for Michigan Counties
- As utility scam complaints rise in Michigan, MPSC urges customers to be on alert
- AG Nessel: Sec. DeVos's Automatic Debt Forgiveness for Arts Institute of Michigan Students is the Right Call
- Michigan: DNR seeks tips about bull elk poached in Pigeon River Country
The website features the rates currently offered by all alternative gas suppliers actively marketing or enrolling customers in Michigan, as well as the basic terms and conditions of offers. The website also features the current MPSC-regulated gas cost recovery rates charged by the four natural gas utilities that offer natural gas choice in their service territories: DTE Gas Company, Consumers Energy Company, SEMCO Energy Gas Company and Michigan Gas Utilities Corporation.
As of September, 363,690 customers statewide participated in the Gas Customer Choice Program. About 76 percent of Michigan households heat with natural gas.
If you're considering purchasing your natural gas through an alternative gas supplier, be sure to shop around. Browse the CompareMIGas website to compare rates, but be sure you understand the terms and conditions before signing a contract, and always be mindful of who is supplying your natural gas and the rate you are paying. The MPSC encourages customers to regularly monitor their energy bills.
More on Michimich.com
- NYC Church Takes A Radical Approach To Grief During Thanksgiving Weekend
- 2020 Michigan Economic Forecast Forum To Be Held January 9 In East Lansing
- GIA Wellness Introduces Two Revolutionary Skin Nourishment Products
- Henry Ford Village's Management Company Ranked #1 In J.D. Power Study
- 7pace Releases Timetracker 5 with new Dashboards for Azure DevOps
For more information about the Gas Customer Choice Program, click here.
The MPSC's consumer tip sheet on natural gas customer choice includes a checklist for those who are considering switching to an alternative gas supplier.
For information about the MPSC, visit www.Michigan.gov/MPSC, sign up for one of its listservs, or follow the Commission on Twitter.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Governor Whitmer Announces Trip to Strengthen Michigan Business Ties with Israel
- Newest Digital Media Solutions Office Named Top Workplace In San Diego
- AF Group Employees Raise $294,000 for Charities
- Michigan: MDE to Request Federal Waivers for Summer Food Service Program
- Serpmart Digital Marketing, Wholesale Web Design and Digital Marketing Services For Businesses That Want Growth
- Hurdle Realty Celebrates Half a Century of Bringing Home the American Dream
- Singapore FinTech Festival 2019 Reinvents IT industry
- GM Books' Collaborative-Publishing Model as A Win-Win For Authors and The Publisher
- PearlFection Dentistry invests in state of the art Cone Beam CT scanner (3D imaging), Panoramic X-ray System, and Cephalometric X-ray system
- Bob Holz to Release New Album with Rolling Stones Bassist Darryl Jones
- Competitive Financial Solutions for Business Development
- Globemaker Introduces New Handcrafted, Geographical Globes For Homes, Schools, Offices
- Michigan: EGLE to ease permitting process for sandbags as temporary measure against shoreline erosion
- Michigan: Snowbirds reminded to renew early
- Third Coast Bakery Wins National Award From PETA
- Tarps Now® Expands Mesh Tarps Providing Wide Range of Exposure Levels and Applications
- Michigan's firearm deer season drives tradition, economic gains
- Michigan Education Trust to Reopen Enrollment Dec. 1, Allowing Purchasers to Meet Tax Deduction Deadline
- Michigan: MDHHS issues RFP for fetal alcohol spectrum disorder programming
- Michigan: AG Nessel Kicks Off Robocall Crackdown Effort with State and Federal Partners