- Governor Whitmer Encourages Michiganders to Obtain Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests, Saving Families Hundreds Per Month
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Statement on Nomination of Lisa Cook
- Michigan: Menominee Township Man Sentenced in U.P. Assault with Intent to do Great Bodily Harm Case
"Kristen's life's work has been about promoting justice and due process," said Presiding Officer Christine Green. "Kristen has shown remarkable patience and vision in her role as a Regional Manager for MIDC, and these qualities will serve her well as Executive Director. Her knowledge of how all the components of the criminal justice system fit together will help guide the Commission's important work moving forward. She has demonstrated an ability to build strong relationships with all partners in the criminal justice system across all levels of government."
Ms. Staley previously served the MIDC as its South-Central Michigan Regional Manager, where she oversaw the compliance of MIDC standards and development of best practices in public defense among twelve counties. Prior to joining the MIDC, Kristen was the Deputy Director of the Michigan Council on Crime and Delinquency, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing effective policies and practices within the adult and youth justice systems.
More on Michimich.com
- Former US Navy Pirate Hunter Justin Myers Announces New Speaking Program
- Arizona Pest Control Becomes First Pest Control Company In The World To Launch NFT Collection
- President and CEO of Huizenga Group, Steve Klotz, gifts $1 million to Eastern Michigan University College of Business
- OGLife Multiverse Embraces a Staple of Internet Culture in its Partnership with YouMeme as the Metaverse of Memes
- AttaBox's Heartland® Polycarbonate Enclosures Now Feature Reliable Foam-In-Place Gaskets
Kristen is Co-Director of the Midwest Juvenile Defender Center and a member of the National Juvenile Defender Center's national advisory board. She also worked as a legal advocate in the Vermont Legal Aid's Health Care Ombudsman Office, was an appellate clerk with the Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy's Juvenile Post-Disposition Unit and is an experienced facilitator of restorative justice panels. Kristen received her B.A. from American University and J.D. from the University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law.
The MIDC selected Ms. Staley to fill the role of Executive Director after an application and interview process that began last July when former Executive Director Loren Khogali stepped down. The Commission interviewed six candidates for the position at a public meeting in late October and announced its selection at a public meeting on November 22, 2021.
More information about the MIDC is available on the MIDC website.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Productivity Engineering Services LLC (PES) Celebrates its 30th Anniversary
- FairySwap DEX Launches with Radical Community-Oriented Tokenomics
- Star-Studded Fundraising Event To Celebrate Harry Belafonte's 95th Birthday & 10th Anniversary of Sankofa.org
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Heartland Closes out a Historic Year with its 24th Acquisition
- TrueDialog Awarded "Most Promising Salesforce Solution Provider 2021" by CIOReview
- Legal Consultation App Lawmato Hires First General Counsel and Director of Operations
- Diversified Roofing Solutions Brings to Town Quick and Efficient Roof Installation and Repair Services
- New electric vehicles launching at Work Truck Week 2022
- New AxiaGram Mobile Communication App by HiMS Provides Health Care Professionals Ability to Transform Where, When and How Patient Care is Delivered
- Free Webinar on Minimum Model-Based Design for Type Design Certification
- SpartanNash Welcomes Bennett Morgan as SVP, Chief Merchandising Officer
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation celebrates sixth annual National Day of Racial Healing
- PhaseZero Offers CxAnalytics and Data-as-a-Service Solution with Roadmap to Deliver Enterprise AI Applications for Manufacturing Companies
- SecurCapital Corp announces major Q1 portfolio expansion
- O2 Investment Partners Announces Promotions
- Window acquires Fintech Drift to provide differentiated insights into the future of finance and ESG
- Quavo, Inc. Announces Completion of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- Top InsurTech Startup Pendella Expands Into PEO Market With Employ Source
- Turkey VPS with KVM Hypervisor Windows or Linux Cloud Hosting Solution by Onlive Server