- Michigan: Voters can register and cast ballot in one trip ahead of Nov. 2 elections
- World premiere viola composition featured during Michigan Philharmonic's November performance
- GT Medical Technologies Wins Prestigious Innovator of the Year Award at the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation
August 31, 2021
Lt. Governor Gilchrist II Named as Midwest Region Chair of the National Lieutenant Governors Association
LANSING, Mich. - Lt. Governor Gilchrist II was today named as Midwest Region Chair for the National Lieutenant Governors Association (NLGA). NLGA is the professional association supporting lieutenant governors and the officeholders first in line of succession to governor in all 50 states and the U.S. territories in the goal of being as effective and as efficient as possible for constituents.
"I am humbled to be elected by my counterparts as Midwest Region Chair for the NLGA," said Lt. Governor Gilchrist II. "Since day one in office, my focus has been to get things done to better connect people, improve quality of life, and create access to opportunity. I am committed to working with my peers in the NLGA to find creative solutions to strengthen our Midwest states so that our nation will emerge from the pandemic stronger than ever."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Video documents M-185 Mackinac Island repair project
- Michigan: US-12/M-50 intersection culvert replacements in Brooklyn begin Monday
- Michigan: AG Nessel Urges U.S. Supreme Court To Halt Unconstitutional Texas Abortion Ban Through Multistate Amicus Brief
- Michigan: US-127 lane closures at M-50 in Jackson County begin Tuesday for deck repairs
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
"His peers find Lt. Governor Gilchrist to be an engaged leader who works across party, state, regional, and territorial lines to develop and share ideas said NLGA Director Julia Brossart. "From fighting racial health disparities to increasing access to broadband, Lt. Governor Gilchrist is committed to enacting positive change in Michigan."
Lt. Governor Gilchrist was appointed by a bi-partisan vote of his peers and his service begins immediately. He will serve through July of 2022.
The committee meets about three times a year and is responsible for charting the course of issues and professional development to be pursued by the nation's second-highest state officeholders. In addition to its specific duties, the committee addresses issues of mutual concern to all states and territories.
As part of the Whitmer Administration, Lt. Governor Gilchrist has sought to address injustice and inequity across our state at every level. From co-chairing the Michigan Joint Task Force on Jail and Pretrial Incarceration to helming the Coronavirus Task Force on Racial Disparities, these task forces have taken actions that saved lives and protect our most vulnerable populations. Lt. Governor Gilchrist's approach to addressing these disparities is deeply rooted in fact-based practices, science, and connecting with individuals across Michigan.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Consumer Advocacy Continues During MPSC's Technical Conference
- 07:15 ET Alfa Romeo Introduces 'Near Life Experience' Global Advertising Campaign at the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix
- The History of the Entrepreneur and Business Owner Ismail Sirdah
- Governor Whitmer Celebrates Michigan Winning Economic Development Award
- Security Guard Services & Private Investigation Services & Security Systems Services - In Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, - LiGER Security
- Detroit Sewn Launches New Option for American Made Hoodies
- Michigan: LARA Hosts Child Care Provider Access Fairs to Help Open New Sites
- Michigan: $15.8 million grant will increase career pathways for individuals with disabilities
- Michigan: Timber Harvester Pleads Guilty to Felony
- Automation Intellect Closes a Major Funding Round
- CBC Releases Leica Geosystems BLK247 Smart 3D Surveillance System now available in two versions and integrated with CORTROL VMS
- State Police names St. Clair County resident as 2020 Michigan Professional Emergency Manager of the Year
- Michigan: Consumer Advisory: MDARD finds numerous credit card skimmer devices during blitz
- State of Michigan works with local partners to ensure Benton Harbor residents have safe water following main break
- Michigan: 10-digit dialing requirement for every local call starts Sunday for telephone users in 616, 810, 906 and 989 area codes
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Bipartisan Coalition in Supporting Local Journalism
- Michigan: DNR confirms recent cougar photo from Dickinson County
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense