- Michigan: Voters can register and cast ballot in one trip ahead of Nov. 2 elections
- World premiere viola composition featured during Michigan Philharmonic's November performance
- GT Medical Technologies Wins Prestigious Innovator of the Year Award at the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation
M-3 (Gratiot Avenue)
12 Mile Road
NORTHBOUND M-3 TRAFFIC SHIFT:
Monday, Sept. 27, 2021
6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
UTICA ROAD CROSSOVER CLOSURE:
Monday, Sept. 27, 2021
12 MILE ROAD CLOSURE BEGINS:
Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2021
12 MILE ROAD REOPENS:
Monday, Oct. 11, 2021
PHASE 1 PROJECT COMPLETION DATE:
Late Fall 2021
OVERALL PROJECT END DATE:
Beginning at 6 a.m. Monday, Sept. 27, the next stage of the Rebuilding M-3 project will shift traffic from the inside left lanes onto the newly rebuilt outside right lanes. Northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane on M-3 (Gratiot Avenue) between 11 Mile Road and 13 Mile Road in order to paint new lane markings, move barrels, etc., to safely shift traffic. The shift should be completed by 6 p.m. and then two lanes will be opened, weather permitting.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Video documents M-185 Mackinac Island repair project
- Michigan: US-12/M-50 intersection culvert replacements in Brooklyn begin Monday
- Michigan: AG Nessel Urges U.S. Supreme Court To Halt Unconstitutional Texas Abortion Ban Through Multistate Amicus Brief
- Michigan: US-127 lane closures at M-50 in Jackson County begin Tuesday for deck repairs
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
As part of the M-3 project, the northbound M-3 direct left-turn movement to northbound Utica Road will close permanently on Monday. Northbound M-3 traffic heading for northbound Utica Road will be directed to the next open crossover. The new configuration of Utica Road will allow through-movement from the legs east and west of M-3, resulting in safer access for both motorists and pedestrians.
Beginning at 6 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 28, through Monday, Oct. 11, 12 Mile Road will be closed at M-3 to rebuild the median lanes at the intersection. Only local traffic will be allowed on 12 Mile Road between M-97 (Groesbeck Highway) and I-94. During this stage, the 12 Mile Road closure will allow contractors to replace sewers, curb and gutter, sidewalk, and pavement at the intersection.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: DNR's Western UP Citizens' Advisory Council to meet in Marquette County
- Michigan: M-28 Munising project winds down for the season
- Michigan: Geddes Road ramp to US-23 closed for bridge hit damage inspection
- Beautyforever Hair Halloween Sale: Up to 58% Off
- Two Women From Different Countries Create a Skincare Brand That Illuminates Melanin Skin
12 Mile Road detours:
- Eastbound 12 Mile Road traffic will be detoured via southbound M-97 to eastbound I-696, then eastbound 11 Mile Road (Exit 28) to northbound Little Mack Avenue to get back to eastbound 12 Mile Road.
- Westbound 12 Mile Road traffic will be detoured via southbound Little Mack Avenue to westbound 11 Mile Road, then westbound I-696 to northbound M-97 (Exit 26) to get back to westbound 12 Mile Road.
Pedestrians looking to cross Gratiot Avenue will be detoured to the crosswalk at Common Road.
For more information about this project, visit https://www.MovingMacomb.org/.
This project will result in a smoother driving surface on M-3. New sewer systems will also improve drainage throughout the corridor. Ride quality and safety will be improved for motorists and pedestrians.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Bipartisan Coalition in Supporting Local Journalism
- Michigan: DNR confirms recent cougar photo from Dickinson County
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense
- 12:05 ET OST Reports: Hospitals move to the cloud at record pace
- Parallel Breaks Ground on Apartment Project at Northgate
- Michigan: AG Nessel, LARA Warn Licensees of Imposter Scams
- Cygnet Institute Earns Fiduciary Excellence Certification
- myLAB Box Offers Self-Testing to Help People Regain Their Everyday Lives
- Keisha Allen Releasing Book 'Engaged: 9 Key Principles to Activate Your Life' October 25th
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Anthony Lynch, #146972
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Larry Baublitz, #164353
- Tri-Service Open Architecture Interoperability Demonstration to Focus on Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Innovations in March 2022 Event
- Michigan: I-96 joint sealing in Livingston County begins Friday night
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Signs Legislation Funding Environmental Protection and Hazardous Waste Management
- Spark Design Awards 2021 Deadline Breaking News
- Professional Model Holly Sonders Has a New Love Life with Oscar de la Hoya and is Taking Social Media by Storm Making Six Figures a Month
- City of Sterling Heights Department of Public Works Cuts Ribbon on New Facility
- Michigan Hemp Farmers encouraged to participate in first federal Hemp Acreage and Production Survey