- Michigan: Voters can register and cast ballot in one trip ahead of Nov. 2 elections
- World premiere viola composition featured during Michigan Philharmonic's November performance
- GT Medical Technologies Wins Prestigious Innovator of the Year Award at the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation
As the agency responsible for implementing and administering the laws governing commercial licensure of the marijuana industry in Michigan, the Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) recognizes the importance of equity in opportunity for businesses operating in this newly legalized industry.
The Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act - passed by Michigan voters in 2018 - directed the MRA to create a plan "to promote and encourage participation in the marijuana industry by people from communities that have been disproportionately impacted by marijuana prohibition and enforcement and to positively impact those communities."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Video documents M-185 Mackinac Island repair project
- Michigan: US-12/M-50 intersection culvert replacements in Brooklyn begin Monday
- Michigan: AG Nessel Urges U.S. Supreme Court To Halt Unconstitutional Texas Abortion Ban Through Multistate Amicus Brief
- Michigan: US-127 lane closures at M-50 in Jackson County begin Tuesday for deck repairs
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
As the MRA implemented and expanded this plan, it became clear that the broad language of the statute was not enough to address the specific issue of racial inequities within the commercial industry. Accordingly, the MRA established a Racial Equity Advisory Workgroup, composed of state and local officials and industry stakeholders.
This workgroup was charged with developing policy ideas and recommendations to address the disparities in ownership and participation in the marijuana industry by people of color and establishing the State of Michigan as a leader in diversity, equity, and inclusion in the marijuana industry.
The social equity team has already compiled a list of over 100 individuals who are interested in pursuing partnerships through the JVPP. If your business or organization is interested in connecting with social equity participants, please visit the JVPP website.
For more details regarding the social equity program, please visit www.michigan.gov/mra.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Consumer Advocacy Continues During MPSC's Technical Conference
- 07:15 ET Alfa Romeo Introduces 'Near Life Experience' Global Advertising Campaign at the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix
- The History of the Entrepreneur and Business Owner Ismail Sirdah
- Governor Whitmer Celebrates Michigan Winning Economic Development Award
- Security Guard Services & Private Investigation Services & Security Systems Services - In Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, - LiGER Security
- Detroit Sewn Launches New Option for American Made Hoodies
- Michigan: LARA Hosts Child Care Provider Access Fairs to Help Open New Sites
- Michigan: $15.8 million grant will increase career pathways for individuals with disabilities
- Michigan: Timber Harvester Pleads Guilty to Felony
- Automation Intellect Closes a Major Funding Round
- CBC Releases Leica Geosystems BLK247 Smart 3D Surveillance System now available in two versions and integrated with CORTROL VMS
- State Police names St. Clair County resident as 2020 Michigan Professional Emergency Manager of the Year
- Michigan: Consumer Advisory: MDARD finds numerous credit card skimmer devices during blitz
- State of Michigan works with local partners to ensure Benton Harbor residents have safe water following main break
- Michigan: 10-digit dialing requirement for every local call starts Sunday for telephone users in 616, 810, 906 and 989 area codes
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Bipartisan Coalition in Supporting Local Journalism
- Michigan: DNR confirms recent cougar photo from Dickinson County
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense