- Michigan: MSHDA rolls out online application tool for COVID Emergency Rental Assistance
- Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights on the Passing of Elbert Hatchett
- Statement from the Michigan Black Leadership Advisory Council (BLAC) on COVID-19 Protocols and Vaccine Hesitancy in the Black Community
For immediate release: January 29, 2021
Media contact: Jessy Sielski, 517-331-1151
Program contact: Heather Throne, 517-712-0841
LANSING, MI — The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is now accepting applications for its latest round of value-added and regional food systems grants. The Value-Added & Regional Food Systems Grant Program is designed to help retain, expand, attract, or develop agricultural processing in Michigan through targeted investments in technology and equipment, feasibility studies, healthy food access, regional food systems and urban agriculture. Grant proposals must be received by 3:00 p.m. (EST) on March 18, 2021.
The maximum grant award eligible is $100,000 per proposal. Each project will require a minimum 30 percent match. The value-added proposals will be evaluated through a competitive selection process. Applicants for grant funds will be asked to describe how the project will impact and produce measurable outcomes for Michigan's food and agriculture industry.
More on Michimich.com
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- Public asked to help guide Michigan's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050
- Michigan: Lane closures on US-31 bascule bridge in Manistee next two weeks for exploratory soil borings
- Michigan: DNR's Eastern UP Citizens' Advisory Council to meet in virtual session
The department will be hosting an informational webinar on February 4, 2021, from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. via Microsoft Teams virtual platform. There is no need to register for the webinar. Visit Michigan.gov/MDARDgrants for the webinar details.
MDARD is accepting proposals intended to help expand value-added agricultural processing and food hub development in the state as well as access to fresh nutritional Michigan grown foods. Those interested in applying should visit Michigan.gov/mdardgrants to view the application and grant guidelines.
Any additional communications concerning this Request for Proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, proposals must be received via email at email@example.com no later than 3:00 p.m. (EST) on March 18, 2021. Proposals received after 3:00 p.m. will not be considered.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Charges Benton Harbor Man
- Michigan: US-2 Dickinson County resurfacing project starts April 26
- Michigan: Reminder: Ongoing bridge work requires closing I-75 this weekend in Oakland County
- Michigan: Former Osceola County Sheriff's Deputy Sentenced for Series of Child Sex Crimes, Felony Drug Charges
- Michigan: M-129 bridge repair project starts April 19
For more information about MDARD's grant programs, visit Michigan.gov/MDARDgrants.
Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Join us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Instagram | Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Work on Burns Street overpass replacement requires closing a lane on westbound I-94 in Detroit
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Partners with Responsibility.org to Prevent Underage Drinking During Alcohol Responsibility Month
- Michigan: M-53 closed Friday night, April 16, for culvert replacement at Stiles Road in Lapeer County
- New Partnership to FightCybercrime Launching Program to Support the Military and Veteran Community
- Eaton Engineer Recognized as One of SME's 25 Leaders in Smart Manufacturing
- Health Insurance Virtual Town Hall Offered to Michigan Consumers
- Michigan: Spring steelhead egg collection on Little Manistee River set to start Tuesday
- Michigan: Treasury: Taxpayers Reminded About Individual Income Tax Deadline Change
- Michigan: Ypsilanti Man Sentenced After Embezzling More Than 100K from Elderly Victim
- Anthology of Award-Winning Books Explores Global Concerns in a Child-friendly Format
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Mike Morse Law Firm's Podcast, Open Mike, Releases Landmark 100th Episode
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
- Michigan temporarily pausing use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine based on FDA and CDC guidanceFDA and CDC are reviewing six cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot
- Michigan: Detroit casinos report $113.84 million in March monthly revenue while operating at limited capacity
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Announces Settlement with Ferrellgas Over Alleged Violations of Consumer Protection Laws
- Michigan: MDOT hosting virtual public meeting for M-37 repaving and Battle Creek Linear Park Trail temporary closure
- PADT Named EOS Metal 3D Printing Distribution Partner Across the Southwest, Expanding its Established Additive Manufacturing Products Offering