The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is hosting a public meeting regarding the upcoming railroad bridge replacement project at Jackson and Mechanic streets in Jackson. This open house-style meeting will provide an opportunity for the public to ask questions about the project. There will be a brief presentation with a question-and-answer session at 2 and 6 p.m.
Residents and interested stakeholders
Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020
1:30 - 7 p.m.
Christoff and Sons Floor Covering
400 N. Mechanic St.
More on Michimich.com
- PEL Labs Now Offers Dropbox Service!
- Amazon confirms opening of new "last-mile" delivery station in Sterling Heights
- American BioDefense Institute Commends Congressman Gosar For BioSecurity Amendment
- MOTOR FleetCross Now Integrated with Fullbay
- 2nd Annual Mile High Denver Boutique Week!
Jackson, MI 49201
Accommodations can be made for persons with disabilities and limited English-speaking ability. Large print materials, auxiliary aids or the services of interpreters, signers, or readers available upon request. Please call 517-335-4381 to request at least seven days before meeting date.
MDOT will invest about $17.4 million ($8.2 million from MDOT, $7.2 million from the Federal Railroad Administration, and $2 million from Amtrak) to replace two century-old railroad bridges over Jackson and Mechanic streets in the city of Jackson. The project includes rebuilding hundreds of feet of retaining wall, and improving safety and mobility for motorist, pedestrian, and rail traffic. Work is scheduled to begin in March and is expected to be completed by November 2021. There will be detours on local streets and periodic lane closures on M-50 (East Louis Glick Highway) to accommodate construction.
Latest on Michimich.com
- ASI Introduces "iMIS Inspire for Virtual Conferences Powered by OpenWater"
- NACCE Launched Partnership with Uplift Now
- With an eye toward safety, Sterling Heights opens new Election Center, adds ballot drop boxes
- Black Female Talk Show Host Launches Community of Professionals To Help Bring Multiracial Business Owners & Entrepreneurs Together
- The 100 Best Places To Buy A Vacation Rental in 2020. Report Download Now Available
- Atlantic Cruising Yachts Expanding to Texas with New Partnership: ACY Texas
- Working parent support is not just for mommas. Working parenthood takes a Villyge
- Clearwater Living Opens Clearwater at Sonoma Hills, an Assisted Living and Memory Support Community
- Joel Lindholm Head of CBRS LTE/5G at Facebook to Keynote the Connected Virtual Tech Event
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, CA Opens
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Is Your Commercial Cleaning and Building Maintenance Partner
- CIMdata's President & CEO, Peter Bilello, to Participate in a Webinar on Easier Ways to do
- The Positive Patriot: Robert Dempster Joins The Radio Team at WDTK - The Patriot
- Brooks Bell Launches Inaugural Report, Setting Industry Standard for Experimentation Programs
- Women in Quantum Summit launch event
- JT Legal Group Recognizes the Pandemic of Nursing Home Abuse during COVID-19
- Ocean Conservation Nonprofit, OctoNation, 1 of 14 in North America Accepted to Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- AI.Reverie Awarded $1.5M AFWERX Phase 2 SBIR Contract from U.S. Air Force
- Acumentrics Announces New Website Launch
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic