An open house-style meeting to inform the public on the replacement of the Second Avenue overpass above I-94 in Detroit.
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) staff
Residents and interested stakeholders
Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
University Prep High School
600 Antoinette St.
Detroit, MI 48202
Accommodations can be made for persons with disabilities and limited English-speaking ability. Large print materials, auxiliary aids or the services of interpreters, signers, or readers are available upon request. Please call 517-335-4381 to request at least seven days before meeting date.
MDOT staff will share project details on the upcoming replacement of the Second Avenue overpass above I-94. This $25.5 million replacement will be the first network tied arch structure in the state of Michigan, and will accommodate motor vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle traffic. The Second Avenue overpass was originally constructed in 1954 and has never been replaced. This work, part of the I-94 modernization project in Detroit, is underway and is expected to be completed in spring 2021.
More on Michimich.com
- Tarps Now® Increases Heavy Duty Tarps Line Up Due to Heavy Demand
- Michigan: Public briefing on I-696 Electro-Plating Services contamination set for Feb. 3 in Madison Heights
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency Expands Product Recall
- Michigan: MDOT open house to discuss Dickman Road repaving
- Michigan: MIOSHA awards the highest recognition for workplace safety and health to Cintas Fire Protection facility
The I-94 modernization project will improve safety and mobility by modernizing roughly 7 miles of I-94 between Conner Avenue and I-96. Included in the modernization is utility and bridge replacement, improvements to freeway interchanges, and construction of an additional freeway lane. Follow the I-94 modernization project on the web at www.I94Detroit.org, or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/I94Detroit or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/I94Detroit.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Professional Women Need P.O.W.E.R.!
- SeniorMatch.com Enrolls its Millionth Senior Single for Mature Dating
- Michigan: LARA Suspends License of Centurion Security Concepts, LLC in Detroit, MI
- Michigan: MDOT to host open house on I-94 and I-75 bridge replacements in Detroit
- Michigan: Conservation officers increase snowmobile patrols over holiday weekend
- Michigan: Reward offered in elk poaching incidents in northern Lower Peninsula
- Michigan: State Veterinarian Statement on Alcona County Bovine Tuberculosis Positive Herd
- Tangled Hair Techs Helps Women with Depression Come Alive through Detangling Tangled Matted Hair
- Linksys And Axiros Enter Into Strategic Partnership
- Axiros Solution Enables WND UK, Sigfox Operator For United Kingdom To Manage CPEs On Their Network
- Africanmall--An Online Store of Women Clothing and Wigs For Black Women
- Gov. Whitmer treats MDHHS employees to lunch for 'Simple Gifts' ideas that streamline and improve services for residents, staff; Honorees come from offices throughout the state, including Metro Detroit, West Michigan, Lansing, Flint, Northern Michigan
- Michigan AG Challenges Court Decision Involving Line 5 Tunnel Law
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Lawsuit to Stop Federal Government from Eliminating Food Assistance for Nearly 700,000 Struggling Americans
- Michigan: Treasury: 1099-G Forms Being Sent to Some Taxpayers
- Michigan: Diverse, Bipartisan Coalition Supports Attorney General Nessel's Defense of the ACA, Urges Supreme Court to Act
- Football fever: Continental ensures seating comfort at major sporting events in the United States
- Michigan: MDHHS issues Request for Proposals for juvenile justice diversion pilot programming
- Belinda Goodrich ranked on Amazon best-seller list with new book, Get It Done: A Simple Process for Finding Harmony by Destroying Your To-Do List