OCTOBER 17, 2020
New MDOS toolkit includes critical voting information tailored to military service members
Military service members can now access resources to aid in understanding and exercising their voting rights with the launch of the Michigan Department of State's (MDOS) first Military Voting Engagement Toolkit. The toolkit will provide equitable access to voting for military service members, veterans and their families ahead of the coming presidential election. The Military Voting Engagement Tool Kit can be found at Michigan.gov/MilitaryVoting.
"One of my top priorities as Michigan's chief election officer is to ensure that we serve and protect our military service members, veterans and their families, just as they have given so much to serve and protect all of us," said Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson. "The town hall and our tool kit will ensure the military community can easily access trusted and accurate information about their right to vote in order to participate fully in our democracy."https://www.facebook.com/MichiganSoS/
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Social Worker's License Suspended for Deceptive Advertising
- Bisnar Chase Employment Attorneys Victorious in California Appellate Court
- Intern Pursuit Platform Launches Their New Game!
- An Original Radio Play Mystery Comedy "The Case of the Missing Parents"
- NFL MVP Adrian Peterson teams up with The Athletes' Corner to Launch 'All Day Holiday Meals'
The Military Voting Engagement Toolkit will empower active military service members, veterans and their families with accurate information about their right to vote and important deadlines. Additionally, the toolkit outlines the Federal Post Card Application process as well as the Federal Write-In Ballot option available to Michigan military service members for the first time.
As a part of outreach to the military voting community, MDOS cohosted a voter information town hall for Veterans and Military Service Members in partnership with Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency (MVAA) on Friday, Oct. 16. This event included discussion of the many ways military members can participate in this year's election. Video of the townhall can be found on the Secretary of State and MVAA Facebook pages.
Earlier this month, MDOS announced a similar toolkit for formerly incarcerated individuals as part of the department's Returning Citizens Initiative (RCI) partnership with the Michigan Department of Corrections.
# # #
For media questions, contact
Tracy Wimmer at 517-281-1876.
We welcome questions and comments at the Contact the Secretary of State page.
Customers may call the Department of State Information Center to
speak to a customer-service representative at 888-SOS-MICH (767-6424).
Latest on Michimich.com
- Dubmuzik on "My New Favorite Podcast"
- Michigan: Consumer Advisory: Pica Farms ordered to stop processing and selling cider due to insanitary conditions at its cider mill
- Michigan: AG's Office Signs Agreement with Ann Arbor Company Following Alleged Violations of Consumer Protection Laws
- Michigan: MDOT reminds motorists to be alert as clocks "fall back" on Sunday
- Dubmuzik, Detroit's multi-platinum producer released "Made In Detroit"!
- Detroit Producer Dubmuzik prepares to release No Parachute 2
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine and University of the Southwest Partner to Offer Students Medical School Opportunity
- From Voting Systems to COVID-19 Pandemic, Industrial and Systems Engineers Tackle Tough Topics on International Podcast
- Holiday Open House returns to Bavarian Inn Castle Shops, Frankenmuth Cheese Haus and more on Nov. 13
- Wooask S01 - World's Most Powerful AI Voice Recorder
- Ziebart Hosts Annual Dealer Awards Virtually; Recognizes Franchisees for Outstanding Service
- Lee Doubleo Drops Debut Single 'SLUSHIE' with Sexy Halloween Club Banger Theme
- RPM Promotes Sergio Gutierrez to Global Co-CEO English FranÃ§ais Deutsch espaÃ±ol
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Xavier Goss, #197601
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Randall Morgan, #170198
- Near-Death Experience Researcher Seeks Respondents for Online Survey as Part of New Study and Book
- Michigan: MDARD awards $6.5 million to conservation districts for soil, water, wildlife protection
- Michigan: DNR closes road temporarily in Dickinson County
- Michigan: LARA Director Signs New Indigent Defense Minimum Standard, Protects the Fundamental Constitutional Right to Counsel
- Michigan: MDHHS Extends Emergency Orders in Continued Effort to Contain Spread of COVID-19