- MSHDA Board approves grants to Habitat for Humanity of Michigan and CEDAM, supports loans for acquisition and rehabilitation of affordable rental units in rural communities - 102
- Meijer Customer Survey Reveals Kids May be in for Biggest Christmas Surprises
- Michigan: DNR recommends $5.4 million in Land and Water Conservation Fund grants to support park projects
Oct. 30, 2020
Contact: Capt. Andrew Layton, 517-940-0881
LANSING, MICH. The Michigan National Guard will resume its community based COVID-19 testing mission, conducted in partnership with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and local health departments, by offering COVID-19 testing this week in the communities of Coopersville, Grand Haven, Harrisville, Munising, Newberry, and St. Ignace.
Testing locations include:
Munising: Monday, Nov. 2, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Alger County Road Commission, E9264 M-28, Munising, Mich., 49862.
Grand Haven: Monday, Nov. 2, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., NOCH Testing Site/Old Panera Building, 1091 S. Beacon Blvd., Grand Haven, Mich., 49417.
Harrisville: Thursday, Nov. 5, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., District Health Department, 311 N. Lake Street, Harrisville, Mich., 48740.
Coopersville: Thursday, Nov. 5, 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Coopersville/Polkton Fire Department, 30 Conran Drive, Coopersville, Mich., 49404.
St. Ignace: Friday, Nov. 6, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Little Bear East Arena, 275 Marquette Street, St. Ignace, Mich., 49781.
Newberry: Saturday, Nov. 7, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Luce County Road Commission, 12920 Co. Rd. 457, Newberry, Mich., 49868.
Two weeks ago, all Michigan National Guard COVID-19 testing events were suspended temporarily out of an abundance of caution due to the identification of positive coronavirus cases among some team members. This was the first identification of COVID-19 on the Michigan National Guard's testing teams, which have performed more than 204,000 COVID-19 tests since their mission began in May.
More on Michimich.com
- Adrian Peterson Teams up With The Athletes' Corner to Provide 100,000 Meals to Families in Association With His Custom Thanksgiving Day Cleats
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Michigan: Virtual public meeting scheduled Dec. 7 to discuss 2021 I-75 BL lane reconfiguration in St. Ignace
- Michigan: Blossomland Bridge closing in St. Joseph starting Dec. 1
- Attorney General Nessel Reaches Settlement in Progress Michigan's FOIA Lawsuit Against Former AG's Administration
The Michigan National Guard immediately implemented self-isolation and quarantine protocols for the testing teams. All team members have since been cleared by public health officials in accordance with Centers for Disease Control guidance and have tested negative for the virus.
"Soldiers and Airmen from the Michigan National Guard are continuing to do their utmost to protect our communities, our mission, and each other during this pandemic. Together, they have responded to more than 600 requests for assistance from state and local partner agencies, conducting more than 204,000 COVID-19 tests, supporting more than 290 long term care facilities and distributing nearly 14 million pounds of food at local food banks," said Maj. Gen. Paul Rogers, Adjutant General and Director of the Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. "With the pandemic far from over, it is critical that we resist the temptation to fall into complacency: widespread COVID-19 testing remains one of the best methods for assessing the risk of COVID-19 as we approach the holiday season."
The Michigan National Guard has supported testing initiatives in all but three counties throughout the state during the last six months.
For photos of COVID-19 testing Oct. 3 in Bay City, click here: https://www.dvidshub.net/image/6383255/michigan-national-guard-performing-coronavirus-tests-fall-bay-city
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Former Youth Basketball Coach Jerrell Sanders Sent to Prison for Sex Crime
- New Mom Pens Book to Inspire Daughter's Future
- Micro Kickboard Announces Scooters Made From Recycled Fishing Nets
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
- Genuine Vacation Is Making This Black Friday Extra Special
Latest on Michimich.com
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Guardhat Releases Smart Glasses Based Solutions for Front-Line Workers
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- THE WANDERING PALESTINIAN by Anan Ameri: A Masterful and Riveting Memoir of Activism and Immigration
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- Credit Card Companies' Support for Small Businesses During COVID-19 Not Enough to Drive Customer Satisfaction, J.D. Power Finds
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Karol Soles, #170214
- National Survey Finds More Than 75% of Individual Investors Would Link Their Shopping Habits and Brand Loyalty to Stock Ownership, and They Desire Stock Perks
- Michigan: MDHHS issues Thanksgiving guidance for vulnerable populations
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Commends Canvassers' Certification
- Michigan: Statement from Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson on the Board of State Canvassers certification of Nov. 3 election
- How to sell paparazzi jewelry and use the paparazzi jewelry images you have on your website
- Michigan: EGLE awards nearly $10 million in COVID-19 wastewater surveillance grants and equipment
- Ford to Present at Credit Suisse Industrials and Goldman Sachs Global Automotive Conferences
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"
- Braeden Lichti: Digital Health Trends in 2020