October 9, 2020
Energy Efficiency day was Wednesday, and it highlighted the benefits of energy waste reduction. The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy's (EGLE) Energy Services has numerous energy-saving grant programs. EGLE has featured energy efficiency tips and program information every day this week.
Learn more about Energy Efficiency Day. Share your tips and information on social media using the hashtag #EEDay2020.
Today's Energy Efficiency Tip
After energy efficiency upgrades, the next step to clean energy is through renewable energy, and community solar allows access for all regardless of income.
Today's Featured Energy Services Funding Opportunity
Energy Services, in partnership with the Department of Health and Human Services and a local Community Action Agency, is working with an investor owned utility on a sustainable low-to-moderate income community solar model to be rolled out this fall. This Phase III of the MI Community Solar program will work to address low-income energy challenges and provide access to alternative clean energy that participants might not have otherwise.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Video: In wake of road worker deaths, Gov. Whitmer reminds travelers to drive like this is your workplace
- Michigan: 'Railroad Dock' boating access site to close temporarily in Menominee County
- Michigan: Maintenance project on M-55/I-75 BL near West Branch starts next week
- Michigan Indian Legal Services Halloween Party
- Flagstar Bancorp, Inc. Announces Proposed Offering of Subordinated Notes
Here to Help
Energy Services is committed to promoting healthy communities, economic growth and environmental sustainability through energy efficiency and renewable energy. We support individuals, businesses and communities by providing educational awareness as well as technical, financial and referral assistance. Energy Services offers a variety of programs each year to catalyze growth and jumpstart Michigan entities in reaching their own energy goals.
For more information about EV charging grants
Contact Lisa Thomas, ThomasL17@michigan.gov, 517-282-6646.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Redemption on Yosemite's Mist Trail: The New Literary Masterpiece RANGE OF LIGHT by Scott Neuffer
- PearlFection Dentistry Does Implant Supported Dentures with Zygoma Implants
- Ideanomics Enters into US EV Manufacturing Market
- Autonomous Announces First Ever Standing Desk with User-Adjustable Anti-Collision Feature
- Annual Thanksgiving Day celebrations return to both the Bavarian Inn Restaurant & Lodge
- CIMdata's Don Tolle to Participate in an upcoming Webinar on Aircraft Quality and Reliability
- Auto Insurance Claims Satisfaction Climbs to Record High as Carriers Refine Customer Experience During Pandemic, J.D. Power Finds
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Reginald Samuels, #136716
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of David Figlus, #148706
- Michigan: Westbound I-96 ramp to eastbound I-496 closed for slope work starting Monday in Eaton County
- Michigan: Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming virtual meetings
- Michigan Rehabilitation Champion Awards recognized 11 participants and partners for outstanding commitment to people with disabilities
- Longstanding Viera/Suntree brokerage Vista Florida Realty LLC merges with Dale Sorensen Real Estate, Inc
- MPSC alerts utility customers that complaints about utility scams are on the rise in Michigan
- Michigan: Pontiac Man Going to Circuit Court on Sex Trafficking Criminal Enterprise Charges
- Rose McGowan to Headline Movement for a People's Party Debate Response
- Waterford Dentist Contributes To Nationally Renowned Textbook
- Michigan: Public comment period closes for Enbridge Line 5 tunnel proposal
- Michigan: MDHHS issues Emergency Order updating requirements for residential care facilities to allow for indoor visitation
- Michigan: Voting resources available for housing insecure or homeless individuals