Media Contact: Andrea Miller
Consumer Hotline: 877-999-6442
Facebook: /MIDIFS Twitter: @MIDIFS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 1, 2019
(LANSING) Open enrollment for the Michigan Health Insurance Marketplace begins November 1, 2019 with a deadline of December 15, 2019. The Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS) is encouraging consumers interested in purchasing health insurance to sign into Healthcare.gov to shop for 2020 plans. The good news is Michigan consumers have some of the largest number of companies to choose from among all Healthcare.gov states, and rates have either dropped for many plans or risen only modestly. Help is available at DIFS to help consumers be better informed of their options.
"Consumers in search of insurance options have a significant number of plans through Michigan's Health Insurance Marketplace to meet the needs of their families," said DIFS Director Anita G. Fox. "DIFS is available to assist consumers in making these selections."
More on Michimich.com
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Jurllyshe Back To School Outfits & Clothes Ideas 2020--Jumpsuits, Matching Sets, Dress etc
- Summer Heat Sparks Heavy "Stay at Home" Consumer Demand for Screen Mesh Shade Tarps
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors This Year's Big Hearts Annual Movie Event for The Fifth Year in a Row!
The DIFS Health Insurance Consumer Assistance Program's (HICAP) website, www.michigan.gov/HICAP, contains information on the Marketplace and the Affordable Care Act. Consumers who wish to speak to someone about their questions or concerns can call 877-999-6442.
Depending on income, income tax credits are available for plans on the marketplace. The credits can be used to lower premiums immediately. Those consumers who chose a Silver plan may also qualify for reduced deductibles and copays.
"Michiganders can shop on Healthcare.gov, without obligation, to price plans and see what tax and other savings may help make coverage more affordable," added Fox.
Healthcare.gov does not require consumers to fill out an application to receive a personalized estimate. During Open Enrollment, consumers may purchase health insurance through the marketplace, a licensed insurance agent, an assister or navigator, or directly from a health insurance company.
DIFS recently completed the review of health insurance rate change requests for the individual and small group markets. The average changes a consumer will see is a decrease of 2.5% in the individual market and an increase of 3.8% in the small group market.
More on Michimich.com
- CNB Community Bancorp, Inc. Reports Record Second Quarter 2020 Results
- Cochrane Supply Announces BASfest | The Tour!
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
The final approved Rate Change Request Charts are available online.
There are nine insurance companies in the Michigan market, with some counties having up to 80 plans available to consumers. Since 2017, Michigan has had the largest number of companies per county among all Healthcare.gov states. Over 96% of current enrollees have 3 or more companies available.
The current list of insurers offering plans on the Marketplace are:
- Blue Care Network Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan McLaren Health Plan Community Meridian Health Plan of Michigan, Inc. Molina Healthcare of Michigan Oscar Insurance Company Physicians Health Plan Priority Health Total Health Care USA
For more information about DIFS or the services provided, visit the DIFS website at www.michigan.gov/DIFS, follow them on Twitter or "Like" them on Facebook.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- MLL Offering Guidance for Mandatory Testing
- Flint Group Sues Trend Offset Printing on Multiple Counts for Outstanding Debt and Confiscation of Consigned Good
- Portillo's announces expansion into Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Syncro's Next-Gen MSP Platform Sees Massive Growth in 2020
- Extra/Ordinary Small Business Podcast Season 2 Launches with All-Star Lineup