New office will have more space to assist customers, other upgrades
ST. IGNACE – The Secretary of State office at 364 N. State St. in St. Ignace will officially close at 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13.
The office is moving to a new location at 393 N. State St. and will open for business at 9 a.m. Monday, Dec. 23. The new building will have more lobby space that will provide a better layout for assisting customers. Other improvements include public restrooms, new counters, fresh carpet and new paint and ceiling tiles.
During the weeklong closure, customers are encouraged to complete their transactions online at ExpressSOS.com or visit another branch office.
Most license plate types can be ordered or renewed at ExpressSOS.com. Driver's license permits and registrations for vehicles, motorcycles, snowmobiles or watercraft may be printed, allowing motorists to drive legally until they get their renewed driver's license or plate and tab in the mail. Additionally, customers may order a duplicate registration or title, change their address and register to be an organ donor on the website.
More on Michimich.com
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Michigan: From Students to Stewards Initiative to promote water stewardship, education
- Michigan: AASA releases FY 2019 annual report
- Michigan: Pelosi, Schumer Announce Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Congresswoman Veronica Escobar to Deliver Democratic Response to President Trump's State of The Union
- Michigan AG Nessel Announces Lawsuit Over New Trump Administration Effort to Allow Release of 3D-Printed Guns
Residents needing services during the relocation may visit the following Secretary of State offices:
- Cheboygan, 300 Mill St. Sault Ste. Marie, 2700 Davitt St. Newberry, 504 W. McMillan Ave. Petoskey, 1185 N. U.S. 31 Highway
The offices are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Newberry office is closed from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday and 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on other weekdays for a lunch hour. Services provided include instant titles and Commercial Driver License and mechanic testing.
Customers are encouraged to schedule their visit online at Michigan.gov/SOSAppointments.
# # #
For media questions, contact
Mike Doyle at DoyleM@Michigan.gov
We welcome questions and comments at the Contact the Secretary of State page.
Customers may call the Department of State Information Center to
speak to a customer-service representative at 888-SOS-MICH (767-6424).
Latest on Michimich.com
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Air Duct Cleaning NJ - Why Should I Clean my Home Air Ducts?
- Signature Tracks and Downtown Music Publishing Announce Strategic Partnership for Scoring Film, Television, And Advertising
- Interactive Touchscreen Solutions, Inc. Takes Ward Over Security Integrations with Direct 'Access' Visitor Management Solutions
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grants that will improve Morgan Road in Calhoun County and Sauk River Drive in the city of Coldwater
- CONSUMER ALERT: MPSC publishes list of alternative providers as Talk America Services prepares to exit Michigan
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grants that will improve Marquette Avenue in Bay City and Cuttle Road in the City of Marysville
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grants that will improve South Townline Road in Otsego County and Eastlake Road in Manistee County
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve Lake Lansing Road in Ingham County
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve 68th Avenue in Ottawa County
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve County Road 531 in Delta County
- Michigan: Josh Neyhart joins MDARD as Senior Environmental Policy Advisor
- McCarthy to hire 300 workers for Assembly Solar Project in Michigan
- Michigan: Signal upgrade project in Traverse City starts Jan. 27
- Michigan: MDOT open house for US-131 BR road and bridge project in Constantine
- Michigan: Public open house Jan. 28 to discuss I-75/M-46 construction in Saginaw County
- Hourly wage increase benefits many Michigan agricultural workers
- Sterling Heights: GFL Refuse Pick Up Holiday Schedule 2020
- WorkForce Software Moving to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Sees More Than 30% Increase in Performance
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Product Officer