New office will have more space to assist customers, other upgrades
ST. IGNACE – The Secretary of State office at 364 N. State St. in St. Ignace will officially close at 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13.
The office is moving to a new location at 393 N. State St. and will open for business at 9 a.m. Monday, Dec. 23. The new building will have more lobby space that will provide a better layout for assisting customers. Other improvements include public restrooms, new counters, fresh carpet and new paint and ceiling tiles.
During the weeklong closure, customers are encouraged to complete their transactions online at ExpressSOS.com or visit another branch office.
Most license plate types can be ordered or renewed at ExpressSOS.com. Driver's license permits and registrations for vehicles, motorcycles, snowmobiles or watercraft may be printed, allowing motorists to drive legally until they get their renewed driver's license or plate and tab in the mail. Additionally, customers may order a duplicate registration or title, change their address and register to be an organ donor on the website.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: M-24/Turrill Road signal in Lapeer to begin flash mode by Dec. 12
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Domino's® GPS Delivery Tracking Technology Expanding into Stores Across the U.S.
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
Residents needing services during the relocation may visit the following Secretary of State offices:
- Cheboygan, 300 Mill St. Sault Ste. Marie, 2700 Davitt St. Newberry, 504 W. McMillan Ave. Petoskey, 1185 N. U.S. 31 Highway
The offices are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Newberry office is closed from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday and 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on other weekdays for a lunch hour. Services provided include instant titles and Commercial Driver License and mechanic testing.
Customers are encouraged to schedule their visit online at Michigan.gov/SOSAppointments.
# # #
For media questions, contact
Mike Doyle at DoyleM@Michigan.gov
We welcome questions and comments at the Contact the Secretary of State page.
Customers may call the Department of State Information Center to
speak to a customer-service representative at 888-SOS-MICH (767-6424).
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MPSC accepts parts of Upper Peninsula Power Co.'s integrated resource plan, recommends changes
- Michigan: MPSC approves $19.9M rate increase for SEMCO Energy Gas Co.
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Lowers Flags in Observance of Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- Michigan: MI AG Nessel Charges Former Credit Union Teller with Embezzlement from Elderly Customer
- More than 11,000 blind, visually impaired Michiganders receive services over 50-year span
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Files Brief in Supreme Court Regarding State Funding of Nonpublic Schools
- Michigan: Community Engagement Advisory Committee for Benton Harbor Area Schools Holding Outreach Meetings
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announces new initiative aimed at job training for Michigan vets during two-day Silicon Valley mission
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency to Hold Public Meeting in Flint on Monday
- Michigan: Roundabout at Blair Townhall Road added to 2021 M-37 center left-turn lane project
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Synlio on Sale to Boston-Based Building Engines
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- Debut Author Karen Wolff's THE GREEN YEARS Is a Compelling Post-WWI Coming-of-age Story
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Number of renewable energy installations up by 57% in Michigan in 2018
- Michigan: Strampel Permanently Surrenders License to Practice Medicine; Ordered to Pay $35,000 Fine
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award