- Governor Whitmer Encourages Michiganders to Obtain Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests, Saving Families Hundreds Per Month
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Statement on Nomination of Lisa Cook
- Michigan: Menominee Township Man Sentenced in U.P. Assault with Intent to do Great Bodily Harm Case
Michigan State Police (MSP) motor carrier officers will join officers from the Indiana State Police, Illinois State Police, and Ohio State Highway Patrol in focusing their enforcement on I-94 and other major freeways in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio in a coordinated enforcement operation. Michigan's operation is dubbed "Eyes on 94" and seeks to reduce commercial vehicle crashes along the I-94 corridor. This multi-state effort will take place from Dec. 6-10, 2021.
During this initiative, motor carrier officers will focus on violations by commercial vehicles that are most likely to contribute to a crash, which include distracted driving, following too close, improper passing, speeding, and improper lane use.
More on Michimich.com
- Former US Navy Pirate Hunter Justin Myers Announces New Speaking Program
- Arizona Pest Control Becomes First Pest Control Company In The World To Launch NFT Collection
- President and CEO of Huizenga Group, Steve Klotz, gifts $1 million to Eastern Michigan University College of Business
- OGLife Multiverse Embraces a Staple of Internet Culture in its Partnership with YouMeme as the Metaverse of Memes
- AttaBox's Heartland® Polycarbonate Enclosures Now Feature Reliable Foam-In-Place Gaskets
"This enforcement effort is a great example of the commitment by the MSP, Indiana State Police, Illinois State Police, and the Ohio Highway Patrol to reach our common goal of increasing traffic safety and reducing crashes," stated Capt. Richard Arnold, Commander of the MSP Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division. "This coordinated operation is an effort to increase awareness by means of high visibility enforcement on the I-94 freeway, which is prone to weather-related crashes involving interstate commercial vehicle drivers this time of year."
Multi-state commercial vehicle enforcement initiatives allow neighboring states to align their resources to collectively focus attention on safety concerns involving interstate traffic. The MSP's participation in these joint initiatives aims to increase safety on Michigan roads.
The "Eyes on 94" initiative is part of the statewide Drive Toward Zero Deaths traffic safety campaign, which is based on the national strategy on highway safety that seeks to reduce the number of traffic deaths nationwide.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Productivity Engineering Services LLC (PES) Celebrates its 30th Anniversary
- FairySwap DEX Launches with Radical Community-Oriented Tokenomics
- Star-Studded Fundraising Event To Celebrate Harry Belafonte's 95th Birthday & 10th Anniversary of Sankofa.org
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Heartland Closes out a Historic Year with its 24th Acquisition
- TrueDialog Awarded "Most Promising Salesforce Solution Provider 2021" by CIOReview
- Legal Consultation App Lawmato Hires First General Counsel and Director of Operations
- Diversified Roofing Solutions Brings to Town Quick and Efficient Roof Installation and Repair Services
- New electric vehicles launching at Work Truck Week 2022
- New AxiaGram Mobile Communication App by HiMS Provides Health Care Professionals Ability to Transform Where, When and How Patient Care is Delivered
- Free Webinar on Minimum Model-Based Design for Type Design Certification
- SpartanNash Welcomes Bennett Morgan as SVP, Chief Merchandising Officer
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation celebrates sixth annual National Day of Racial Healing
- PhaseZero Offers CxAnalytics and Data-as-a-Service Solution with Roadmap to Deliver Enterprise AI Applications for Manufacturing Companies
- SecurCapital Corp announces major Q1 portfolio expansion
- O2 Investment Partners Announces Promotions
- Window acquires Fintech Drift to provide differentiated insights into the future of finance and ESG
- Quavo, Inc. Announces Completion of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- Top InsurTech Startup Pendella Expands Into PEO Market With Employ Source
- Turkey VPS with KVM Hypervisor Windows or Linux Cloud Hosting Solution by Onlive Server