- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces Credit Rating Outlook Boost as State Displays Strong Financial Position, Economic Recovery
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Payroll Fraud Enforcement Unit Shares Amazon Flex Settlement
- Armstrong International Charts Roadmap to Decarbonization, Joins Renewable Thermal Collaborative
Jill A. Greenberg, EGLE spokesperson, GreenbergJ@Michigan.gov, 517-897-4965
EGLE Media Office, EGLE-Assist@Michigan.gov, 517-284-9278
Registration open for virtual event set for June 2-4
The Michigan Sustainability Conference (MISCON), a one-of-a-kind event for transforming social and environmental sustainability, is planned June 2-4, 2021.
The virtual conference, hosted by the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE), in partnership with Michigan Green Communities and Michigan Health and Hospital Association, will allow attendees to network with hundreds of business and community leaders to learn from, collaborate with, and together drive meaningful change.
"Whether it's developing electric vehicles, innovating food waste reduction technologies or examining how clean energy options contribute to a sustainable economy, this conference illustrates how our collaborative efforts directly impact our environment and that of generations to come," said Elizabeth M. Browne, director of the Materials Management Division at EGLE.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Gaylord man arraigned on three charges after fleeing DNR conservation officer in Otsego County
- Michigan: Former Catholic School Teacher Pleads Guilty, MI AG Clergy Abuse Team Secures Fourth Conviction
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Leads Coalition in Fight to Preserve Billions of Dollars for Schools
- Michigan: Public Integrity Investigation Involving Macomb County Prosecutor Leads to Additional Guilty Plea
- Michigan: MSHDA Board approves Qualified Allocation Plan and loan commitments for affordable housing developments
This year's three-day program offers a multitude of sessions focusing on successful business case studies, community sustainability efforts, the linkage to public health, and funding opportunities. Strategically placed networking breaks using the Whova application allow attendees to directly interact with exhibitors, presenters, and other conference-goers.
Attendees will gain the tools they need to move from traditional procedures to best practices using science, technology, storytelling, and partnerships to meet the underlying demand for social and environmental sustainability. Session topics include carbon reduction, transportation, recycling electronic waste, landfill avoidance, and sustainable economic growth.
Those interested in attending MISCON as a participant or exhibitor are encouraged to view event information and register online. Continuing education and professional development hours are available.
Individuals needing language assistance or accommodations for effective participation in this conference should contact Joel Roseberry at RoseberryJ@Michigan.gov or 517-599-9494 by May 7, 2021, to request language, mobility, visual, hearing, translation and/or other assistance.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Scallop Software is now a GSA MULTIPLE SCHEDULE approved vendor. Congratulations from Brian Peterson and the Government Marketplace LLC team
- Overlooked Hurricane Katrina Mississippi Black Women Survivors Resilience and Recovery
- Two Late Model JD Norman Automotive Component Facilities to Be Auctioned by Order of the Secured Party
- Michigan: MDHHS seeking proposals for services to domestic violence victims
- Michigan: Streams and lakes statewide will benefit from 17 Fisheries Habitat Grant projects
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Celebrates Supreme Court Decision Upholding the Affordable Care Act
- Hot, dry weather pushes fire danger into 'extreme' territory for parts of Michigan
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces State will Open to Full Capacity on June 22
- Paul Sinacore Casting Shines Spotlight On "Friends: The Reunion" as Diversity Backlash Continues
- ACN Inc. Reaches Agreement for the Purchase of Assets of Kynect Ltd
- Is A Licensed Property Manager Required In Nevada?
- Visionz Group and HMSA Form Partnership to Help Ex-Offenders in Michigan Prepare for the Workforce
- Michigan: Council on Climate Solutions to meet June 22
- Governor Whitmer, Michigan Officials Celebrate U.S. Supreme Court Decision That Upholds the Affordable Care Act
- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day
- The Coretec Group Enters Into Research Partnership With Eindhoven University of Technology
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency Announces June Business Resource Workshop, Featuring Our Cannabis
- AG Nessel Congratulates Department Staff Recognized by Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Mid-Michigan Region
- Industry Leaders Spotlight the New Payer Regulatory and Compliance Environment at Beacon Leadership Summit